Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer 19:01 - Sep 3 with 3335 viewsPremierBlue

was very poor unfortunately as he made two decisive errors;

first by not clearing the ball and giving it back to scum; second by lunging himself and thereby leaving us vulnerable and opening us up when we actually were in a strong defensive formation as a team. Things like that cost even when facing a poor teams like scum. Hopefully something that coaches can correct or else we will pay again.
Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:25 - Sep 3 with 3259 viewsBlueBadger

But I thought we were all fed up with attacking players being asked to take defensive duties on.....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:55 - Sep 3 with 3203 viewsPremierBlue

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:25 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

But I thought we were all fed up with attacking players being asked to take defensive duties on.....

All players need to have a certain level of common football sense, also with respect to defense. The same is true for attacking. Nolan lacked it in that situation and it cost us.
Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 20:47 - Sep 3 with 3129 viewsjpring89

I think Chalobah was equally to blame not quite sure why Nolan getting all the flack.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 21:02 - Sep 3 with 3102 viewsPremierBlue

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 20:47 - Sep 3 by jpring89

I think Chalobah was equally to blame not quite sure why Nolan getting all the flack.

the major damage was due to the ineptitude of Nolan, then Chalobah could probably have done better inside the penalty area, but he was trying to deal with the effects of what Nolan caused, which I explained in the OP.

I like Nolan as a player, but that was simply not good enough in a derby.
on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 3058 views_

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 3057 viewsPositivelyPortman

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:55 - Sep 3 by PremierBlue

All players need to have a certain level of common football sense, also with respect to defense. The same is true for attacking. Nolan lacked it in that situation and it cost us.

Someone has a bee in her bonnet over Nolan’s performance all over the pitch apparently.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 00:22 - Sep 4 with 2946 viewsPremierBlue

on 21:23 - Sep 3 by _

Chalobah was turning around and responding to the situation to stop the scum player, but was not in a position to kick it far away with an already outstretched leg and the footwork he has.
Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 00:27 - Sep 4 with 2935 viewsPremierBlue

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 21:23 - Sep 3 by PositivelyPortman

Someone has a bee in her bonnet over Nolan’s performance all over the pitch apparently.

Not at all, that is why I said that I like him as a player but that he didn't do well in that particular situation.
Login to get fewer ads

on 12:24 - Sep 4 with 2797 views_

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 00:22 - Sep 4 by PremierBlue

Chalobah was turning around and responding to the situation to stop the scum player, but was not in a position to kick it far away with an already outstretched leg and the footwork he has.

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 13:42 - Sep 4 with 2758 viewsRIPbobby

My memory is that Knudsen gave away a silly free kick on the left and we couldn't get the ball away for a minute or two after that.
Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:09 - Sep 4 with 2677 viewsjpring89

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 00:22 - Sep 4 by PremierBlue

That’s not really a fair assessment of what happened is it.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:35 - Sep 4 with 2650 viewsPremierBlue

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:09 - Sep 4 by jpring89

That’s not really a fair assessment of what happened is it.

It is a very fair assessment:

[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 19:42]
on 19:39 - Sep 4 with 2646 views_

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:35 - Sep 4 by PremierBlue

It is a very fair assessment:

[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 19:42]

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:45 - Sep 4 with 2631 viewsPremierBlue

on 19:39 - Sep 4 by _

What part is inaccurate as you see it?

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 06:57 - Sep 5 with 2520 viewsCurrie10

Not like Chalobah being partly responsible in a ball going into our net.
on 07:47 - Sep 5 with 2488 views_

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:45 - Sep 4 by PremierBlue

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 08:03 - Sep 5 with 2473 viewsuefacup81

Nolan's defensive work for the equalizer on 19:45 - Sep 4 by PremierBlue

I think we're thinking of different parts of the attacking phase.

I had in mind the ball into the area following Nolan's lunge where Chalobah allows the ball to run across him and does nothing about it.

Yes it's a risky area to hoof the ball, but I feel he should have tried.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024