Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players 18:21 - Aug 11 with 4765 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Hurst needs to start selecting them in the match day squad in lieu of people like Roberts & The kid from Fulham, our club identity historically is with Ipswich produced players coming through. I’d be far less critical and negative today if we had seen Dozzell et al get minutes from the bench today. Be scandalous if he’s loaned out to another club whilst we entertain giving minutes to players who are not as good. Long term Dozzell needs to be in the team in lieu of Skuse who whilst dependable is limited.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:26 - Aug 11 with 3706 viewsElderGrizzly

No, he needs to pick players on merit no matter where they come from.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:26 - Aug 11 with 3703 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we should trust the manager who sees them day in, day out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 3690 viewsParisBlue

It's clear that Andre is not up to the levels of fitness that Hurst requires. Hurst's post match comments suggest a loan or individual fitness programme. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, what is put in place to get him there, whether he can achieve those levels and how Andre reacts.

Similarly with Bishop. I've some hope that the change in Sports Science and closer moinotring may be more to Bishop's advantage than under the previous regime. It's certainly now or never for him.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 3665 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:26 - Aug 11 by ElderGrizzly

No, he needs to pick players on merit no matter where they come from.

So you don’t believe Dozzell is not better than the squad he selected today?

The trio of Nydam Downes and Dozzell were excellent against West Ham but are now nowhere to be seen.

I’d argue for a club like us to compete having a couple of homegrown players is essential as they have a connection to the area and the club. Any successful Ipswich side we have had has had homegrown players within its team. You can’t dispute that.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:33 - Aug 11 with 3640 viewsSpruceMoose

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:30 - Aug 11 by Blue_Dwarf

The trio of Nydam Downes and Dozzell were excellent against West Ham but are now nowhere to be seen.

I’d argue for a club like us to compete having a couple of homegrown players is essential as they have a connection to the area and the club. Any successful Ipswich side we have had has had homegrown players within its team. You can’t dispute that.

You do realise Dozzell has been out for an entire year and his fitness levels may not be up there yet?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:34 - Aug 11 with 3640 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:29 - Aug 11 by ParisBlue

It's clear that Andre is not up to the levels of fitness that Hurst requires. Hurst's post match comments suggest a loan or individual fitness programme. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, what is put in place to get him there, whether he can achieve those levels and how Andre reacts.

Similarly with Bishop. I've some hope that the change in Sports Science and closer moinotring may be more to Bishop's advantage than under the previous regime. It's certainly now or never for him.

Our lone striker is way to isolated we require someone who can play an inch perfect through ball. Dozzell is capable of that and it’s unreal he wasn’t even on the bench today.

You can be the fittest team in the league but if you are lacking quality fitness will not put the ball in the back of the net.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:35 - Aug 11 with 3622 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:33 - Aug 11 by SpruceMoose

You do realise Dozzell has been out for an entire year and his fitness levels may not be up there yet?

Not saying he should start but he has the quality to create and should be on the bench in lieu of who was selected on the bench and subsequently came on to try and win the game.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:36 - Aug 11 with 3616 viewsSuperfrans

Hurst is a professional and will do what he thinks he’s best. Why not accept that he knows a bit more about football than you and let him get on with it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 3588 viewsSpruceMoose

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:35 - Aug 11 by Blue_Dwarf

Not saying he should start but he has the quality to create and should be on the bench in lieu of who was selected on the bench and subsequently came on to try and win the game.

Let's wait longer than two games though eh before we decide everything is terrible. You may just get your wish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 with 3554 viewsElderGrizzly

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:30 - Aug 11 by Blue_Dwarf

I agree we need them to be competing long term, but if a loan is required to get them to a level where they can, then we do it.

I don’t think either of those three would get ahead of Skuse, Chalobah or Nolan. No.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 with 3560 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:36 - Aug 11 by Superfrans

Hurst is a professional and will do what he thinks he’s best. Why not accept that he knows a bit more about football than you and let him get on with it.

Of course he knows more about football than me but it’s puzzling why we are giving minutes to young players of other clubs instead of providing game time to our own produced players who are also England age group internationals
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 3538 viewsJ2BLUE

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:33 - Aug 11 by SpruceMoose

Hurst himself said for the players he is loaning out it's just about playing games.

For Dozzell to go on loan you'd have to think that Hurst, Dozzell and Dozzell Sr all think it's a good idea. He'll do much better playing 10-15 games between now and Christmas instead of coming off the bench for the odd half hour.

Truly impaired.

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 3539 viewsfloridaboy

And if Hurst gave in to some of the so called experts and played Dozzell and he pulled up injured again or went down under a heavy challenge those so called experts would be up in arms accusing the manager of playing an unfit youngster.

