Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 15:01 - Sep 8 with 10580 viewsMisterBlue

Just had my mail delivered, only to receive a Parking Charge from NTC for "failure to clearly display a valid pay & display ticket".

I have lodged an appeal with them as neither ticket machine was working on the day in question, and I left a note on my dashboard to that effect.

However, I know there were several Town supporters parking there on that day, so am curious to find out if anybody else got a fine?
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:21 - Sep 8 with 3998 viewsEly_Blue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:08 - Sep 8 by jeera

"I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it...I've parked there many times before."

Me, me, I and I.

But it's not about you. Some other people who don't know the area have been caught, possibly by mistake, and are asking for advice.

Not about how amazing you think you are.

If you can't help out, then you're on the wrong thread.

The guy has a point, if you went to the supermarket to buy something and went to a self scan machine and you found you had no cash is it ok to shoplift when the signs by the tills tell you that it is possible to pay by card or phone?

If the signs in the car park tell you that there is the option to pay by phone then surely there is zero excuse to leave your car there without payment

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:36 - Sep 8 with 3976 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:21 - Sep 8 by Ely_Blue

The guy has a point, if you went to the supermarket to buy something and went to a self scan machine and you found you had no cash is it ok to shoplift when the signs by the tills tell you that it is possible to pay by card or phone?

If the signs in the car park tell you that there is the option to pay by phone then surely there is zero excuse to leave your car there without payment

Modern Britain young man.

If mummy can't hold my hand it's someone else's fault.

People must take responsibility, specifically when it's standing right in front of them!
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:56 - Sep 8 with 3946 viewshoppy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:08 - Sep 8 by jeera

"I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it...I've parked there many times before."

Me, me, I and I.

But it's not about you. Some other people who don't know the area have been caught, possibly by mistake, and are asking for advice.

Not about how amazing you think you are.

If you can't help out, then you're on the wrong thread.

The signs are clear... you can pay by phone, for the princely sum of £3.20 for 24 hrs...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:00 - Sep 8 with 3939 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:56 - Sep 8 by hoppy

The signs are clear... you can pay by phone, for the princely sum of £3.20 for 24 hrs...

You are one of the decent ones on here.

After seeing on machine out of order and the other not taking cash, our immediate thought wasn't, how can we pay these good people.

I don't get the argument about paying by phone...
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:04 - Sep 8 with 3919 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:56 - Sep 8 by hoppy

Ok boss. We'll go with that then.

Personally I'd give the guy a break.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:26 - Sep 8 with 3908 viewsEly_Blue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:00 - Sep 8 by waveneyblue

After seeing on machine out of order and the other not taking cash, our immediate thought wasn't, how can we pay these good people.

Let me get this straight, you saw both machines were out of order and despite apparent clear signposts telling you that you could pay by phone it wasn’t you immediate thought that you could pay by some other means?

My you deserve any fine that is bestowed upon you

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:27 - Sep 8 with 3896 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:21 - Sep 8 by Ely_Blue

Maybe. But I've never paid for parking by anything other than cash, and things are changing a bit quicker for some than others.

I would struggle with the concept of paying by phone myself as I've never done it. I may be inclined to feel I had tried to pay and had even left a note explaining why I hadn't. Hey, leave me a bill and I'll send it on. Don't try to squeeze me for £60 or more.

The game is about to start, I've found a spot for my car. I'm frustrated and trying to pay and I am not clear on the whole phone thing.

It is not theft and it's not a fair nor proper comparison and you can do better than that.

You own the land and I am your customer. Stop shifting the blame onto me and get your house in order. I.e. your machines in which I am trying to shove my money.

