Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before Hurst was appointed 19:32 - Oct 3 with 9454 viewstextbackup

Who on here was calling for him, and what are your thoughts on it all?
(In no way a dig, just wondering how you guys now view it)
Remember ther being a few that were really bigging him up, genuinely can’t recall who tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Before Hurst was appointed on 22:50 - Oct 4 with 1250 viewsTrumptonBlue

I was another who fell for Jack Ross but, when he slipped away, Hurst seemed a good option on the rebound. My Shrewsbury-supporting friend raved about him and said he was just what we needed - gets the best out of players, knows the lower league talent and plays decent football. It's not quite working out as I'd hoped.

Wouldn't have minded Warburton, didn't want Lampard. I rather liked the idea of Scott Parker, for some reason.
Before Hurst was appointed on 23:09 - Oct 4 with 1236 viewsBonchosBicycle

Was more excited about Ross but not disappointed with Hurst. Both seemed in a similar mould and were what many of us hoped for - a hungry young manager with proven success albeit at lower levels.
I wasn't a rabid Mick Outer but believe we needed a change. I obviously hoped we'd be doing better at this point but I knew this would be one of those tough rebuilding years even if I hoped everything would magically come together and we'd be in the top six right now.
I thought I'd be happy with lower mid-table this year with signs of a team coalescing. I still think that. We have myriad problems at the moment but still no one has made us look completely stupid. We've done that to ourselves a couple of time mind. I think we have a core of committed players right now - I said elsewhere that ALL of them have something to prove and I don't think that's a bad thing. You can quibble about any of them but in my opinion none of the new signings individually have looked out of their depth. I mostly see a team that has had to come together quickly, has had some poor luck, and has lost confidence.
Before Hurst was appointed on 23:31 - Oct 4 with 1217 viewsjeera

Before Hurst was appointed on 14:16 - Oct 4 by agentp

Ah, that's the point. You wanted something exciting. Something to chase balls. What you got was a baby seal, cos what you got was a pup.

I hadn't considered that.

On that note, I am not allowed a dog or cat (spit) where I live atm, but I didn't see anything mentioned about seals.

I wonder if there's some loophole.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Before Hurst was appointed on 02:14 - Oct 5 with 1200 viewshorsehollerer

My first choice was Mowbray but that was never going to happen. I was also in favour of Lampard, although that was never going to happen either. But Hurst was definitely my pick from the realistic choices.

I still like the bloke and I desperately want him to succeed. I don't see any logic in not wanting him to succeed. I hope he will quickly make the necessary adjustments to his own thinking/approach/performance, and turn this season around. It doesn't look good right now but I still believe he has a chance, at least as much as anyone else has.

It is always better to have the current manager succeed than having to start over again — especially when Hurst has made such radical changes to the personnel.

Hurst has got a long long way to go to make that happen and to prove himself worthy of the role, but I hope he makes it.

The vitriol towards him and the players, particularly on FB and Instagram, sickens me. Just seen a comment on the presser video page on here: "Let's all hope he resigns on Saturday" (or something like that). How can that be anyone's first choice for what happens this Saturday? It's just wrong. How about let's all hope Town play a blinder and win on Saturday and get a bit of confidence and momentum going?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Before Hurst was appointed on 07:16 - Oct 5 with 1157 viewsHerbivore

Before Hurst was appointed on 02:14 - Oct 5 by horsehollerer

My first choice was Mowbray but that was never going to happen. I was also in favour of Lampard, although that was never going to happen either. But Hurst was definitely my pick from the realistic choices.

I still like the bloke and I desperately want him to succeed. I don't see any logic in not wanting him to succeed. I hope he will quickly make the necessary adjustments to his own thinking/approach/performance, and turn this season around. It doesn't look good right now but I still believe he has a chance, at least as much as anyone else has.

It is always better to have the current manager succeed than having to start over again — especially when Hurst has made such radical changes to the personnel.

Hurst has got a long long way to go to make that happen and to prove himself worthy of the role, but I hope he makes it.

The vitriol towards him and the players, particularly on FB and Instagram, sickens me. Just seen a comment on the presser video page on here: "Let's all hope he resigns on Saturday" (or something like that). How can that be anyone's first choice for what happens this Saturday? It's just wrong. How about let's all hope Town play a blinder and win on Saturday and get a bit of confidence and momentum going?

Good post. I do get the sense that there are a few people who have totally made their minds up and now almost want us to fail to be proved right. I'd like nothing more than for Hurst to get a win and us to move forward. He's made mistakes for sure but he has something about him as a manager and if he can ride out this spell, get these players playing and add a bit more quality in future transfer windows then I'd like to see that and see how things develop. It's been a hell of a learning curve but if he has learnt and if he can develop then we could have a very good manager on our hands. At the moment though he's not yet shown he can, but it's very early days still for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Before Hurst was appointed on 08:02 - Oct 5 with 1143 viewsCurrie10

Before Hurst was appointed on 07:16 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

Good post. I do get the sense that there are a few people who have totally made their minds up and now almost want us to fail to be proved right. I'd like nothing more than for Hurst to get a win and us to move forward. He's made mistakes for sure but he has something about him as a manager and if he can ride out this spell, get these players playing and add a bit more quality in future transfer windows then I'd like to see that and see how things develop. It's been a hell of a learning curve but if he has learnt and if he can develop then we could have a very good manager on our hands. At the moment though he's not yet shown he can, but it's very early days still for me.

I wanted him.

He's been an absolute disaster on so many levels.

HURST OUT
Before Hurst was appointed on 11:08 - Oct 5 with 1101 viewshorsehollerer

Before Hurst was appointed on 08:02 - Oct 5 by Currie10

I wanted him.

He's been an absolute disaster on so many levels.

HURST OUT

You're illustrating my point. What about if Town win on Saturday? Why is the default narrative and focus always "inning" or "outing" the manager instead of getting something from the game on Saturday? And I'm not pinning this on you btw, I mean the conversation in general. I accept that there is a likelihood that things won't get any better, and that there will be a point when we will have to take action to stay in this division. Fair enough. But we're not there yet. By far the best thing we can do is get our act together under the current manager and get back on track. If we can get a point on Saturday, we then face a few of the teams around us after the break and who knows?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Before Hurst was appointed on 11:32 - Oct 5 with 1086 viewsLightningboy

Not me..Mowbray/Venus were my 1st choice when Mick left.

The more the whole “waiting to speak to Hurst” thing dragged on the more irritating I found it that we were casting aside better options - some without even giving them an interview..I wanted change but our owner’s obsession with Hurst bemused me..even more now obviously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024