Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 15:01 - Sep 8 with 10581 viewsMisterBlue

Just had my mail delivered, only to receive a Parking Charge from NTC for "failure to clearly display a valid pay & display ticket".

I have lodged an appeal with them as neither ticket machine was working on the day in question, and I left a note on my dashboard to that effect.

However, I know there were several Town supporters parking there on that day, so am curious to find out if anybody else got a fine?
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 13:45 - Sep 9 with 1150 viewsLord_Lucan

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 13:16 - Sep 9 by tractorboy1978

Spot on, and what if the OP didn't have a mobile phone? If their ticket machines aren't operating then they don't really have a case.

I got one recently opposite the train station, paid for the day which expired at 23.59, my train was late and I ended up leaving the car park at 00.08 and received a £60 fine which I have not paid. I'll happily pay them for an extra hour but they can swivel on it for £60.

Don't you get 10 mins grace these days, is it a council run car park? If it is I'm pretty sure you do.

Some of the comments on this thread are exactly why I give this place a wide birth.

TWTD has eaten itself.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 14:58]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 14:51 - Sep 9 with 1092 viewstractorboy1978

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 13:45 - Sep 9 by Lord_Lucan

Don't you get 10 mins grace these days, is it a council run car park? If it is I'm pretty sure you do.

Some of the comments on this thread are exactly why I give this place a wide birth.

TWTD has eaten itself.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 14:58]

Apparently not, it is run by NCP. They have number plate recognition and I received a nice letter a couple of weeks after with photographic evidence of the time I left. Looks to me like it must be auto-generated if you are even a minute outside of the window. Common sense non existent.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 10:36 - Sep 13 with 905 viewspowinswitch

Not been on the site for a week or so, and then discover this wonderful subject. Now I have a double perspective on this. I was also fined and I know the op personally. Let me deal with the op first, who I know through work and our mutual love of the Town. A more upright member of the public you could not wish to meet. His moral compass knows exactly which direction it should point, and I am guessing his only desire in raising this subject was to try to help anybody else who might have received a hefty fine. I have still not discussed this subject with him 11 days after the game.

I always park at Ropes walk, as the op in one of his helpful moments let me know it was a great place to park whilst retaining an easy journey out of town to the north, after the game. Now on the day of the match I arrived and there were a number of cars already displaying handwritten notes highlighting that they could not purchase a ticket. I went to the machine and tried to pay, and also read something that I took o say that you could pay by phone during working hours. It was Sunday morning, so I didn’t actually try to phone as it was obviously not working hours.

When I got to the stadium I had a quick chat with the op his dad and son about the upcoming game. I don’t remember the car parking being discussed. Then a few days later, I also got a postal fine notification, due to not displaying a valid parking ticket. I sent my appeal, explaining they did not afford me the the opportunity to buy a valid parking ticket and that I acknowledged that I felt that I still owed them £3 for parking there and if they sent me their bank details I would happily send them the money due. They have agreed my appeal, but not provided the bank details.

Knowing the op, the situation at the car park, and having read the thread, thank goodness for the contributions of Lucan, Waveney Blue etc, who lack the judgemental impetus, in this thread at least. The few who were quick to jump to conclusions that I clearly do not share should take a long hard look at themselves. The op alludes to his reticence to contribute, due to the fact that you can easily get slated for doing so. You keyboard warriors are a right sorry bunch.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 890 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 10:36 - Sep 13 by powinswitch

Not been on the site for a week or so, and then discover this wonderful subject. Now I have a double perspective on this. I was also fined and I know the op personally. Let me deal with the op first, who I know through work and our mutual love of the Town. A more upright member of the public you could not wish to meet. His moral compass knows exactly which direction it should point, and I am guessing his only desire in raising this subject was to try to help anybody else who might have received a hefty fine. I have still not discussed this subject with him 11 days after the game.

I always park at Ropes walk, as the op in one of his helpful moments let me know it was a great place to park whilst retaining an easy journey out of town to the north, after the game. Now on the day of the match I arrived and there were a number of cars already displaying handwritten notes highlighting that they could not purchase a ticket. I went to the machine and tried to pay, and also read something that I took o say that you could pay by phone during working hours. It was Sunday morning, so I didn’t actually try to phone as it was obviously not working hours.

When I got to the stadium I had a quick chat with the op his dad and son about the upcoming game. I don’t remember the car parking being discussed. Then a few days later, I also got a postal fine notification, due to not displaying a valid parking ticket. I sent my appeal, explaining they did not afford me the the opportunity to buy a valid parking ticket and that I acknowledged that I felt that I still owed them £3 for parking there and if they sent me their bank details I would happily send them the money due. They have agreed my appeal, but not provided the bank details.

Knowing the op, the situation at the car park, and having read the thread, thank goodness for the contributions of Lucan, Waveney Blue etc, who lack the judgemental impetus, in this thread at least. The few who were quick to jump to conclusions that I clearly do not share should take a long hard look at themselves. The op alludes to his reticence to contribute, due to the fact that you can easily get slated for doing so. You keyboard warriors are a right sorry bunch.

I think it's fair to ask why he didn't pay by phone and you've answered that now. Shame it took three pages to get there!

I agree some have gone in a bit heavy handed here and that this site is pretty bad for that generally. I'm close to giving up myself. It's come to a point where you could post that the sky is blue and get abused for it.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:22]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 15:54 - Sep 13 with 863 viewspowinswitch

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:22 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I think it's fair to ask why he didn't pay by phone and you've answered that now. Shame it took three pages to get there!

I agree some have gone in a bit heavy handed here and that this site is pretty bad for that generally. I'm close to giving up myself. It's come to a point where you could post that the sky is blue and get abused for it.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:22]

This. Some posters would not say what they post if face to face with the other person. Why they feel emboldened to do so is beyond me, but, and yes I am being judgemental, I can only assume they lack someth8ng in their lives, to feel the need to be emporer of this small website.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024