Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't have time 22:33 - Aug 14 with 2991 viewsWarkylegend

For everyone saying be patient we don't have much time and seem a long way off having a cohesive team. 9 new players but all from lower leagues but we can't afford to wait too long for them to get up to speed if they ever even do. Simply not good enough.
We don't have time on 22:34 - Aug 14 with 2980 viewsjasondozzell

44 games to go...
We don't have time on 22:35 - Aug 14 with 2965 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We've got quite a lot of time.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

We don't have time on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 2930 viewspointofblue

We went 15 games without a win under Keane and still finished lower midtable. We have time but we do need to show we're moving forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We don't have time on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 2928 viewsWarkylegend

We don't have time on 22:35 - Aug 14 by Terry_Nutkins

We've got quite a lot of time.

How long do you keep saying be patient for then?
We don't have time on 22:39 - Aug 14 with 2911 viewsjasondozzell

We don't have time on 22:37 - Aug 14 by Warkylegend

For longer than 3 games anyway!
We don't have time on 22:40 - Aug 14 with 2905 viewsBadgerBajner

Why can't we wait? Shall we start protests, boo the manager and team again? That worked out well over the past 2 years didn't it?

Man up. We are 3 games in to a season of change. Everybody stick with it and things will work out well. It took the likes of Guardiola and Klopp time to get things sorted and players to bed in.
We don't have time on 22:46 - Aug 14 with 2870 viewsWarkylegend

We don't have time on 22:40 - Aug 14 by BadgerBajner

Why can't we wait? Shall we start protests, boo the manager and team again? That worked out well over the past 2 years didn't it?

Man up. We are 3 games in to a season of change. Everybody stick with it and things will work out well. It took the likes of Guardiola and Klopp time to get things sorted and players to bed in.

Guardiola and klopp shopping in lower leagues were they? Our players are not good enough. I am not suggesting booing our players and we never should. I didn't boo Mick either despite recognising we needed to change. I am genuinely concerned that this will be a very tough season. Tonight we lost with a full strength side against a league 2 team.
We don't have time on 23:04 - Aug 14 with 2819 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We don't have time on 22:46 - Aug 14 by Warkylegend

Guardiola and klopp shopping in lower leagues were they? Our players are not good enough. I am not suggesting booing our players and we never should. I didn't boo Mick either despite recognising we needed to change. I am genuinely concerned that this will be a very tough season. Tonight we lost with a full strength side against a league 2 team.

We dont know if the players are good enough yet. We have lost a game on pens and a game in the last minute that we should have won.

We have 44 more games in the league and we are outside the relegation zone. We have time.

We could have knicked a goal against Rotherham and won this penalty shoot out and everyone would be pleased with our progress (with identical performances). We didnt of course but margins are tiny in football. Even with the above examples we would need big improvements to progress. The players need time and they will need the supporters NOT to panic.

Its a poor start but nothing horrendous. A couple of the narrowest defeats you can get. The biggest problem we have is confidence short term. The players need time to gel. It might take 20 games and if we're right down there then then it will be a scrap. Way way to early to panic.

Login to get fewer ads

We don't have time on 23:06 - Aug 14 with 2805 viewsWarkylegend

We don't have time on 23:04 - Aug 14 by Terry_Nutkins

We dont know if the players are good enough yet. We have lost a game on pens and a game in the last minute that we should have won.

We have 44 more games in the league and we are outside the relegation zone. We have time.

We could have knicked a goal against Rotherham and won this penalty shoot out and everyone would be pleased with our progress (with identical performances). We didnt of course but margins are tiny in football. Even with the above examples we would need big improvements to progress. The players need time and they will need the supporters NOT to panic.

Its a poor start but nothing horrendous. A couple of the narrowest defeats you can get. The biggest problem we have is confidence short term. The players need time to gel. It might take 20 games and if we're right down there then then it will be a scrap. Way way to early to panic.

You think we can afford to wait 20 games?
We don't have time on 23:08 - Aug 14 with 2790 viewswarkthisway

Agreed once you get in the bottom 3 you need to put a run together to get out– how with this squad??

bentnkuqi

We don't have time on 23:13 - Aug 14 with 2768 viewsDublinBlue84

We don't have time on 23:08 - Aug 14 by warkthisway

Agreed once you get in the bottom 3 you need to put a run together to get out– how with this squad??

Thing is that I have no problem with change, but almost a dozen players? That is too much change and trying to integrate so many players at once is asking for trouble.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

We don't have time on 23:24 - Aug 14 with 2739 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We don't have time on 23:06 - Aug 14 by Warkylegend

potentially yes. Depends how many points we muster in the meantime and nobody can answer that chap. We're not where we want to be, but we can still pick up points along the way before that point.

