Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move 10:53 - Jul 19 with 8026 viewsmaccyd9

but only if Hurst is given the money.

If that sale enabled us to go and get Nsiala, Tilt, Nolan, Eisa (all examples) + 1 or 2 others then for me it would be good business.

We are a selling club until we get back in to the Prem. If that means wheeling and dealing in the hope one day it comes together then that's fine with me.

As much as I rate it him there is no guarantees Waghorn will reach the standards of this season in what was pretty much a one off in his career.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:22 - Jul 19 with 1565 viewsStokieBlue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:21 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Presumably you mean Gwion Edwards, a winger. I assure you I am very sanguine and as I have said a few times I am not really moaning for a couple of weeks yet. I simply dont understand why people think things will be different from the Mick years when it comes to spending money especially when the Owner has told us all it wont be.

He's said Hurst will get money generated to reinvest, so he has said it will be different in that way.

Whether it happens, who knows. History tells us it's unlikely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:23 - Jul 19 with 1562 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:19 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

No , reality, Evans will not release the money for the players people keep shouting about. Webster has been gone 4 weeks, what have we done in the way of getting defenders in ? Jack sh!t. All this talk of Tilt, he isnt coming here. Rangers will snare him. Apart from that, there hasnt been any real progress at all.
3 weeks and thats it, the transfer window shuts l think the way things are going we will be lucky to get 1 more freebie/loanee/2 division player in.

WOW, youre gonna have a heart attack.

Chalobah - Defender

Edwards - £700k permanent signing, funded from Webster cash.

For clubs like us with low funds, nothing ever happens early in the window.

Dont stress, look forward to see what happens.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:24]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:25 - Jul 19 with 1552 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:21 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Presumably you mean Gwion Edwards, a winger. I assure you I am very sanguine and as I have said a few times I am not really moaning for a couple of weeks yet. I simply dont understand why people think things will be different from the Mick years when it comes to spending money especially when the Owner has told us all it wont be.

Yes, sorry, getting my welsh names mixed up.

Yep, hes a winger.

Just stating that some of the incoming cash has been given to the manager to spend.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:27 - Jul 19 with 1547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:10 - Jul 19 by BrixtonBlue

28 is an excellent age for a striker. Possibly entering his prime.

28/29 is not a bad age, but the lack of future sell on value means that players of that age will achieve comparably lower fees at this level.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:28 - Jul 19 with 1553 viewsReuser_is_God

But what if we sell him then fail to sign those players we desperately need?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:29]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:29 - Jul 19 with 1547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:28 - Jul 19 by Reuser_is_God

But what if we sell him then fail to sign those players we desperately need?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:29]

Oh christ.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:30 - Jul 19 with 1545 viewschicoazul

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:22 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

He's said Hurst will get money generated to reinvest, so he has said it will be different in that way.

Whether it happens, who knows. History tells us it's unlikely.

SB

Did he? Where did he say this?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:30 - Jul 19 with 1541 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:16 - Jul 19 by portmanking

Again - the Waghorn money would simply line Evans' pocket, not enhance the calibre of player we could bring in!

Oh yeah, Evans really makes a mint owning Ipswich.

'Line Evans' pocket' lol

Login to get fewer ads

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:31 - Jul 19 with 1546 viewsReuser_is_God

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:29 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh christ.

Does the scenario I’ve suggested not worry you then?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:31]

Evans out

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:31 - Jul 19 with 1541 viewschicoazul

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:25 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, sorry, getting my welsh names mixed up.

Yep, hes a winger.

Just stating that some of the incoming cash has been given to the manager to spend.

We don't *know* that. That money may already have been there. It's a little bit more than Mick spent last summer on Garner and Waghorn for instance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:33 - Jul 19 with 1533 viewsTractorWood

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:10 - Jul 19 by BrixtonBlue

28 is an excellent age for a striker. Possibly entering his prime.

Murphy only started performing at 28. There's time left in the window and Bart signing is great news. We need to dig our heels in and do some transfers in.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:34 - Jul 19 with 1528 viewsReuser_is_God

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:15 - Jul 19 by maccyd9

We need to sign half a team regardless of whether Waghorn goes. The Waghorn money would for me just add to the quality of what we could bring in.

People seem to forget that Garner was very much ahead of Waghorn for much of the first half of the season and Waghorn has just posted a career best of goals and assists.

