Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move 10:53 - Jul 19 with 8027 viewsmaccyd9

but only if Hurst is given the money.

If that sale enabled us to go and get Nsiala, Tilt, Nolan, Eisa (all examples) + 1 or 2 others then for me it would be good business.

We are a selling club until we get back in to the Prem. If that means wheeling and dealing in the hope one day it comes together then that's fine with me.

As much as I rate it him there is no guarantees Waghorn will reach the standards of this season in what was pretty much a one off in his career.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:35 - Jul 19 with 800 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:18 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

Erm, when did Evans say things would be different? He said our budget would remain the same and reiterated his five point plan. Everyone went mad over it (bar a few of us who have not only seen but actually flown on aeroplanes).

The reaction to that interview from so many on here baffled me

What did they expect Evans to say? It’s his actions that have annoyed me over the last few seasons.
Until they change, I’ll keep my opinion on him as more negative than positive as our owner.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:40 - Jul 19 with 790 viewsPhilTWTD

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:12 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

Bit depressing really the prospect of losing one of our best players to a similar size Championship club that just happens to have more money. Sign of the times.

I doubt it will be Sheffield United that will win the chase, if that's who you're referring to, I would guess it would be someone higher up the Championship food chain who would be willing to push the boat out furthest.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:45 - Jul 19 with 773 viewsHerbivore

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:40 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

I doubt it will be Sheffield United that will win the chase, if that's who you're referring to, I would guess it would be someone higher up the Championship food chain who would be willing to push the boat out furthest.

Even the likes of Derby and Boro only really have money going for them over us. Forest as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:47 - Jul 19 with 769 viewsKieran_Knows

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:40 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Good chance of Beckles coming here, you think?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:49 - Jul 19 with 765 viewsPhilTWTD

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:47 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

Good chance of Beckles coming here, you think?

Don't know, have heard some suggestions it might be well progressed, but not been able to firm that up.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:50 - Jul 19 with 756 viewsPhilTWTD

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:45 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

Even the likes of Derby and Boro only really have money going for them over us. Forest as well.

True and we're the poorer relations at present.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:54 - Jul 19 with 734 viewsHerbivore

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 16:50 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

True and we're the poorer relations at present.

I don't mind being the underdog necessarily but this episode is a bit sobering. We're miles away from even spending £3m on one player whilst similarly sized clubs can hoover up our best players for vast sums. When the bubble bursts, and surely at this level at least it has to at some point, our more measured approach might see us in a good place. We have a top academy and a sensible recruitment and wage policy in place, got to count for something eventually. The mess Villa are in financially is quite heartening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024