Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... 23:20 - Aug 14 with 2264 viewsITFCBlues

We get a new “Young and hungry” manager with “Young and hungry” signings who’s trying to get us to play some good football as well. Something different, fresh ideas. Just what everyone asked for last season?

We’ve had a slow start and after THREE games, because we’re not running away with the league and in the next round of the cup people are seriously panicking?

Why didn’t we just stick with Mick? A nice safe pair of hands because people don’t have the bottle or patience for change.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:22 - Aug 14 with 2248 viewsJ2BLUE

I genuinely think we've got a lot of fans who are only happy when they have something to whinge about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:29 - Aug 14 with 2211 viewsITFCBlues

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:22 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

I genuinely think we've got a lot of fans who are only happy when they have something to whinge about.

It’s such a quick shift. It’s almost as though people think we should be winning every game

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:33 - Aug 14 with 2188 viewsSteve_D

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:29 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

It’s such a quick shift. It’s almost as though people think we should be winning every game

The thing is our own are younger , hungrier and better than the not so young we bought in and they are nowhere to be seen
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:36 - Aug 14 with 2177 viewsITFCBlues

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:33 - Aug 14 by Steve_D

The thing is our own are younger , hungrier and better than the not so young we bought in and they are nowhere to be seen

Better? On what basis?

Downes started the first game, he didn’t look better to me. In fact, our best player thus far has been Chalobah.

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:58 - Aug 14 with 2134 viewsZedRodgers

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:22 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

I agree.

It’s seems like if they don’t have something to criticise then they’re not getting their money’s worth.

No, not at the moment

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 00:18 - Aug 15 with 2080 viewsSteve_D

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:36 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

Better? On what basis?

Downes started the first game, he didn’t look better to me. In fact, our best player thus far has been Chalobah.

Challah. isnt ours he's on loan and who's to say Dozzell wouldn't be as good without the injury last season , Nydam and Downes are as good as we have Also ages 24 26 in football terms is not young in fact playing 3rd tier football at 26 kind of suggests your not going to be a house hold name so young and hungry really ?
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 00:33 - Aug 15 with 2052 viewsjeera

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 00:18 - Aug 15 by Steve_D

Challah. isnt ours he's on loan and who's to say Dozzell wouldn't be as good without the injury last season , Nydam and Downes are as good as we have Also ages 24 26 in football terms is not young in fact playing 3rd tier football at 26 kind of suggests your not going to be a house hold name so young and hungry really ?

What's this obsession with 'young and hungry'?

We keep seeing it, day in day out. Like it means something. People who think they know what they're talking about by repeating this mantra, 'young and hungry','young and hungry'.

How young do you want? 10? 12?

How hungry should these players be exactly? A bit hungry?

Peckish?

Downright near to starvation?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 00:39 - Aug 15 with 2037 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 04:05 - Aug 15 with 1901 viewsBenters2

Have you been to a game yet this season? How many did you do last season? You must be going to the Norwich game at least?
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:11 - Aug 15 with 1764 viewsbluejacko

I think that after seeing the way we played against West Ham the expectations went up!
The difference between that and the Blackburn game were stark and to be honest a massive disappointment.
Still we are were we are so we can only get behind Hurst and hope he can sort it out.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:15 - Aug 15 with 1753 viewsReuser_is_God

The funny thing is that a fair bit of the bed wetting I’ve seen has come from themose I’d consider sensible supporters.

No bottle, as you rightly point out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:16 - Aug 15 with 1746 viewsm14_blue

Yep. One of the things I was looking forward to this year was that we would finally have a united, positive, fanbase with everyone pulling in the same direction.

2 bad performances and that seems to have disappeared already.

Did all these people really expect instant results and wonderful football right from they off?
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:20 - Aug 15 with 1730 viewstextbackup

Absolutely spot on. We could have stuck with MM, we’d probably have the same set of results.

It completely comes down to our fans having no bottle or bo110cks to back a team properly.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:33 - Aug 15 with 1679 viewsBenters2

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:20 - Aug 15 by textbackup

Absolutely spot on. We could have stuck with MM, we’d probably have the same set of results.

