Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking options 19:54 - Aug 11 with 5099 viewsIpswichlove

If ANYONE thinks we have enough goals in that team they are entirely incorrect.

3 attacking options -

Sears –(Two championship goals last year) we all know he’s probably not good enough
Jackson – 16 goals in league 2 - which isn’t even that much, if it was something like 25 goals then understandable but 16 in LG 2 can surely only correspond to 8 max in champ?
Harrison- hasn’t set the world alight and would say simailr to Jackson - realsictally not gonna get more than 10.

Yes Nolan and Edwards will chip in with hopefully 5 each but the lack of proven goalscocers is frighting.

Losing Mcgoldrick Garner and Waghorn Celina and replacing with 2 league 1 players and 2 league 2 isn’t good enough.

Lack of goals is worrying. We NEED a big loan in. Eg. Tammy Abraham

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

Attacking options on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 4734 viewsJ2BLUE

'Losing Mcgoldrick Garner and Waghorn'

Three players with similar reputations to the players we've signed...no one was creaming their pants thinking any of them were going to turn out as good as they did. Why do some people never learn?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Attacking options on 20:05 - Aug 11 with 4716 viewsIpswichlove

Attacking options on 20:03 - Aug 11 by J2BLUE

Three players with similar reputations to the players we've signed...no one was creaming their pants thinking any of them were going to turn out as good as they did. Why do some people never learn?

They’d all played championship level or higher before joining (SPFl is higher than championship imo)

I love hursts approach of trying to find talent down the league BUT there has to be a balance!!!!
We need some Proven strikers who we can rely on goals with.

Attacking options on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 4705 viewsfloridaboy

Two games and they really are coming out of the woodwork.

Some of the comments are really making me chuckle!
Attacking options on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 4699 viewsITFCBlues

Attacking options on 20:05 - Aug 11 by Ipswichlove

They’d all played championship level or higher before joining (SPFl is higher than championship imo)

I love hursts approach of trying to find talent down the league BUT there has to be a balance!!!!

We don’t have 5-6m to spend on a proven Championship striker, so this is the next best option

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Attacking options on 20:16 - Aug 11 with 4673 viewsgt81

I'll be concerned if Hurst persists in playing Harrison on his own up front, it's been completely ineffective as he hasn't had a sniff.

I really think we need Harrison and Jackson developing a partnership together, their pace should be able to pull apart opposition defences and allow the likes of Nolan and Edwards more space, as they could chip in with goals.
Attacking options on 20:19 - Aug 11 with 4668 viewsSwansea_Blue

More chance of us signing Tammy Wynette!

Selling Waggy was obviously a bad idea, despite it being lauded as ‘great business’ on here. But I suspect we had little choice if he wanted to go. Finding goal scorers for a pittance isn’t easy. But we’ve just got to trust in PH that he can work his magic by improving these players and how they play together. A couple of quslity loans wouldn’t hurt too, but I’d be very surprised if one was Tammy. Way out of our league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Attacking options on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 4622 viewsm14_blue

If ANYONE thinks they can make any meaningful judgements of a hugely changed team after just 2 games.

Then they are entirely incorrect.
Attacking options on 20:36 - Aug 11 with 4607 viewsIpswichlove

Attacking options on 20:30 - Aug 11 by m14_blue

If ANYONE thinks they can make any meaningful judgements of a hugely changed team after just 2 games.

Then they are entirely incorrect.

we’ll see mate.

Login to get fewer ads

Attacking options (n/t) on 20:39 - Aug 11 with 4596 viewsHennikerBlu

Attacking options on 20:19 - Aug 11 by Swansea_Blue

Selling Waggy was obviously a bad idea, despite it being lauded as ‘great business’ on here. But I suspect we had little choice if he wanted to go. Finding goal scorers for a pittance isn’t easy. But we’ve just got to trust in PH that he can work his magic by improving these players and how they play together. A couple of quslity loans wouldn’t hurt too, but I’d be very surprised if one was Tammy. Way out of our league.

Broadly agree, proven goal scorers affected us when Murphy went and them up the rud have struggled to find one which has probably cost them promotion in previous seasons. I also would like to see a quality CB at this level come in, we know PH is trying on that front as well.

PH needs to be mindful of the dressing room (I am sure he is), a lot of unproven players at this level and they will have to take this period of transition and the step up on the chin. We as a support have to stay behind them come what may.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 20:40]
Attacking options on 20:43 - Aug 11 with 4575 viewsm14_blue

Attacking options on 20:36 - Aug 11 by Ipswichlove

we’ll see mate.

Yes we will.

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, I'm saying it's impossible to know after 2 games. Particularly when most of our signings have had one full game, if that. How can you possibly claim to know if Jackson is any good after 23 minutes? We've had a Town fan who watches Accrington tell us he's the real deal, do you think maybe we should give him a chance?

