Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this quote from Evans is rather worrying 18:46 - Oct 25 with 2435 viewsIllinoisblue

"The core of our club remains strong and it is that which has helped us create a highly competitive team in the Championship over the last five or six years."

highly competitive????? Really?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:47 - Oct 25 with 2414 viewsblueconscience

Evans is deluded

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:48 - Oct 25 with 2397 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans statement translated. by Cheltenham_Blue 25 Oct 2018 18:32
“This group of experienced players along with the additions we made to the squad this summer of younger developing talent, plus the ongoing progression of players from our academy means the new manager will have a solid group to work with and build for the future.”

Translated: “There’s no money for January”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:48 - Oct 25 with 2395 viewsMullet

Just businessspeak and an admission of the mistake made I'd say. He's not far wrong, but the tail end of that 5 years is where the squad dropped after the injury ravages of the season before. He's probably not wanting to draw a line back to the atmosphere etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 2359 viewsbadadski

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:48 - Oct 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

“This group of experienced players along with the additions we made to the squad this summer of younger developing talent, plus the ongoing progression of players from our academy means the new manager will have a solid group to work with and build for the future.”

ummm maybe someone forgot to tell him we sold the core of our team or he hasn't checked the accounts ledger in a while?
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:51 - Oct 25 with 2328 viewsRegencyBlue

If he truly believes that his expectations are non existent.

That could explain much of the last few years!
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:53 - Oct 25 with 2286 viewsSuperTommySmith

Well he's not exactly going to come out and say all our players are rubbish. We still need them to get us out of this mess.
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:07 - Oct 25 with 2139 viewsBudapestByBlimp

I took this to be that he was referring to the staff ie, Klug, Nash, Hogg etc.
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:08 - Oct 25 with 2125 viewsReuser_is_God

The guy is a berk.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:20 - Oct 25 with 2052 viewsBigalhunter

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:08 - Oct 25 by Reuser_is_God

The guy is a berk.

Yup, but until someone puts their hand in their pocket, he's our berk.
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:30 - Oct 25 with 1975 viewsRegencyBlue

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:48 - Oct 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

The usual ‘spin’ being used there!

I just want him to sell up. It can’t happen soon enough for me.
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:32 - Oct 25 with 1931 viewsSuperblue95

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:30 - Oct 25 by RegencyBlue

The usual ‘spin’ being used there!

I just want him to sell up. It can’t happen soon enough for me.

Ain't gonna happen any time soon I'm afraid

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:39 - Oct 25 with 1889 viewsSwansea_Blue

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:47 - Oct 25 by blueconscience

Evans is deluded

Totally. Either that or he thinks we’re stupid. The trouble for him is that business bullsh*t bingo doesn’t work for a team or it’s fans. It’s bleedingly obvious when the reality is miles from the spin.

ME has done pretty well with his relationship with us, but he’s walking a dangerous line here treating us for fools. Be honest with us or he risks a lot of people turning against him pretty quickly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 19:48 - Oct 25 with 1841 viewsTractorCraigo

Yeah, 'highly competitive' would surely mean promotion or challenging, not mid table or bottom!
this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 20:09 - Oct 25 with 1739 viewsjontysnut

this quote from Evans is rather worrying on 18:47 - Oct 25 by blueconscience

Evans is deluded

You do have to wonder that if he surrounded himself with the same dolts in business that he seems to rely on for football advice that he wouldn't be Britain's 53rd richest bloke or whatever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024