Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand 13:16 - Sep 3 with 23885 viewss6blue

shouting the c and f words continuously whilst surrounded by kids (including what appeared from where I was to be his own as well) and to then give abuse to the lady who asked him if he would mind his language, you are an absolutely pathetic excuse of a man. Some people really do have nothing between their ears
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:12 - Sep 3 with 1806 viewsSuperblue95

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 14:47 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Is FF not where the larger fans are seated?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:12 - Sep 3 with 1805 viewss6blue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:10 - Sep 3 by Superblue95

Wow you've really embarrassed yourself there making up something like that when it clearly didn't happen

Really? Given the inferred sarcasm of the supposed point being made?! Read it in the context it s made
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:16 - Sep 3 with 1802 viewsScottCandage

on 13:40 - Sep 3 by _

If you are arguing against the concept of family sections, I get your point, and somewhat agree with it. But family sections aren't a concept at Portman Road. They are real, and they have rules. If someone doesn't like the rules of that section, then don't sit in that section.
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:17 - Sep 3 with 1794 viewss6blue

Wow you've really embarrassed yourself there making up something like that when it clearly didn't happen

Or are u suggesting my original post didn’t happen?
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:18 - Sep 3 with 1790 viewss6blue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:16 - Sep 3 by ScottCandage

If you are arguing against the concept of family sections, I get your point, and somewhat agree with it. But family sections aren't a concept at Portman Road. They are real, and they have rules. If someone doesn't like the rules of that section, then don't sit in that section.

Well said Scott
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 1784 viewsSuperblue95

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:17 - Sep 3 by s6blue

Or are u suggesting my original post didn’t happen?

I have no reason to doubt your story and would have responded to the opening post if that is what I was referring to. I don't really agree with Libbys view on swearing in the kids section but to suggest that he was mocking autistic kids in what seems like an attempt to point score against someone who disagrees with your views is, in your words, a "bit low"

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 1782 views_

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 1764 viewsLuciBlue

on 14:21 - Sep 3 by _

Did you often swear in front of them?

Poll: If you had to take one option..

Login to get fewer ads

on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 1754 views_

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:27 - Sep 3 by LuciBlue

Did you often swear in front of them?

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:35 - Sep 3 with 1740 viewsSuperfrans

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 13:54 - Sep 3 by NewcyBlue

I told my 5 year old that he was likely to hear some naughty words and they’re unacceptable, however we tolerate some of them at the football.

As we were walking out there were some kids shouting at each other across the police barrier. I decided against telling them to cool their language because I didn’t fancy lamping a drunk teenager in front of Seb and I just distracted Seb instead.

If Seb was getting upset because of some aggressive shouty drunken bloke then I would have definitely said something.

That’s a logical and sensible approach. But there are other parents who are maybe only going because their kids want them to take them. That kid might now not want to go again, or the parent may not want to take them, because of some meathead who is in the wrong area of the ground to use industrial language.

I went to my first match at Portman Road when I was about 9, we lived 40 miles or so from Ipswich, so it was a trek for my dad to take me. After our first couple of matches, my dad stopped taking me again, I later realised because of the behaviour of some lads near him. He didn’t think it was the right place to take a 9yo. I only managed to get along to games again because we discovered a year or so later that a near neighbour was going to matches.

Point being, I might have been lost as a fan at that point. And that kid who went yesterday may now have been lost to the club. Which isn’t good for any of us.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:49 - Sep 3 with 1711 viewss6blue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:35 - Sep 3 by Superfrans

That’s a logical and sensible approach. But there are other parents who are maybe only going because their kids want them to take them. That kid might now not want to go again, or the parent may not want to take them, because of some meathead who is in the wrong area of the ground to use industrial language.

I went to my first match at Portman Road when I was about 9, we lived 40 miles or so from Ipswich, so it was a trek for my dad to take me. After our first couple of matches, my dad stopped taking me again, I later realised because of the behaviour of some lads near him. He didn’t think it was the right place to take a 9yo. I only managed to get along to games again because we discovered a year or so later that a near neighbour was going to matches.