I see no argument here. Just pettiness.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 23:27]

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:30 - Sep 8 with 3900 viewsRyorry

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:00 - Sep 8 by waveneyblue

Particularly when many people don't have internet access on their phone (if that was what was required), I don't for one. In fact some people don't even have a smartphone, shock horror!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:38 - Sep 8 with 3881 viewsPinewoodblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:30 - Sep 8 by Ryorry

Particularly when many people don't have internet access on their phone (if that was what was required), I don't for one. In fact some people don't even have a smartphone, shock horror!

I don't have a smartphone either. I have, in the past, driven out of a car park when no machine working, and there was signage saying pay by phone.

PS I'm apparently getting a smartphone for my birthday!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:39 - Sep 8 with 3869 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:38 - Sep 8 by Pinewoodblue

I don't have a smartphone either. I have, in the past, driven out of a car park when no machine working, and there was signage saying pay by phone.

I wanna see the video of the family showing you how to use it.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 00:04 - Sep 9 with 3864 viewsEly_Blue

Then park elsewhere, simple!

If you went to a shop and all of their tills weren’t working and they wouldn’t take your cash otherwise would you walk out with the goods? No you’d go elsewhere

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 00:05 - Sep 9 with 3859 viewsEly_Blue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:38 - Sep 8 by Pinewoodblue

And this is what should have happened with those moaning about the fine, go park elsewhere

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 00:39 - Sep 9 with 3818 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 00:04 - Sep 9 by Ely_Blue

Then park elsewhere, simple!

If you went to a shop and all of their tills weren’t working and they wouldn’t take your cash otherwise would you walk out with the goods? No you’d go elsewhere

That comparison doesn't work. Not in this instance.

Look, this is easy.

You, Hops, Fishers et al, you're all lovely people.

You're just wrong.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 02:06 - Sep 9 with 3798 viewshoppy

No, there’s a number to ring up to pay by phone, as well as doing it on t’internet. I didn’t even know you could pay by cash there, as it’s actually easier to do it by phone anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 07:17 - Sep 9 with 3756 viewsuefacup81

If it's definitely NTC who have given you the fine, I've had issues with them before and they're a bunch of shysters.

They monitor the car park my Scout section uses, and give out permits for it. One evening my permit blew into the footwell and I received a fine. They dismissed my appeal out of hand, and I told them that I'd be paying nothing without a court order. Just over twelve months later they're still plugging away with the threatening letters.

Exhaust all routes of appeal, then inform them in writing that you wish to challenge the fine in court and eagerly await their summons. It won't come. They'll just send you letters upping the fine at regular intervals. If they do happen to take you to court, you should have grounds for them to only claim the original fine, as opposed to the inflated sum they try to extort you with.

DM me if you want any more advice.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 07:47 - Sep 9 with 3738 viewsartsbossbeard

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:44 - Sep 8 by Lord_Lucan

Quite frankly I'm surprised none of the self righteous TW4TDers didn't attempt a citizens arrest.

Maybe they were on the Park and Ride or driving some car powered by nuts.

If only twtds was around for the great VHS v Betamax debate of the early 80's.

I'm sure the world would be a much different place, if so.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:10 - Sep 9 with 3641 viewsRyorry

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 02:06 - Sep 9 by hoppy

No, there’s a number to ring up to pay by phone, as well as doing it on t’internet. I didn’t even know you could pay by cash there, as it’s actually easier to do it by phone anyway.

Even so Hoppy, I know many older people who simply don't have mobiles at all. And even you young digital dudes have been known to leave your phones at home occasionally, run out of battery, etc!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:13 - Sep 9 with 3633 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:27 - Sep 8 by jeera

Maybe. But I've never paid for parking by anything other than cash, and things are changing a bit quicker for some than others.

I would struggle with the concept of paying by phone myself as I've never done it. I may be inclined to feel I had tried to pay and had even left a note explaining why I hadn't. Hey, leave me a bill and I'll send it on. Don't try to squeeze me for £60 or more.

The game is about to start, I've found a spot for my car. I'm frustrated and trying to pay and I am not clear on the whole phone thing.

