Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert needs to recruit some quality but will Evans back him ? 17:49 - Oct 27 with 4541 viewseddiespearitt03

When Marcus Evans and Paul Hurst had a clear out unfortunately he got rid of the better players and left the rubbish here.
Lets be honest. We will win naff all with Chambers, Sears, Skuse, Knudsen. These senior players should be the leaders but they are finding it a task too much. We leak goals and have nothing in midfield. Very little quality. The young players that are selected just can,t make any impression and the strikers have no service.
We need a big target man up front and someone with skill and pace to play off him.

This is not a confidence thing, it is clearly a lack of ability. We should of recruited a promising manager from Europe with a view to recruit good European players.
All that work on the training pitch seems to result in no progress what-so-ever.

Yet Marcus Evans desperately employs a manager who has to try and get these footballers playing quality football.......We need to recruit that quality !!!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 0:53]
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 17:52 - Oct 27 with 4174 viewsWD19

You know that bit where PH made more changes, further and faster than ME was expecting or comfortable with.............
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:08 - Oct 27 with 4098 viewsmadmouse1959

>>>>And Mick Mills on the radio suggesting we could do with bringing Tommy Smith back. Oh my gawd. Ha ha ha.
Same ol dribble on the radio week in/week out , year after year. Yes, we are recruiting managers and players from the little UK merry go round. Evans should try something new and be a bit more dynamic if he wants to bring success back to this club.

We have a League One squad and League One is calling us. Teams are finding it fairly easy to beat us. To see this season out i agree we need a big man up front and certainly more bite in midfield. Sadly, we are weak in every department right now.

shampoo dave

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:21 - Oct 27 with 4004 viewsHennikerBlu

We are desperate for a target man, someone to hold the ball up and allow play to join, that has to be PL's number one target. Though his first priority is to improve confidence and get the fight back in the team.

In fairness to the senior players, PH has called them out or dropped them, so perhaps that undermined them with the rest of the squad. Hard to be a leader if you are not even respected by your leader.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 18:25]
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:24 - Oct 27 with 3965 viewspeterleeblue

2 wins and 3 ground out draws by Xmas takes us to 20 points. A positive transfer window and a shot at 30 points in the second half of the season.

I think a hold up striker that brings other players into the attack is essential. We can still get out of this.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:47 - Oct 27 with 3850 viewsfabian_illness

What we also need is for the fan base to pull together, stop p1ssing their pants over every minor detail and stop the continuous negativity.
You suck more life out of the club than anything else.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:49 - Oct 27 with 3836 viewsWestSussexBlue

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:24 - Oct 27 by peterleeblue

2 wins and 3 ground out draws by Xmas takes us to 20 points. A positive transfer window and a shot at 30 points in the second half of the season.

I think a hold up striker that brings other players into the attack is essential. We can still get out of this.

We WILL get out of this purely because Evans acted in the nick of time.
I honestly believe the experience Lambert has will count for a lot in the next 6 months and we’ve got him before another club are in the situation of looking for a new manager.
Things will start to look up...Have faith.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:54 - Oct 27 with 3809 viewsHennikerBlu

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:47 - Oct 27 by fabian_illness

What we also need is for the fan base to pull together, stop p1ssing their pants over every minor detail and stop the continuous negativity.
You suck more life out of the club than anything else.

I agree to a point. But back in the day, lads would come out with the same old stuff over a few pints in the pub. Now it's all over the internet and debated in that way. at least back then you could blame the drink.

The key is to get behind the players at games, in fairness at PR it has been pretty good until the QPR game, when the display showed such little fight.

If the players provide, the crowd will respond, even if it is fight over quality.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 3791 viewsCoastalblue

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:54 - Oct 27 by HennikerBlu

I agree to a point. But back in the day, lads would come out with the same old stuff over a few pints in the pub. Now it's all over the internet and debated in that way. at least back then you could blame the drink.

The key is to get behind the players at games, in fairness at PR it has been pretty good until the QPR game, when the display showed such little fight.

If the players provide, the crowd will respond, even if it is fight over quality.

I can still blame the drink

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:57 - Oct 27 with 3772 viewsHennikerBlu

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:55 - Oct 27 by Coastalblue

I can still blame the drink

Haha I can't tonight but wish I could!

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:09 - Oct 27 with 3701 viewsCurrie10

Lets give Lambert a chance shall we!
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:14 - Oct 27 with 3666 viewsfabian_illness

Totally agree.

Now all we get is collective hand wringing over a random Twitter post or something reported in the east Anglian. Some posters display a massive amount of over entitlement.