Point being, I might have been lost as a fan at that point. And that kid who went yesterday may now have been lost to the club. Which isn’t good for any of us.

Well said. And I think it appropriate at this point to say that it was in fact my wife who was subjected to the abuse. It was her who interjected about 30 seconds before I was about to but she in fact told me prior just to hold off and see if it continued. And instead of booting off and getting involved in something I would never wish my children to see, we quietly left, spoke to the stewards who were fantastic and moved us upstairs and insisted they would speak to the individual as this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated. So I thank you to everyone who has agreed with me on my point and I m just a bit sad that the tiny minority of fellow blues here disagreed with what we did. So Libero if she s thick for telling me to hold off and then saying something before I did then u r more than welcome to think so but I m not bringing my children up to support the club I love not wanting to go to a game because of idiots like that
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 1694 viewsjeera

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:16 - Sep 3 by ScottCandage

Exactly. It isn't difficult is it.

I agree with Libs on many things and I'm sure it won't break his heart that I don't on this.

If a grown man cannot control himself in a family environment then he needs to relocate. And possibly consider a few things.

But it isn't just the language. When someone is effing and c***ing away like that, there will be aggression too.

No one wants to hear it. And you sure as hell don't want it near your kids et al.

I swear too much, but not in front of kids, women who don't swear, nor people I don't know in general.

Bloke's an embarrassment, clearly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 20:02 - Sep 3 with 1691 views_

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:49 - Sep 3 by s6blue

Well said. And I think it appropriate at this point to say that it was in fact my wife who was subjected to the abuse. It was her who interjected about 30 seconds before I was about to but she in fact told me prior just to hold off and see if it continued. And instead of booting off and getting involved in something I would never wish my children to see, we quietly left, spoke to the stewards who were fantastic and moved us upstairs and insisted they would speak to the individual as this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated. So I thank you to everyone who has agreed with me on my point and I m just a bit sad that the tiny minority of fellow blues here disagreed with what we did. So Libero if she s thick for telling me to hold off and then saying something before I did then u r more than welcome to think so but I m not bringing my children up to support the club I love not wanting to go to a game because of idiots like that

on 20:05 - Sep 3 with 1686 views_

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:01 - Sep 3 by jeera

Exactly. It isn't difficult is it.

I agree with Libs on many things and I'm sure it won't break his heart that I don't on this.

If a grown man cannot control himself in a family environment then he needs to relocate. And possibly consider a few things.

But it isn't just the language. When someone is effing and c***ing away like that, there will be aggression too.

No one wants to hear it. And you sure as hell don't want it near your kids et al.

I swear too much, but not in front of kids, women who don't swear, nor people I don't know in general.

Bloke's an embarrassment, clearly.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:11 - Sep 3 with 1679 viewsjeera

on 20:05 - Sep 3 by _

For the same reasons I wouldn't want a child being over-exposed to any inapproriate adult behaviour.

They're entitled to a childhood. Best that's possible anyway.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:12 - Sep 3 with 1677 viewss6blue

on 20:02 - Sep 3 by _

Parents responsibility for buying tickets in the family section and being subjected to vile language every 2 mins? The issue was never the crowd chants with bad language or sitting in the north stand ie a non family section as such. I just don’t get how you can ask someone to respectfully mind his language given there are children around in the family section. Like I said, I get the one off frustration s at say bad referee decisions etc but every 2 mins is totally unacceptable
on 20:18 - Sep 3 with 1668 views_

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:11 - Sep 3 by jeera

For the same reasons I wouldn't want a child being over-exposed to any inapproriate adult behaviour.

They're entitled to a childhood. Best that's possible anyway.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:19 - Sep 3 with 1666 viewsNewcyBlue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:35 - Sep 3 by Superfrans

I agree wholeheartedly.