I was one that felt we should have sold Didz to Leicester for £7m and hindsight proves we should have.

For the record, I accept I'm basing a lot of my opinion on Hurst knowing the lower leages and being able to find a gem.....but isn't that his alleged strength as a manager?

I don’t think hindsight does suggest we should’ve sold McGoldrick.

It was our excellent run of form that he was an integral part of that got us a play off soot that season. We were dire when he got injured.

Evans out

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:34 - Jul 19 with 1527 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:31 - Jul 19 by Reuser_is_God

Does the scenario I’ve suggested not worry you then?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:31]

No, not at all.

I'll worry about it if it happens.

No need to stress about it now.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:35 - Jul 19 with 1522 viewsportmanking

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:31 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

We don't *know* that. That money may already have been there. It's a little bit more than Mick spent last summer on Garner and Waghorn for instance.

Quite.

But shhhh don't tell that to Marshalls_Mullet, he thinks he knows the club's transfer policy better than everyone else!
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:36 - Jul 19 with 1521 viewsReuser_is_God

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:34 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, not at all.

I'll worry about it if it happens.

No need to stress about it now.

Fair enough.

I’d much rather see players coming in before we sell him to be honest.

Evans out

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:39 - Jul 19 with 1513 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:36 - Jul 19 by Reuser_is_God

Fair enough.

I’d much rather see players coming in before we sell him to be honest.

A replacement should be lined up before we sell him, like a chain when buying a house.

But I doubt we will get a replacement in first. Very rarely happens.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:41 - Jul 19 with 1498 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:31 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Its a lot more than he spent on either of them. ;-)

Stop stressing, there's no point.

Evans isnt a bad owner at all.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:42 - Jul 19 with 1495 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:35 - Jul 19 by portmanking

Quite.

But shhhh don't tell that to Marshalls_Mullet, he thinks he knows the club's transfer policy better than everyone else!

Ha ha, I dont recall saying that, but if thats what you want to think then go ahead.

I just dont waste my time stressing about transfer speculation.

Feel free to take a leaf out of my book, you'll feel better for it.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 1494 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:30 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

SB has interpreted it entirely correctly. ;-)

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:57 - Jul 19 with 1468 viewschicoazul

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:41 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a lot more than he spent on either of them. ;-)

Stop stressing, there's no point.

Evans isnt a bad owner at all.

Ah, you're one of those guys who seeks to shut down normal conversations or debate by accusing people of "stressing" and "panicking" if their view differs from yours, I see. We can safely disregard what you say in that case.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:58 - Jul 19 with 1464 viewschicoazul

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:42 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ha ha, I dont recall saying that, but if thats what you want to think then go ahead.

I just dont waste my time stressing about transfer speculation.

Feel free to take a leaf out of my book, you'll feel better for it.

But you'll happily waste your time correcting people about it, yes?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 12:01 - Jul 19 with 1453 viewsStokieBlue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:30 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Hurst to get the profits to spend by StokieBlue 28 Jun 2018 12:51
Allegedly, according to the EADT:

The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that new Blues boss Paul Hurst has been assured by owner Marcus Evans that the funds raised will go straight into his transfer kitty as he looks to mould his own squad this summer.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/webster-set-to-join-bristol-city-for-3-5m-1-5580600

SB

"The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that new Blues boss Paul Hurst has been assured by owner Marcus Evans that the funds raised will go straight into his transfer kitty as he looks to mould his own squad this summer. "

Allegedly of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 12:02 - Jul 19 with 1451 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:58 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

But you'll happily waste your time correcting people about it, yes?

Just trying to offer my wisdom to those who are stressed.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 12:03 - Jul 19 with 1446 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:57 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Ah, you're one of those guys who seeks to shut down normal conversations or debate by accusing people of "stressing" and "panicking" if their view differs from yours, I see. We can safely disregard what you say in that case.

No, not at all.

Just lots of stressed and panicking people on here today. Makes me sad.

Wait until all the facts are in, window closed etc..... then STRESS, if you like.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 12:03 - Jul 19 with 1447 viewshowdonblue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:01 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Totally agree.

Would be nice if we could get a bit more, but I don't feel that Waghorn is a £10m player.

If Brit assamblonga of Boro is a £15 million player waghorn is worth £20 million
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024