I get more depressed at the continual moaning and whining on here that I ever do going to football.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:18 - Oct 27 with 3644 viewsDarth_Koont

I admit we probably need a more physical striker so that the ball sticks further up the pitch or we win second balls ... but we're far too disorganised and directionless to start on the individual players.

Pronouns: He/Him

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:22 - Oct 27 with 3615 viewsmagilton

Paul Hurst's recruitment has undoubtedly morphed us into a League 1 team trying to compete in the Championship. That said, we're not the only club in that situation. I'd say all of the bottom six are in the same boat, so if we can haul ourselves above three of them we can still get out of trouble and then look to rebuild. We can't afford to drop many more points though. We're already five points adrift with the worst GD in the division. At the very least we need to start turning losses into draws and draws into wins.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:24 - Oct 27 with 3584 viewsFramfarmer

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:18 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

I admit we probably need a more physical striker so that the ball sticks further up the pitch or we win second balls ... but we're far too disorganised and directionless to start on the individual players.

Lambert has contacts, he'll find decent players on a shoestring budget, make the squad want to play for the manager again, we'll finish top half this year, compete for promotion next - mark my words
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:26 - Oct 27 with 3568 viewsElephantintheRoom

Even harsher fact. He’s a lazy burnt out gravy train rider only here for the pay off. IF or when Brum get their points deduction that might save us with Rotherham all but down already. That will have nothing to do with Lambert though

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:29 - Oct 27 with 3530 viewsCoastalblue

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:26 - Oct 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Even harsher fact. He’s a lazy burnt out gravy train rider only here for the pay off. IF or when Brum get their points deduction that might save us with Rotherham all but down already. That will have nothing to do with Lambert though

I think Lambert is anything but a gravy train rider, completely the opposite.

You should change your user name, it's not apt for any of your comments or threads.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:30 - Oct 27 with 3505 viewsBlueNode

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:26 - Oct 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Birmingham are already 14 points above us... even if they get a points deduction it will only be 10 at max

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:32 - Oct 27 with 3484 viewsBrixtonBlue

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 18:08 - Oct 27 by madmouse1959

>>>>And Mick Mills on the radio suggesting we could do with bringing Tommy Smith back. Oh my gawd. Ha ha ha.
Same ol dribble on the radio week in/week out , year after year. Yes, we are recruiting managers and players from the little UK merry go round. Evans should try something new and be a bit more dynamic if he wants to bring success back to this club.

We have a League One squad and League One is calling us. Teams are finding it fairly easy to beat us. To see this season out i agree we need a big man up front and certainly more bite in midfield. Sadly, we are weak in every department right now.

i wouldn't be adverse to bringing Smith back. We could do a lot worse.

Evans DID try something new - a young, hungry manager from the lower leagues. Unfortunately the step up was too much for him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:34 - Oct 27 with 3469 viewsWonky

Agreed. Ph wasn't treated badly at PR and we never saw a win. Nor will Lambert picking up such hard job.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:35 - Oct 27 with 3445 viewseireblue

Errrrmmm...thats a prediction, not a fact.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 3395 viewsBinner

How many points do you think Birmingham will lose? (If any) They're already 14 points ahead of us and going well..

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Completely inaccurate statement. on 19:50 - Oct 27 with 3350 viewsGuthrum

Lambert may not, in the end, be able to save us, but as things stand he most certainly still can.

You can't take the evidence of one game against notably tough* opposition under a caretaker manager with two days of preparation time to prove it's impossible to do anything with this squad. Klug is an outstanding developer of Youth, but he's not the man to make a miraculous transformation of a struggling team (see results at the end of last season - bearing in mind Reading collapsed after we scored).

We need to wait and see what Lambert can do, who he picks (or leaves out), the system(s) he uses and who he brings in before we can get any real idea as to how things will pan out.

* In the sense of hard working, highly drilled, do the simple things very well. Strongly backed by their fans, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 20:08 - Oct 27 with 3219 viewsHarry_Palmer

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 19:24 - Oct 27 by Framfarmer

Lambert has contacts, he'll find decent players on a shoestring budget, make the squad want to play for the manager again, we'll finish top half this year, compete for promotion next - mark my words

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Top half!!

Good one,

i'll have some of whatever you're on please.
Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 20:15 - Oct 27 with 3162 viewsDarth_Koont

Don't be a twerp.

Pronouns: He/Him

Harsh Fact....Lambert can not save us !!!!! on 00:51 - Oct 28 with 2839 viewsmadmouse1959

When you see footballers like 35 year old Glen Newman @ Brighton still playing well in the premiership it is vital we find that kind of quality in our team. The statistics speak for themselves in the last three games. The only way this team can survive this season is to find a strategy that works. This club always seems to be lumbered with footballers who contribute very little in a season either through injury or bit-part game time because of poor form.

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024