What benefit is there to take to panic? This is the time for cool heads and work ethic to get things right.

We don't have time on 23:51 - Aug 14 with 2709 viewsjeera

We don't have time on 23:06 - Aug 14 by Warkylegend

We got time - lots of time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We don't have time on 00:31 - Aug 15 with 2634 viewsZacak

You're right. Apparently bookies are already paying out....
We don't have time on 04:37 - Aug 15 with 2518 viewsBenters2

We don't have time on 22:37 - Aug 14 by Warkylegend

How long have we been in this league now is this our 16th or 17th season?

Id say we have some of the most patient fans on the planet!
We don't have time on 06:44 - Aug 15 with 2413 viewspeterleeblue

A point of order. We actually drew!
Although your concerns are valid. I am not sure the championship these days will allow us the time to rebuild and bed everyone in. I hope I am wrong.
We don't have time on 06:51 - Aug 15 with 2386 viewsBenters2

We don't have time on 06:44 - Aug 15 by peterleeblue

A point of order. We actually drew!
Although your concerns are valid. I am not sure the championship these days will allow us the time to rebuild and bed everyone in. I hope I am wrong.

Did we ? i thought we lost!
We don't have time on 07:30 - Aug 15 with 2307 viewsJohnny_Boy

Are you really comparing the budget constraints of Ipswich to Liverpool & City?! Just to prove your point?

Dear oh dear. As straw clutching goes, that's an almighty grabbing session.
We don't have time on 07:36 - Aug 15 with 2283 viewsBenters2

We don't have time on 07:30 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

Are you really comparing the budget constraints of Ipswich to Liverpool & City?! Just to prove your point?

lolz
We don't have time on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 2207 viewsWarkylegend

We don't have time on 07:30 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

Er I think you will find it was an earlier poster that drew comparison to klopp and guardiola not me. Hence my response.
We don't have time on 08:39 - Aug 15 with 2188 viewsJohnny_Boy

We don't have time on 08:35 - Aug 15 by Warkylegend

Er I think you will find it was an earlier poster that drew comparison to klopp and guardiola not me. Hence my response.

But your response alludes to the same thing. Our budget is lower half of the table. That's where we belong on paper - so we either over achieve each season for the long term, or the short term.
We don't have time on 08:49 - Aug 15 with 2167 viewsWarkylegend

We don't have time on 08:39 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

But your response alludes to the same thing. Our budget is lower half of the table. That's where we belong on paper - so we either over achieve each season for the long term, or the short term.

I agree. My original post is just to those saying be patient and the team need time to gel. Even Hurst in his post match interview doesn't accept that. Reality is we will struggle based on performances so far and we need to pick up points sooner rather than later. So we can't afford to wait too long. We need to get better and quickly. However as said before it is not about booing players either. We need to support the team and Hurst no matter what. Hopefully it will start to improve but needs to be quick.
We don't have time on 09:04 - Aug 15 with 2124 viewsagentp

We don't have time on 08:49 - Aug 15 by Warkylegend

I agree. My original post is just to those saying be patient and the team need time to gel. Even Hurst in his post match interview doesn't accept that. Reality is we will struggle based on performances so far and we need to pick up points sooner rather than later. So we can't afford to wait too long. We need to get better and quickly. However as said before it is not about booing players either. We need to support the team and Hurst no matter what. Hopefully it will start to improve but needs to be quick.

Just be patient.

We can't exactly change much until January can we?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

We don't have time on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 2112 viewsGlebeTractor

We don't have time on 22:34 - Aug 14 by jasondozzell

44 games to go...

45 if you include our 1 game in the FA cup ;)

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

We don't have time on 09:17 - Aug 15 with 2095 viewsJohnny_Boy

We don't have time on 08:49 - Aug 15 by Warkylegend

Yep. Can't disagree with any of that. But, it will be interesting to see if he now throws Dozzer into the mix. Maybe Josh. A successful team in the pitch is rarely chosen immediately. Injuries & lack of form generally force a squad selection - then you accidentally stumble upon a winning formation by luck. Course, man-management plays a key role, but he's slowly learning the squads strengths & weaknesses....something that can't sufficiently be seen in meaningless pre-season games.

Barring last night, the stuff I've seen on the pitch has been worlds apart from the last 6yrs. And, more importantly, it's only going to get better the longer the players get to understand each other.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024