Forget the West Ham. It was a friendly where neither side were busting a gut!!
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:53 - Aug 11 with 3507 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 by ElderGrizzly

I agree we need them to be competing long term, but if a loan is required to get them to a level where they can, then we do it.

I don’t think either of those three would get ahead of Skuse, Chalobah or Nolan. No.

I’d prefer to in what will obviously and hopefully be a transitional season (not a relegation threatened one the bookies are predicting) integrate our own young players into the team. Always used to be the case and always ties in with successful periods of ITFC history
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:02 - Aug 11 with 3466 viewsjudespiveyg

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 by ElderGrizzly

I think Dozzell though is exactly the sort of player we need in the team right now, in the place of Skuse who I don't think fits this new system of play.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:03 - Aug 11 with 3455 viewsJ2BLUE

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:02 - Aug 11 by judespiveyg

I think Dozzell though is exactly the sort of player we need in the team right now, in the place of Skuse who I don't think fits this new system of play.

Read Hurst's comments about him.

Truly impaired.

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:15 - Aug 11 with 3421 viewsBlueBadger

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 by Blue_Dwarf

Of course he knows more about football than me but it’s puzzling why we are giving minutes to young players of other clubs instead of providing game time to our own produced players who are also England age group internationals

In the case of the one loanees we have it's because a) he appears to be quit good and b) is fit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:59 - Aug 11 with 3357 viewsBlueAllOver

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:36 - Aug 11 by Superfrans

Like MM knew more about football than the numbskulls, oh.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 3301 viewsSuperfrans

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 19:59 - Aug 11 by BlueAllOver

Like MM knew more about football than the numbskulls, oh.

Don’t worry, you’ve got rid of McCarthy now. But yes, McCrthy knew more than you do.

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 20:14 - Aug 11 with 3290 viewsBlueAllOver

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 20:11 - Aug 11 by Superfrans

Don’t worry, you’ve got rid of McCarthy now. But yes, McCrthy knew more than you do.

Ha ha certainly can't accuse me of getting rid of MM.

Point went well over your head.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 20:18 - Aug 11 with 3287 viewsSuperfrans

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 18:42 - Aug 11 by Blue_Dwarf

Chalobah is the u19s Captain isn’t he? And Edun was player of the tournament in the Euros last year, I think. So you could argue that they are both better than Dozz.

But on top of that, neither of them have missed the last 12 months of football and neither of them are recovering from a very serious injury. Don’t forget that, for all we know, Dozzell hasn’t been pushed in training the way that the others have (including Chalobah) to get to Hurst’s required levels of fitness in fear of over-stretching and re-injuring him.

I said only a month or two ago, the biggest risk to Dozz’s recovery is excessive expectation. We should give him time to recover and get back to full fitness.

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 20:28 - Aug 11 with 3264 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d keep Dozza here where we can manage his recovery and slowly build up his fitness while involving him in everything PH is trying to do with the culture, new way of playing, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 22:01 - Aug 11 with 3165 viewsWestcountryblue

Bishop and Dozzell are different class, same with Huws.

Think Nolan is a cracking player, but i honestly think that the players we already have on our books are better. Dozzer can pick passes that no one else can see in this division and Bish has the ability to glide past players and link up play in the final third.

PH would be foolish to send Dozzer out on loan, same with Bish. I remember McGoldrick once saying that he was the player he most trusted to give the ball to and MMC always used to say 'if Bish is fit, he plays'.
Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 22:03 - Aug 11 with 3157 viewsStokieBlue

This place is a bastion of illogical reasoning and false premise this evening.

Going to be a long season at this rate.

Perhaps we should go all Bilbao and only pick players born and bred in Suffolk.

SB
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 22:05 - Aug 11 with 3143 viewsStokieBlue

Andre Dozzell and other Ipswich produced players on 22:01 - Aug 11 by Westcountryblue

Bishop and Dozzell are different class, same with Huws.

Think Nolan is a cracking player, but i honestly think that the players we already have on our books are better. Dozzer can pick passes that no one else can see in this division and Bish has the ability to glide past players and link up play in the final third.

PH would be foolish to send Dozzer out on loan, same with Bish. I remember McGoldrick once saying that he was the player he most trusted to give the ball to and MMC always used to say 'if Bish is fit, he plays'.

"Dozzer can pick passes that no one else can see in this division".

Getting a bit annoyed at this nonsense now. How on earth do you know that? He's played 45 minutes of first team football in his life. You have no idea what he can do at this level, literally none.

I want him to be magnificent, the best midfielder in the league. However at the moment we don't really know whether he is ready, we need to trust Hurst to do what's best and bring him through so your sentence above is actually true.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024