Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manic Street Preachers. 19:47 - Sep 9 with 2734 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Good albeit short set just now on radio 2. Just reminded me it was 10 years ago i last saw them live at Brixton Academy. Great band.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Manic Street Preachers. on 19:52 - Sep 9 with 2721 viewsDubtractor

Can I be the first predictable dull tosser to mention that they were never as good after Richie went missing?

Cheers.

Seriously though, I do find their recent stuff a bit dull, though the first couple of albums post Richie were decent.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Manic Street Preachers. on 19:57 - Sep 9 with 2703 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Manic Street Preachers. on 19:52 - Sep 9 by Dubtractor

Can I be the first predictable dull tosser to mention that they were never as good after Richie went missing?

Cheers.

Seriously though, I do find their recent stuff a bit dull, though the first couple of albums post Richie were decent.

I like there recent stuff.

I am a dull tosser though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Manic Street Preachers. on 19:58 - Sep 9 with 2701 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Manic Street Preachers. on 19:57 - Sep 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

I like there recent stuff.

I am a dull tosser though.

*their.

Manic Street Preachers. on 21:27 - Sep 9 with 2634 viewsRadlett_blue

Cheers.

Disagree. Some great songs on "Everything Must Go", especially the title track & I think the songs on that album which didn't use Richey Edwards's lyrics were stronger.
I think Nicky Wire was actually a better lyricist than Edwards & the Manics are still superb live.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Manic Street Preachers. on 21:40 - Sep 9 with 2623 viewsMelford

Cheers.

You would be right though, I was 15 and well into them in the Holy Bible period, I had this on a video tape and I literally played it until it broke, thankfully someone who taped has bunged it on youtube

They would be never that furious and angry and disgusted with the world again, that edge would be lost after that and understandably so, lose your best mate and band member who literally just disappears forever.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Manic Street Preachers. on 23:17 - Sep 9 with 2563 viewslloydy84

Know your enemy is my favourite Manics Album. A widely unpopular opinion I know.
Manic Street Preachers. on 09:59 - Sep 10 with 2445 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cheers.

The Manics are by far the best band in the world.

Of course the lyrics would never be as bleak or biting after Richie went MIA. But he contributed nothing to the music.

After Everything Must Go and This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours they did hit a creative lull but have had a superb run of albums since Send Away the Tigers in 2007. Although their latest does lack a certain edge and is slightly more commercial.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Manic Street Preachers. on 10:31 - Sep 10 with 2426 viewsbluewein

Manic Street Preachers. on 23:17 - Sep 9 by lloydy84

Know your enemy is my favourite Manics Album. A widely unpopular opinion I know.

I'm completely with you on this. The Convalescent is a fantastic tune...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

Manic Street Preachers. on 10:40 - Sep 10 with 2414 viewsDebsyAngel

Manic Street Preachers. on 21:40 - Sep 9 by Melford

You would be right though, I was 15 and well into them in the Holy Bible period, I had this on a video tape and I literally played it until it broke, thankfully someone who taped has bunged it on youtube

They would be never that furious and angry and disgusted with the world again, that edge would be lost after that and understandably so, lose your best mate and band member who literally just disappears forever.

I still have that on video! I was absolutely obsessed with them and especially Richie!

I sadly never bothered with the last 2 albums, otherwise I had bought everything up till then.
Manic Street Preachers. on 10:56 - Sep 10 with 2403 viewsGlasgowBlue

Manic Street Preachers. on 10:40 - Sep 10 by DebsyAngel

I still have that on video! I was absolutely obsessed with them and especially Richie!

I sadly never bothered with the last 2 albums, otherwise I had bought everything up till then.

Of the last two, you should really give Futurology a go. It's the Manics take on krautrock.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Manic Street Preachers. on 12:12 - Sep 10 with 2369 viewstabletopjoe

Downhill since Generation Terrorists

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Manic Street Preachers. on 12:17 - Sep 10 with 2365 viewshype313

Manic Street Preachers. on 09:59 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

The Manics are by far the best band in the world.

Of course the lyrics would never be as bleak or biting after Richie went MIA. But he contributed nothing to the music.

After Everything Must Go and This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours they did hit a creative lull but have had a superb run of albums since Send Away the Tigers in 2007. Although their latest does lack a certain edge and is slightly more commercial.

You spelt Sterophonics wrong.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Manic Street Preachers. on 12:22 - Sep 10 with 2353 viewsbluewein

Manic Street Preachers. on 12:17 - Sep 10 by hype313

You spelt Sterophonics wrong.

Somewhere, Badger is having a seizure...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Manic Street Preachers. on 13:38 - Sep 10 with 2304 viewsSouperJim

I'm a fairly rabid Manics fan, not rabid within the spectrum of Manics fans (they've got some really hardcore fans) but fairly rabid compared to your average adult who likes a particular band. I've lost count of how many times I've seen them live and try to go to at least one date on every UK tour. I saw them at Cardiff for the latest tour and they were on fine form.

While I've enjoyed every album to a greater or lesser degree, I think post-This Is My Truth they were noticeably weaker and lost their way a bit. I think Rewind the Film was a high point in recent years (the video to the title track is superb) and the current album has been a belting return to actually hearing them played on the radio and somewhat back into the mainstream consciousness.

In my highly biased opinion, The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go are two of the all-time greatest British rock albums.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024