Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. 22:08 - Sep 18 with 3829 viewsnoggin

Both give the ball away far too often.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:10 - Sep 18 with 3112 viewsAnewHop

Spence I’d agree. Knudsen, Has steadily improved every year from quite a poor starting point. Worryingly, he’s been one of our better attacking players this season
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 3072 viewsHerbivore

Knudsen played well, can't agree on that one. Spence was terrible though. Chalobah didn't use the ball well either. Weirdest game I've seen in a long time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:31 - Sep 18 with 3023 viewsGarv

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:10 - Sep 18 by AnewHop

Spence I’d agree. Knudsen, Has steadily improved every year from quite a poor starting point. Worryingly, he’s been one of our better attacking players this season

Can't stick JK any longer if I'm honest.

Spence has always been adequate, now looking well below that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:34 - Sep 18 with 3010 viewsCoco

Chalobah was dreadful.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:42 - Sep 18 with 2990 viewsGluedtoBlue

I find it unbelievable the amount of stick Knudsen gets. Baffled.

He's a decent defender who offers more going forward than he's given credit for. Not claiming he's Ashley Cole but the least of our problems at the mo.

Probably the same people who thought he was only picked ahead of Kenlock because he was MMs mate.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:44 - Sep 18 with 2979 viewscobbler

Knudsen much better in the second half.
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:50 - Sep 18 with 2951 viewsHerbivore

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:42 - Sep 18 by GluedtoBlue

I find it unbelievable the amount of stick Knudsen gets. Baffled.

He's a decent defender who offers more going forward than he's given credit for. Not claiming he's Ashley Cole but the least of our problems at the mo.

Probably the same people who thought he was only picked ahead of Kenlock because he was MMs mate.

This. He offered a great option on the overlap second half and won most of his defensive battles too. Some people have just decided he's crap and refuse to shift from that regardless of how he actually plays, it's weird.

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 2932 viewsBinner

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:16 - Sep 18 by Herbivore

Knudsen played well, can't agree on that one. Spence was terrible though. Chalobah didn't use the ball well either. Weirdest game I've seen in a long time.

For me the biggest mystery is Edun's continued exclusion.

edit: I mean omission rather than exclusion.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 22:59]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 23:00 - Sep 18 with 2907 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I like Spence and always thought he got a lot of unfair stick.

Recently though he has been poor and today I was glad he went off. Donacien should be right back from now.

Knudsen made one mistake I can recall today and has been given very unfair stick for some time now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 23:54 - Sep 18 with 2833 viewsKeaneish

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:34 - Sep 18 by Coco

Chalobah was dreadful.

Why does Chalobah come in for criticism but Skuse doesn't? Skuse gave the ball away just as many times as Chalobah only if it wasn't for the quality in Chalobah's crossing, we wouldn't have a point tonight.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 00:04 - Sep 19 with 2801 viewsLankHenners

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 23:54 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

Why does Chalobah come in for criticism but Skuse doesn't? Skuse gave the ball away just as many times as Chalobah only if it wasn't for the quality in Chalobah's crossing, we wouldn't have a point tonight.

No he didn't. When he gave it away it wasn't in dangerous positions or in ones where it looked very simple to not give it away which is what Chalobah did on several occasions.

Besides, you alone tediously criticise Skuse enough that it's not really worth other people doing it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 07:47 - Sep 19 with 2711 viewsHerbivore

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 23:54 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

What game were you watching? Skuse was excellent tonight, he got back and made some crucial interceptions and barely gave away possession. Chalobah did some good things but his passing was off. Currently he isn't in Cole's league but he's young and can improve.

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:37 - Sep 19 with 2644 viewsjimmyvet

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 07:47 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

What game were you watching? Skuse was excellent tonight, he got back and made some crucial interceptions and barely gave away possession. Chalobah did some good things but his passing was off. Currently he isn't in Cole's league but he's young and can improve.

Some positive stuff second half against a very good side Spence sadly honks and is not good enough clearly, Skuse was excellent and chambolah has some bright points Saturday will tell us a lot more and hopefully deliver 3 points.
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:42 - Sep 19 with 2625 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:37 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

Some positive stuff second half against a very good side Spence sadly honks and is not good enough clearly, Skuse was excellent and chambolah has some bright points Saturday will tell us a lot more and hopefully deliver 3 points.