It completely comes down to our fans having no bottle or bo110cks to back a team properly.

sssshhh sit down !!
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:45 - Aug 15 with 1633 viewsartsbossbeard

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:20 - Aug 15 by textbackup

Crivens mate.

Let's be fair here, you didn't back the last manager but we're all supposed to simply jump aboard with the new guy? I'll stay on the fence until convinced otherwise.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:54 - Aug 15 with 1583 viewsm14_blue

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:45 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

Crivens mate.

Let's be fair here, you didn't back the last manager but we're all supposed to simply jump aboard with the new guy? I'll stay on the fence until convinced otherwise.

Why would you not want to back the new guy?

He's the Ipswich manager, we're all Ipswich fans, he shouldn't have to prove anything before he gets our support.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:55 - Aug 15 with 1567 viewsurbanblue

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:45 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

Crivens mate.

That's the thing isn't it? Staying on the fence is one thing and I can respect that. Open outrage and throwing toys out of the pram after 3 games where over 90 mins we drew two and unluckily lost one in the last minute is another!
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:59 - Aug 15 with 1543 viewsartsbossbeard

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:54 - Aug 15 by m14_blue

Why would you not want to back the new guy?

He's the Ipswich manager, we're all Ipswich fans, he shouldn't have to prove anything before he gets our support.

He has my support as did Mick and all before.

I'm questioning whether he's up to the task.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 08:15 - Aug 15 with 1495 viewsm14_blue

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 07:59 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

He has my support as did Mick and all before.

I'm questioning whether he's up to the task.

That seems like a pretty qualified and unhelpful type of support.

Very little surprises me on here but I'm genuinely amazed to see you, who I pretty much always agree with about football, getting your knickers in a twist after 3 games.

We'll be fine.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 08:32 - Aug 15 with 1463 viewsJohnny_Boy

Crivens mate.

Yes, but 6yrs of the previous regime STILL wasn't long enough for some to see through his nonsense.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 1416 viewsagentp

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 23:33 - Aug 14 by Steve_D

Agree, because our u23's are smashing every other U23 team put in front of them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:02 - Aug 15 with 1397 viewsportmanking

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 08:15 - Aug 15 by m14_blue

That seems like a pretty qualified and unhelpful type of support.

Very little surprises me on here but I'm genuinely amazed to see you, who I pretty much always agree with about football, getting your knickers in a twist after 3 games.

We'll be fine.

Why is it so hard to believe that some people are concerned?

We have a manager who's never managed at this level. Three-quarters of a squad full of lower league or Academy prospects. A serious case of rolling the dice.

The Championship is getting stronger by the year and I'd imagine some people share my own concerns that it might simply be our time to drop this season.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 1369 viewsagentp

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:02 - Aug 15 by portmanking

Why is it so hard to believe that some people are concerned?

We have a manager who's never managed at this level. Three-quarters of a squad full of lower league or Academy prospects. A serious case of rolling the dice.

The Championship is getting stronger by the year and I'd imagine some people share my own concerns that it might simply be our time to drop this season.

I think most fans are concerned. Most fans realise a change was needed and that doesn't happen over night.

There is a big difference between being concerned and whinging and criticising players. We can't do much now until January, so the most positive thing we can do is support the team and get behind them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:14 - Aug 15 with 1356 viewsportmanking

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:11 - Aug 15 by agentp

I think most fans are concerned. Most fans realise a change was needed and that doesn't happen over night.

There is a big difference between being concerned and whinging and criticising players. We can't do much now until January, so the most positive thing we can do is support the team and get behind them.

I'm not slating the players. I don't think you'll find I have anywhere since last night.

I'm more fearful that we've gone for a full-scale revolution at a time when our Championship stock is already at its lowest in 15 years.
It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:18 - Aug 15 with 1345 viewsagentp

It’s funny how everyone was clamouring for a change.... on 09:14 - Aug 15 by portmanking

I'm not slating the players. I don't think you'll find I have anywhere since last night.

I'm more fearful that we've gone for a full-scale revolution at a time when our Championship stock is already at its lowest in 15 years.

But most wanted change and its done. Can't do nothing about it now, but support the team.

FWIW I didn't rate Micks appointment but he did OK. I wanted Parker over Hurst (Didn't rate hurst) but he is the man so he gets my support

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024