Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles 17:25 - Jul 9 with 9882 viewsMaySixth

democracy
i am interested in your opinion

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:55 - Jul 9 with 3339 viewsbluejacko

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:46 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Did to vote to cease trading with the EU too? Because that's what we need to work out now and without a credible plan for that we risk losing half our export market and crippling ourselves on vital imports.

Oh dear and the world is going to stop turning as well!
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:12 - Jul 9 with 3309 viewslowhouseblue

given that both parties and the country are split down the middle, did you expect brexit to be played out without some sort of show down? there was never going o be a strategy that satisfied all of the tory party - we are now finding out who comes out on top. if you want a soft brexit you better hope may's gamble comes off.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:13 - Jul 9 with 3315 viewsBangor31

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:10 - Jul 9 by vapour_trail

It would appear from the leave massive on here that it’s either the remoaners fault, or it’s jeremy corbyns fault.

It is no way the fault of anyone who sold the brexit lie to the masses.

the issue you have with a tory lead brexit, from a person who is not for leaving the EU is several things:

the vested interest in the high ranks of tory supports are desperate for us to stay in the EU, the eu is the perfect place for lazy economics
these vested interest parties can then sway her far easier as she doesn't really want to do this anyway
we have seen this though Dave Davis not being able to do his roll as the EU love Tim Barrow has been the lead negotiator

to say that through MP's incompetence that leaving the EU was a silly vote is plain stupid the up side of free market economics is evident
the idea that one is able to make their own rules is not the most outrageous of things is it?

I guarantee that in excess of 50% of remainers, if offered the deal to join the EU, as it is now wouldn't dare. increase the cost of clothing and footwear, increase cost of food, increase pension bill, and have to pay around 10 billion a year for all of that.
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:14 - Jul 9 with 3313 viewsimsureazzure

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:52 - Jul 9 by yorkshire

I voted Tory and also voted remain

I have always been a 'conservative' and although I don't agree with all their policies (they were much better in partnership with the Liberals) I do think they have a better grasp on running the country

As for Brexit - it was a gamble by Cameron that went horribly wrong - he gambled on getting rid of the UKIPers and sadly that back fired

He was let down by Boris and by Corbyn - Boris because he expected the remain to win but thought it would increase his chance to replace Cameron when he left - and Corbyn because he is a principled man and actually wanted to be on the Brexit side

I think it was sad that the xenophobia from the leave campaign was pushed to the forefront - I don't think everyone who voted leave did so for the wrong reasons but I think a lot of people were not given the true facts

Sadly this whole nationalism wave seems to be catching on - Trump is profiting from it in the US, you have Germany voting in Nazi's and Italy voting in Facists - I just hope that our kids can sort out this mess and we look back at this time as a lesson well learned

Labour promised a referendum and never delivered, John Major the same, Cameron had the arrogance to call one and has divided the country, those who play party politics with this shambles really are as thick as dogsh1t.
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:16 - Jul 9 with 3299 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A shambles was the expected outcome........the Emperor has no clothes !
It should be clear to all that the EU exists to serve the interests of global corporatism and cares not a jot for democratic will (add uk to Greece) Bigger cages, longer chains.(Junker couldn't help but snigger today!)
Furthermore the Tory right are revealed as the zero protection for the plebs, de regulation ,corporatists that they are and the left exposed as offering lip service (statist) non alternatives.
All roads lead to 'you are owned by the man !' If you hand over your power to fools do not be surprised that they act foolishly !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:17 - Jul 9 with 3300 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:52 - Jul 9 by yorkshire

I have always been a 'conservative' and although I don't agree with all their policies (they were much better in partnership with the Liberals) I do think they have a better grasp on running the country

As for Brexit - it was a gamble by Cameron that went horribly wrong - he gambled on getting rid of the UKIPers and sadly that back fired

He was let down by Boris and by Corbyn - Boris because he expected the remain to win but thought it would increase his chance to replace Cameron when he left - and Corbyn because he is a principled man and actually wanted to be on the Brexit side

I think it was sad that the xenophobia from the leave campaign was pushed to the forefront - I don't think everyone who voted leave did so for the wrong reasons but I think a lot of people were not given the true facts

Sadly this whole nationalism wave seems to be catching on - Trump is profiting from it in the US, you have Germany voting in Nazi's and Italy voting in Facists - I just hope that our kids can sort out this mess and we look back at this time as a lesson well learned

In forty five years as a registered voter I have never voted Conservative but that does not stop me from appreciating some of their MPs, policies and the views of confirmed Tories. It is refreshing to get a balanced post like yours amongst the drivel and high jinks (I'll hold my hand up to the latter only) on days like these.

The dynamic of a multi party system such as we have relies on a frank exchange of ideas and it's apparent insecurity is an illusion, when push comes to shove we are stronger than single party states. And I know from my own family history that even high Tories can appeal to a voter to set aside their party allegiances and avail themselves of the local Labour MP. It was a shame when Ken Weetch got voted out, he was a good man, Sir Michael Havers said so.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:21 - Jul 9 with 3291 viewsHerbivore

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:54 - Jul 9 by homer_123

Nice overreaction.