It is not theft and it's not a fair nor proper comparison and you can do better than that.

You own the land and I am your customer. Stop shifting the blame onto me and get your house in order. I.e. your machines in which I am trying to shove my money.

I've changed my view after reading this. Well done Jeera. Good wordage.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:43 - Sep 9 with 3607 viewsEly_Blue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 00:39 - Sep 9 by jeera

That comparison doesn't work. Not in this instance.

Look, this is easy.

You, Hops, Fishers et al, you're all lovely people.

You're just wrong.

It’s exactly the same, if you can’t pay for a service or goods then you can’t have it!

The car park companies brought in the pay by phone (either online or by calling and talking to someone) to exactly stop the kind of incident that happened.

No amount of trying to “justify” what happened will make it right. The OP didn’t pay for the parking despite there being multiple ways to do this even if the machine was OOO.

As for the BS about “game about to start etc.......” don’t leave it so late

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 3571 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 11:43 - Sep 9 by Ely_Blue

It’s exactly the same, if you can’t pay for a service or goods then you can’t have it!

The car park companies brought in the pay by phone (either online or by calling and talking to someone) to exactly stop the kind of incident that happened.

No amount of trying to “justify” what happened will make it right. The OP didn’t pay for the parking despite there being multiple ways to do this even if the machine was OOO.

As for the BS about “game about to start etc.......” don’t leave it so late

The high moral ground some of you take on here. Its a bloody car parking company not the local children's hospice. You must live in a perfect world.

Its a hell of a lot of hassle to set up online payment for one of these, for a one off parking charge of 3 quid. I know I've tried before and ended up talking to a call centre in the Sub Continent 20 minutes later.

Avoiding charges is wrong, however not being given a simple facility to do so, changes everything.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:29 - Sep 9 with 3563 viewsBluefish

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:24 - Sep 9 by waveneyblue

The high moral ground some of you take on here. Its a bloody car parking company not the local children's hospice. You must live in a perfect world.

Its a hell of a lot of hassle to set up online payment for one of these, for a one off parking charge of 3 quid. I know I've tried before and ended up talking to a call centre in the Sub Continent 20 minutes later.

Avoiding charges is wrong, however not being given a simple facility to do so, changes everything.

Went to fill up my car the other day but it was self serve only, I left a note on the pump saying I only had cash and the machine couldn't accept it. I hope i dont get prosecuted

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:43 - Sep 9 with 3541 viewsBluebell

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 02:06 - Sep 9 by hoppy

I hate to argue but you have to have a credit or debit card to pay by phone. What if you only had cash?

People telling him to park elsewhere - I believe it was the Norwich game and everywhere was manic. We used our usual car park which generally has about 20 cars in it when we arrive for a game. It had about a hundred in it and we only just managed to find a space.

And we paid by cash.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 3533 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:29 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

Went to fill up my car the other day but it was self serve only, I left a note on the pump saying I only had cash and the machine couldn't accept it. I hope i dont get prosecuted

Yeah, mirror image of the original circumstances.

There's so many flaws in that as an argument I can't even be arsed to start.

Think before you type, then you don't look stupid
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 13:16 - Sep 9 with 3499 viewstractorboy1978

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 23:27 - Sep 8 by jeera

Spot on, and what if the OP didn't have a mobile phone? If their ticket machines aren't operating then they don't really have a case.

I got one recently opposite the train station, paid for the day which expired at 23.59, my train was late and I ended up leaving the car park at 00.08 and received a £60 fine which I have not paid. I'll happily pay them for an extra hour but they can swivel on it for £60.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 13:27 - Sep 9 with 3482 viewsBluefish

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 12:46 - Sep 9 by waveneyblue

Yeah, mirror image of the original circumstances.

There's so many flaws in that as an argument I can't even be arsed to start.

Think before you type, then you don't look stupid

I look beautiful and even better I pay on my phone so I get cheaper parking and no fines.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024