Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tusk has a point. 16:19 - Oct 4 with 9601 viewsMattinLondon

I don’t think anyone had died has a result of the EU trying to impose itself upon a country who wants to leave.

I wonder how many people have died from resisting being part of the British Empire
Tusk has a point. on 16:43 - Oct 4 with 5692 viewsHennikerBlu

And the Belgium Congo, German East Africa, Algeria, Morroco etc.

No clean hands when it comes to colonialism. You might want to look into the origins of the Rwandan genocide and how the Hutu and Tutsi were selected is quite horrific and paved the way for a modern tragedy.
Tusk has a point. on 16:45 - Oct 4 with 5679 viewsfactual_blue

This single famine, one of at least eight to affect India during British rule, cost two million or more lives. The 1943 famine was the direct consequence of Imperial policy; Churchill's comment was a “the Hindus were a foul race, protected by their mere pullulation [propensity to breed] from the doom that is their due.”

In the earalier famines the Empire was culpable, at best doing nothing to relieve suffering, at worst consciously pursuing policies that made famine more likely.

In some two hundred years of British rule, over fifty million Indians died.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tusk has a point. on 17:57 - Oct 4 with 5616 viewssparks

It has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation and appears to be pretty brainless, emotive rabble rousing. Embarrassing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Tusk has a point. on 23:31 - Oct 4 with 5509 viewstabletopjoe

But how many innocent people were slaughtered when Germany previously tried to assert its domination of Europe

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Tusk has a point. on 23:32 - Oct 4 with 5504 viewsjeera

As others have said, it's not much of a point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tusk has a point. on 23:40 - Oct 4 with 5494 viewsFootballpete

Tusk has a point. on 23:31 - Oct 4 by tabletopjoe

But how many innocent people were slaughtered when Germany previously tried to assert its domination of Europe

How will turning the European powers from being parters back in to competitors help prevent such tragedies ever happening again? The peace in Central Europe that we have enjoyed for generations would’ve seemed unthinkable 70 years ago. I find it baffling that people seem to be celebrating the potential breakdown of this situation.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Tusk has a point. on 05:25 - Oct 5 with 5407 viewsBenters2

Yep good point!
Tusk has a point. on 06:57 - Oct 5 with 5367 viewstabletopjoe

Tusk has a point. on 23:40 - Oct 4 by Footballpete

How will turning the European powers from being parters back in to competitors help prevent such tragedies ever happening again? The peace in Central Europe that we have enjoyed for generations would’ve seemed unthinkable 70 years ago. I find it baffling that people seem to be celebrating the potential breakdown of this situation.

It’s a false peace. When the nationalities realise that their countries have been abolished, you won’t want to be Donald Tusk

Login to get fewer ads

Tusk has a point. on 06:59 - Oct 5 with 5364 viewsBloomBlue

And how many of our people died when we tried to resist those Italians
Tusk has a point. on 07:20 - Oct 5 with 5342 viewsHerbivore

Tusk has a point. on 23:40 - Oct 4 by Footballpete

But we git are country back!!!!!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tusk has a point. on 07:27 - Oct 5 with 5320 viewsBenters2

Tusk has a point. on 07:20 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

But we git are country back!!!!!

Quiet rite.
Tusk has a point. on 07:31 - Oct 5 with 5318 viewsHerbivore

Tusk has a point. on 07:27 - Oct 5 by Benters2

Quiet rite.

What are you planning on doing with the country when you get it back buh?

Tusk has a point. on 08:32 - Oct 5 with 5268 viewslowhouseblue

is he trying to out do jeremy hunt with dim witted analogies?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tusk has a point. on 08:37 - Oct 5 with 5248 viewsBenters2

Tusk has a point. on 07:31 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

What are you planning on doing with the country when you get it back buh?

Having a extra Bank Holiday,hiring the village hall and having a party,hopefully we might have won a game by then,so i can have a double party.

Living the dream.
Tusk has a point. on 09:10 - Oct 5 with 5220 viewsHerbivore

Tusk has a point. on 08:37 - Oct 5 by Benters2

Having a extra Bank Holiday,hiring the village hall and having a party,hopefully we might have won a game by then,so i can have a double party.

Living the dream.

All well and good but what will you do to stop the economy crashing?

Tusk has a point. on 10:57 - Oct 5 with 5160 viewsblueconscience

Tusk has a point. on 09:10 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

All well and good but what will you do to stop the economy crashing?

like the crash whilst still under the Rules of the EU Gods?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 10:57]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Tusk has a point. on 10:59 - Oct 5 with 5150 viewsHerbivore

Tusk has a point. on 10:57 - Oct 5 by blueconscience

like the crash whilst still under the Rules of the EU Gods?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 10:57]

Under the rule of the EU gods? Is that roflcopter of yours British made, fam?

Tusk has a point. on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 5144 viewsblueconscience

Tusk has a point. on 10:59 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

I am half Irish, so still half EU, so the vote or result makes no odds to me. Just makes me laugh with all this scare mongering and stories about how everything is going to go wrong.

Things are not perfect in the EU either

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Tusk has a point. on 11:14 - Oct 5 with 5135 viewsNo9

Mr Hunts comments were disgusting and the worst sort of racism.
Lat year Hitler this year Stalin forgettign there are many in the old enough to understand this is a stupid and unecessary insult.
And still the tories have no real policies let alone know what to do about the EU
Not a good idea to chuck insults at the people you need to dig you out of the sh!t but then of course we must not forget the whole object of the exercise was to get out of the EU and blame soeone else if it all turns to ratsh!t.
Tusk has a point. on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 5117 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tusk has a point. on 11:14 - Oct 5 by No9

Lat year Hitler this year Stalin forgettign there are many in the old enough to understand this is a stupid and unecessary insult.
And still the tories have no real policies let alone know what to do about the EU
Not a good idea to chuck insults at the people you need to dig you out of the sh!t but then of course we must not forget the whole object of the exercise was to get out of the EU and blame soeone else if it all turns to ratsh!t.

You’re a fan of Tony Benn aren’t you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tusk has a point. on 11:21 - Oct 5 with 5116 viewsblueconscience

Tusk has a point. on 10:59 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

And the reason I called them Gods, is that I thought it was quite fitting with all the EU worshipping that goes on here on the forums.

Tusk has a point. on 11:22 - Oct 5 with 5113 viewstabletopjoe

Tusk has a point. on 11:14 - Oct 5 by No9

Isn’t killing someone because of their race worse?

Tusk has a point. on 11:23 - Oct 5 with 5107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ridiculous comment. And makes light of the millions of innocent people killed in cold blood by the Nazi's. Absolutely no comparison to the EU. Quite the opposite - this modern, united Germany is the one that took in well over it's fair share of refugees during the migrant crisis.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tusk has a point. on 11:24 - Oct 5 with 5104 viewsHerbivore

Tusk has a point. on 11:21 - Oct 5 by blueconscience

And the reason I called them Gods, is that I thought it was quite fitting with all the EU worshipping that goes on here on the forums.

Nobody worships them and nor are of were we under their 'rule'. Aside from that, top posting.

Tusk has a point. on 11:26 - Oct 5 with 5098 viewsblueconscience

Tusk has a point. on 11:24 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

Nobody worships them and nor are of were we under their 'rule'. Aside from that, top posting.

thanks for the compliment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024