Obviously you've got your fingers crossed that it goes badly so you can say 'I told you so', I hope it goes well.
Attacking options on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 4549 viewsBinner

Disagree with the OP by all means but what you are saying there is simply not true. Those three players have a lot of Championship experience and have proven themselves capable at this level.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Attacking options on 21:15 - Aug 11 with 4494 viewsBluedandy

You're clearly a budgie ... and not a very clever one ... no surprise there ... fly away tweetie pie..
Attacking options on 22:20 - Aug 11 with 4366 viewsSuperfrans

MvGoldrick came to us on the back of scoring consistently for the first time in his career for Coventry, on loan from Forest. He wasn’t an established Chamlionship player,

Garner had scored for Preston in league 1, but not much higher, he scored 6 for them in the Championship before going to Rangers. His 10 for us was his highest at that level.

Waghorn is slightly different. He played in the Prem and Championship. But 12 in the Championship 8 years ago was his biggest return by some way before last season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Attacking options on 22:22 - Aug 11 with 4348 viewsElderGrizzly

SPFL is better than the Championship? Yet Aberdeen just sold their best striker to Salford City this window
Attacking options on 23:01 - Aug 11 with 4285 viewspickles110564

Attacking options on 20:19 - Aug 11 by Swansea_Blue

Finding goal scorers for a pittance isn’t easy?

Waghorn, Garner, to name but two.
Attacking options on 23:05 - Aug 11 with 4271 viewsSarge

I think that’s a little unfair. McGoldrick was banging them in for Coventry, Waghorn scored a hatful for Rangers and Garner hit 20+ for Preston. I think a fair few thought McGoldrick was quite the coup at the time. Harrison and Jackson could well provide the goals but not playing one up front. Have looked totally isolated in both games so far
Attacking options on 23:06 - Aug 11 with 4268 viewspickles110564

How did you get on at home today? 4 goals against - can't wait to cheer my self up by listening to budgie corner.

i hope they don't get to say Farke Off as i think he is doing a great job and long may it continue.
Attacking options on 23:08 - Aug 11 with 4262 viewsvilanovablue

Probably worth pointing out Waghorn wasn't a proven goal scorer and neither was Celina...
Attacking options on 23:12 - Aug 11 with 4243 viewsmrshallisfit

Attacking options on 21:15 - Aug 11 by Bluedandy

You're clearly a budgie ... and not a very clever one ... no surprise there ... fly away tweetie pie..

Sorry but he seems clearly more intelligent than you.
Attacking options on 23:15 - Aug 11 with 4234 viewsmos

With Nolan and Edwards chipping in with 5 each, Harrison with 10 and Jackson at 8 it seems like we will be having a fantastic season. Wouldn’t mind that to be honest.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Attacking options on 00:40 - Aug 12 with 4129 viewsmadmouse1959

Ya talking from the bum.. Forget last season !!! It is only two games in to the season !!! We signed some exciting players and now we need to use them. Today was a disappointing result, granted, but something was learned from that today. We needed to turn all that possession into goals. Once Paul Hurst gets the right players in the right line up then the goals will come. Paul Hurst has to make some decisions on player selection and in time I hope he can find the best blend.

shampoo dave

Attacking options on 01:02 - Aug 12 with 4096 viewsTerra_Farma

calm down duchess.

This is going to take time
Attacking options on 01:22 - Aug 12 with 4063 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

This has been ongoing for some 16 years. How much time do we need ?

I don't know, maybe the author is on to something. Some were underwhelmed by the new kids than came in just recent, I'm not suggesting we're going to be looking at Gerd Muller types for the new season but the new names seem so unrecognized some are unsure who they even were until they arrived through the door.

Marcus Evans HAS money to spend on this club right ? Only he WON'T invest nowhere near enough to make the team competitive and it can be argued some of the new players brought in are so obscure there seems some justification some aren't expecting much or a level of skepticism.
Attacking options on 06:35 - Aug 12 with 3956 viewsgt81

Attacking options on 01:22 - Aug 12 by Minneapolis_ITFC

This has been ongoing for some 16 years. How much time do we need ?

I don't know, maybe the author is on to something. Some were underwhelmed by the new kids than came in just recent, I'm not suggesting we're going to be looking at Gerd Muller types for the new season but the new names seem so unrecognized some are unsure who they even were until they arrived through the door.

Marcus Evans HAS money to spend on this club right ? Only he WON'T invest nowhere near enough to make the team competitive and it can be argued some of the new players brought in are so obscure there seems some justification some aren't expecting much or a level of skepticism.

Interestingly, this is under Hurst's Wikipedia entry (original has links to sources):

"Ipswich Town
On 30 May 2018, Hurst was announced as manager of Ipswich Town. Hurst and his assistant Chris Doig signed three-year contracts. Upon his appointment, Hurst was keen to stress that he could work within Ipswich's £3m transfer budget as outlined in the owner’s five point plan, and the club’s wage bill which is the 6th lowest in the English Championship."

Of course, no everything works exactly to budgets but we are basically operating in the bottom 6 of the Championship, or 50/50 that we will be a relegation side. Realistically, we're not looking at a promotion challenge any time soon.

I don't think any manager is going to have us anywhere near the top 6 on that budget. Mid-table is the most we can realistically hope for, but to achieve that we need to be beating sides like Rotherham.
Attacking options on 13:48 - Apr 28 with 1830 viewsIpswichlove

August 2018, fast forward 3 years and I was spot on.

All them down arrows 🤣

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024