Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First derby game memories? 19:43 - Sep 1 with 4962 viewspete81

For me was 1993 under the floodlights at portman rd.I would have been 12 then having not played them for a bit before that due to our stay in the old 2nd division.
Remember police horses at the corner of north and the then portman stand.
Remember Stockwell just keeping going to put us 2.1 ahead a goal that summed him up, his cheesy grin in celebrating,100% effort and he loved playing for us, to this day my favourite Town player.
Remember the noise when Dozzell turned and put us 3.1 up and not sure i have heard P.R that loud since (even when you watch on youtube now you can hear the audio go).
Infact home record in the 90's was good against them...if only I could erase the last 9 years from my mind....
Onwards and upwards....time for another 3.1 victory and some more happy memories of Derby day to be made...
COYB
First derby game memories? on 22:51 - Sep 1 with 1078 viewsgainsboroughblue

First derby game memories? on 22:13 - Sep 1 by ITFC_Forever

The first one I went to was the ZDS when Milton’s extra-time screamer beat them.

First away was February 1991, the infamous lock-out which we lost 0-2, but we managed to get in the River End.

That was the first time I saw us beat them.

Edit. I went to the home leg in the milk cup semi but due to what happened in the second leg, I don't count it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 22:52]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

First derby game memories? on 23:24 - Sep 1 with 1049 viewsParamedic

Milk Cup semi 85 home leg. As a Westander at the time remember a few of the lads being a bit miffed that Norwich had been allocated half the West stand terrace. After some shrapnel throwing ( both ways) we got into the stadium just by the dugouts. A row of police and a small fence segregated us from them. Mich D'avray gave us a 1-0 advantage but it didn't go so well at their place.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 23:27]

AllalallalSunderland

First derby game memories? on 23:49 - Sep 1 with 1025 viewsfloridablue

First derby game memories? on 21:05 - Sep 1 by bluebudgie

1968 it was Norwich away, I went with my Dad and what a match it ended 4-3 to Town with Viljoen getting a hat-trick after we were 2-0 down. Happy days !

I'm certain I was at Carrot Rd for this one in 68 and I think I've brought this up before because I've remember this as a night game but someone else said it was a day game, might be wrong! A few hundred Town fans went on a rampage after the game smashing shop windows/cars and was headline news the next day in the local press.
my first home game recollection is of the mid 60s game when Towns staff watered the goalmouth at half-time that caused a fracas and a bucket launch into orbit!
First derby game memories? on 00:02 - Sep 2 with 1010 viewsCoastalblue

Boxing day 1979, remember next to nothing about it. Finished 1-1 but it was fun for a year or two afterward.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First derby game memories? on 07:14 - Sep 2 with 937 viewsPJH

First derby game memories? on 23:49 - Sep 1 by floridablue

I'm certain I was at Carrot Rd for this one in 68 and I think I've brought this up before because I've remember this as a night game but someone else said it was a day game, might be wrong! A few hundred Town fans went on a rampage after the game smashing shop windows/cars and was headline news the next day in the local press.
my first home game recollection is of the mid 60s game when Towns staff watered the goalmouth at half-time that caused a fracas and a bucket launch into orbit!

The game there in 1968 was certainly a Saturday afternoon kickoff.
The bucketgate game in 1965 was on my 14th birthday.
First derby game memories? on 07:45 - Sep 2 with 918 viewsitfctim

Boxing days...too many to mention, and running round the carrot road pitch after we won the Texaco Cup.
First derby game memories? on 10:10 - Sep 2 with 874 viewsBlackboots

Easter Monday 1978. Won 4-0. It was a week after we had beaten Millwall in the FA Cup quarter final. I was 6. I can’t remember much of the game itself but the atmosphere, colour, smells and everything about the occasion got me totally hooked.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024