Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club 23:24 - Sep 18 with 1875 viewsNuggets

I’m a regular observer of this forum, but a rare poster, and one of the reasons is that I get a strong impression that a minority of Ipswich supporters on here value their own opinions rather than supporting the team. After a summer of upheaval, most of which has been from outgoings that Paul Hurst has had little control over, there is a section of the fanbase that seem to revel that we are without a win and struggling, in the misguided belief that it validates their opinions.

At half time, I lost track of the negative comments. There was even a thread that suggested Paul Hurst had fallen out of favour with the owner, players, and staff without offering any evidence. Some posters even agreed with this, despite no evidence! 45 minutes later, and an impressive draw against one of the division’s in-form sides later, and these same posters have been largely silent! Where is the support of the club? Where is the appreciation of a good result? Where is the passion from those fans for our club?!

There are several good debates on this forum, but I get the uncomfortable feeling that some “fans” here would rather see a defeat to validate their opinions and theories, than say well done to the players and manager of this football club that we all presumably support.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:30]

Blog: Disappointing Result, But Can Some of Us Drop the Sense of Entitlement?

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:31 - Sep 18 with 1826 viewsTractorWood

I do agree. Some would rather be right than the club do well. That said, we are bottom and we do need to try and put together a decent 90 minutes, which I can't say I've seen yet.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:40 - Sep 18 with 1795 viewsNuggets

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:31 - Sep 18 by TractorWood

I do agree. Some would rather be right than the club do well. That said, we are bottom and we do need to try and put together a decent 90 minutes, which I can't say I've seen yet.

We are undoubtedly struggling, I’m not denying that, as we are without a win and the away form is worrying. Yet I get the uncomfortable impression that some so-called supporters delight in us losing games and take to this forum to twist the knife, “validating” their opinions when we go behind, but go silent as soon as we score and get a result. Why aren’t those same posters on here acknowledging the draw? They just go silent and log out. Tonight was a good result. Awful first half, but much improved second half after Hurst acknowledges he’s made the mistakes and makes the required changes. They’re meant to be Town fans. Yes, highlight the mistakes (why we didn’t start Edwards and Nolan, I have no idea) but Hurst was proactive, changed the shape with two good, but risky, half time substitutes. Any Ipswich fan would surely enjoy the fact our manager swallowed his pride, made the required changes at half time, and ultimately got a result not many of us were expecting.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:44]

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:44 - Sep 18 with 1767 viewsFrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

Wtf what was that starting lineup.

Forget the second half. Brentford expecting a walkover no wonder they struggled.

People will have orgasms over the second 45, minutes and forget the fact that Hurst set us up quite frankly with the worst lineup known to man.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:45 - Sep 18 with 1764 viewsFrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

Forget the second half. Brentford expecting a walkover no wonder they struggled.

People will have orgsms over the second 45, minutes and forget the fact that Hurst set us up quite frankly with the worst lineup known to man.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:50 - Sep 18 with 1739 viewsNuggets

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:44 - Sep 18 by FrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

People will have orgasms over the second 45, minutes and forget the fact that Hurst set us up quite frankly with the worst lineup known to man.

If people are having “orgasms” over that second half, then some people are having aneurysms over that first half. Hurst dropped the ball first half, but we should have had a penalty and he was tactically aware to make the correct changes second half and ultimately get a good result against one of the in-form teams in this division.

“Worst line up known to man” - sadly I know enough about your reputation to know you probably meant that seriously.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:51]

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 00:01 - Sep 19 with 1687 viewsSpruceMoose

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:50 - Sep 18 by Nuggets

If people are having “orgasms” over that second half, then some people are having aneurysms over that first half. Hurst dropped the ball first half, but we should have had a penalty and he was tactically aware to make the correct changes second half and ultimately get a good result against one of the in-form teams in this division.

“Worst line up known to man” - sadly I know enough about your reputation to know you probably meant that seriously.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:51]

I like you! You should post more!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 00:15 - Sep 19 with 1651 viewssyntaxerror

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:44 - Sep 18 by FrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

You were a vaguely amusing muppet as Micknose, and the Chop whatever it was before that.
Now you are no longer amusing.
There is nothing more irritating than an idiotic know it all.

Please go away.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 0:15]
Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 01:28 - Sep 19 with 1579 viewsBrixtonBlue

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:45 - Sep 18 by FrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

People will have orgsms over the second 45, minutes and forget the fact that Hurst set us up quite frankly with the worst lineup known to man.

Why should we forget the second half? What sort of supporter watches his team play terribly first half, change the formation, then be the better team second half and say "forget the second half"?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 02:15 - Sep 19 with 1555 viewsRyorry

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 23:45 - Sep 18 by FrimleyBlue

Silent?

Ok then

"Forget the second half."

And with those 4 words, you've 100% validated precisely what Nuggetts was saying in both his OP & 2nd post on this thread. Well done.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 2:18]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Some people on here value their own opinions over the support of the club on 02:27 - Sep 19 with 1545 viewsBurwell_Blue

“Impressive draw”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024