If you’re in the family area a bit of decorum is to be expected.

I also think that football is a bit of a release, away from the wife and kids for some blokes and they get a chance to have a sing and shout.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:21 - Sep 3 with 1662 viewsjeera

on 20:18 - Sep 3 by _

But that language, in that environment, will be accompanied by aggression.

That man is not going to be reasonable and is going to be giving off intimidating vibes.

Let him go stand amongst others who can tolerate it, or put him straight, depending on what is necessary first.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 1647 viewsjeera

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:19 - Sep 3 by NewcyBlue

I agree wholeheartedly.

If you’re in the family area a bit of decorum is to be expected.

I also think that football is a bit of a release, away from the wife and kids for some blokes and they get a chance to have a sing and shout.

A mate of mine years ago Newcers, was an accountant. (I know, but he was ok besides that).

Rather passive, even a bit timid tbh, he was otherwise a big Town fan. And surprisingly a NSL season ticket holder!

Blimey. All those years on the markets and I was hearing language that make me turn and look!

He used to say, "Well, where else can I do that in my life and get away with it?"

Stuck in the office all week...being nice.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 1647 viewss6blue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:21 - Sep 3 by jeera

That man is not going to be reasonable and is going to be giving off intimidating vibes.

Let him go stand amongst others who can tolerate it, or put him straight, depending on what is necessary first.

Quite, and to abuse a woman especially one with children who are there because they ve not long discovered football and want nothing more in their young eyes to see their team beat Norwich so they can go to school on Tuesday and tell their pals how they were there the day we finally beat them again(although sadly it didn’t happen) is appalling. Now I ve got to try and encourage them to come to the next game without the fear of seeing one of their parents verbally abused. End of
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:29 - Sep 3 with 1644 viewsNewcyBlue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 19:49 - Sep 3 by s6blue

I moved Seb away from the drunken aggressive teenagers as quickly as I could when we were amongst them coming out of the ground and they were shouting abuse at the Norwich fans across the barrier on Portman Road.

It was pathetic, and I’m sure had I told them to pack it in that their aggression would be aimed at me, and possibly my 5 year old. Away we went and eventually merged into the Norwich fans without a problem.

It’s a shame that you had to move because of something similar.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:34 - Sep 3 with 1633 viewsNewcyBlue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:27 - Sep 3 by jeera

A mate of mine years ago Newcers, was an accountant. (I know, but he was ok besides that).

Rather passive, even a bit timid tbh, he was otherwise a big Town fan. And surprisingly a NSL season ticket holder!

Blimey. All those years on the markets and I was hearing language that make me turn and look!

He used to say, "Well, where else can I do that in my life and get away with it?"

Stuck in the office all week...being nice.

Ha! It does not surprise me one bit mate.

At the end of the day swearing is an aggressive use of language. There’s a family section for a reason, football is a passion and some people are going to let the accidental one slip.

I’d like to think that most people are aware of who is around them though and will take that into account.

You are however always going to get the odd one that doesn’t.

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:43 - Sep 3 with 1618 viewsbrogansnose

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:21 - Sep 3 by jeera

Its that second sentance that is key. Childrens exposure to effing and jeffing is one thing but that threat of violence or intimidating vibes should not be normalised in the family section.
To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:52 - Sep 3 with 1609 viewss6blue

To the bloke in the JJ family block co-op stand on 20:43 - Sep 3 by brogansnose

Its that second sentance that is key. Childrens exposure to effing and jeffing is one thing but that threat of violence or intimidating vibes should not be normalised in the family section.

No and in fairness to the stewards I spoke to, they could not have been more sincere in their disgust at what had happened. They said they would deal with it and I hope they did. I just hope that said person doesn’t subject other women or any parent with children to the same abuse. Maybe in the cold light of day he ll realise what an embarrassment he was to himself and his kids
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024