The issue with Knudsen (and Chambers to an extent) is they are not really suited to a game which demands them to be comfortable on the ball and part of short passing rather than a clip into "good areas".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:46 - Sep 19 with 2614 viewsHerbivore

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:42 - Sep 19 by sparks

The issue with Knudsen (and Chambers to an extent) is they are not really suited to a game which demands them to be comfortable on the ball and part of short passing rather than a clip into "good areas".

That's cliched bollox, mate.

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 2615 viewslongtimefan

I think some people have made their minds up with regard to Jonas regardless of the evidence before their eyes. There were at least 2 occasions last night when he played good balls into space down the wing that were met with an immediate chorus of groans, only for Jackson to run into the space and get the ball.
Bullcrap.... on 20:53 - Sep 19 with 2604 viewsBloots

....the only difference with Knudsen and Chambo is that they were "Mick's players" and therefore an easy target for abuse.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:55 - Sep 19 with 2601 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:49 - Sep 19 by longtimefan

I think some people have made their minds up with regard to Jonas regardless of the evidence before their eyes. There were at least 2 occasions last night when he played good balls into space down the wing that were met with an immediate chorus of groans, only for Jackson to run into the space and get the ball.

No one said he never did anything effective.

But your highlighting of balls into areas rather illustrates the point.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:57 - Sep 19 with 2597 viewsSuperblue95

I'm not Knudsens biggest fan but there appears to be much bigger issues around the team at present than the left back slot

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:00 - Sep 19 with 2592 viewsjaykay

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 07:47 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

what game were you watching, skuse did nothing the same as chalobah. just look where skuse was for their goal. brenford went through our midfield like butter in the first half. both him and chalobah were useless. once in the second half brenford played 3 passes along our 18 yard line and our 2 holding midfielders were still trotting back. took a good save from gerks to keep us in it.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:02 - Sep 19 with 2588 viewsHerbivore

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:00 - Sep 19 by jaykay

what game were you watching, skuse did nothing the same as chalobah. just look where skuse was for their goal. brenford went through our midfield like butter in the first half. both him and chalobah were useless. once in the second half brenford played 3 passes along our 18 yard line and our 2 holding midfielders were still trotting back. took a good save from gerks to keep us in it.

Yeah, not sure you were watching the game, mate.

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:05 - Sep 19 with 2579 viewslongtimefan

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 20:55 - Sep 19 by sparks

No one said he never did anything effective.

But your highlighting of balls into areas rather illustrates the point.

My response wasn’t really aimed at you, it was just the last in the thread. But people’s behaviour illustrates that they have an ingrained assumption that it would be a poor ball because it was from Jonas, without even waiting to see the outcome. Also, The reason he had to play those balls was the lack of an available option from our midfield, a fairly common occurence. What he succeeded in doing was keep us in procession in a more dangerous portion of the field.
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 2555 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:05 - Sep 19 by longtimefan

My response wasn’t really aimed at you, it was just the last in the thread. But people’s behaviour illustrates that they have an ingrained assumption that it would be a poor ball because it was from Jonas, without even waiting to see the outcome. Also, The reason he had to play those balls was the lack of an available option from our midfield, a fairly common occurence. What he succeeded in doing was keep us in procession in a more dangerous portion of the field.

Fair enough. I think he is a weak link in a team that wants to build with short passing. We get 3 or 4 balls between midfield and defence and then, 9 times out of ten, JK punts into space. Sometimes its a decent punt, but he really doesnt contribute to building a passing move. Imo

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:32 - Sep 19 with 2540 viewsGluedtoBlue

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:23 - Sep 19 by sparks

Fair enough. I think he is a weak link in a team that wants to build with short passing. We get 3 or 4 balls between midfield and defence and then, 9 times out of ten, JK punts into space. Sometimes its a decent punt, but he really doesnt contribute to building a passing move. Imo

You say punts into space, I say, passes the ball into space where an Ipswich player then receives the ball thus keeping possession and having the opportunity to continue a move.

A longer ball, isn't a bad ball and not every good ball has to go directly to someone's feet.

JK is a decent player for us.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 2527 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:32 - Sep 19 by GluedtoBlue

You say punts into space, I say, passes the ball into space where an Ipswich player then receives the ball thus keeping possession and having the opportunity to continue a move.

A longer ball, isn't a bad ball and not every good ball has to go directly to someone's feet.

JK is a decent player for us.

A ball into a "good area" is not a pass, its a percentage ball. Suits some styles, is appropriate when no options on. Is problematic as a main option, if trying to build a passing / pressing side. A long pas is fine. A long ball into an area, is a percentage tactic- which works if you are setting up like that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024