Trade will continue with the EU either way.

On what terms though and what will the impact be of those terms? That's the point. If you think that we leave and things just carry on as before you're mistaken.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:30 - Jul 9 with 3264 viewshomer_123

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:21 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

On what terms though and what will the impact be of those terms? That's the point. If you think that we leave and things just carry on as before you're mistaken.

Your post implied that trade with the EU will cease, which it won't.

That's what my reply addressed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:30 - Jul 9 with 3259 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:46 - Jul 9 by pickles110564

We voted to leave the EU, this mess is because the political elite have messed it and want to stay on the gravy train.

No, it's a mess because people were repeatedly told you 'no mate, it'll be great, honest' are liars and incompetents without the slightest idea of what they were going to do next.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:44 - Jul 9 with 3221 viewsScuzzer

In that case do it under the General section please not under Football.

Established 1968

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 3215 viewspointofblue

Conservatives and Remain - because I feared a Corbyn government and this mess that Brexit had become and, if we're honest, it would be this way whether the Conservatives or Labour held the balance of power in the Commons.

This naturally all starts with David Cameron's decision to include the referendum in his party's 2015 manifesto. I don't think he expected to win an outright majority in that election - he thought it'd be another hung Parliament where he could use the Liberal Democrats as an excuse for ditching the idea during a new round of negotiations to form a Government.

When he realised he was backed into a corner he had to hold the referendum and did fight to keep us in the European Union. I maintain that the Remain approach was too negative and focused too much on the "what if's" rather than the positive sides of the EU. By not having any evidence to assist or hinder the Leave campaign could promise what they thought they could achieve without considering the consequences.

Theresa May had a very narrow majority when she became Prime Minister and, probably correctly, considered it too small to be able to handle Brexit adequately without having to listen to the extremists on both sides of her party, whether they be Remainers or Brexiteers. Seeing the advantage in the polls she took a gamble and called a snap election but she didn't consider how strong Jeremy Corbyn would be as a campaigner - the percentages narrowed and the hung Parliament that I think many Conseratives expected and, dare I say it, a few wanted in 2015 finally came finally came into fruition.

And that's why we are where we are. We have a Conservative leadership who wants to Remain but has a Brexit base to work with and a Labour leadership which seemingly wants to leave but has a Remain base. Both parties are at the mercy of the backbenchers yet have to try and put together coherent policy and opposition.

My opinion is it's time for party loyalties to be put to one side, all party whips to be withdrawn when it comes to Brexit and people vote for the deal based on their own views. Trying to fight on party lines will not work and just send the UK into a even greater mess than it is already trying to extract itself from the Union.

As an aside, I do think the People's Vote with three options (Leave with Deal, Leave with No Deal and Remain) should take place once a deal has been agreed with the EU but, at the same time, this cannot be revealed publically until a deal is in place - otherwise the EU will give us the worst possible one so we stay.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 3208 viewsNo9

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:14 - Jul 9 by Pinewoodblue

Ironically the EU are likely to say not enough and reject May's proposals.

With both main parties supposedly insisting in acting on the result of the referendum we are heading for a hard Brexit.

For once I agree with the brexiteers, the proposals made, as we are so far informed, are unworkable.
The plan always was a hard brexit
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:55 - Jul 9 with 3206 viewsHerbivore

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:30 - Jul 9 by homer_123

Your post implied that trade with the EU will cease, which it won't.

That's what my reply addressed.

I asked if he'd voted to cease trading with the EU given he wanted to sever all ties with it. Continuing to trade with the EU bloc on anything like our current scale necessitates ties.

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:00 - Jul 9 with 3199 viewsHerbivore

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:46 - Jul 9 by pickles110564

We voted to leave the EU, this mess is because the political elite have messed it and want to stay on the gravy train.

Do you ever post anything that's not a meaningless sound bite?

on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 3197 views_

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 3188 viewsNo9

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 19:48 - Jul 9 by pointofblue

Conservatives and Remain - because I feared a Corbyn government and this mess that Brexit had become and, if we're honest, it would be this way whether the Conservatives or Labour held the balance of power in the Commons.

This naturally all starts with David Cameron's decision to include the referendum in his party's 2015 manifesto. I don't think he expected to win an outright majority in that election - he thought it'd be another hung Parliament where he could use the Liberal Democrats as an excuse for ditching the idea during a new round of negotiations to form a Government.

When he realised he was backed into a corner he had to hold the referendum and did fight to keep us in the European Union. I maintain that the Remain approach was too negative and focused too much on the "what if's" rather than the positive sides of the EU. By not having any evidence to assist or hinder the Leave campaign could promise what they thought they could achieve without considering the consequences.

Theresa May had a very narrow majority when she became Prime Minister and, probably correctly, considered it too small to be able to handle Brexit adequately without having to listen to the extremists on both sides of her party, whether they be Remainers or Brexiteers. Seeing the advantage in the polls she took a gamble and called a snap election but she didn't consider how strong Jeremy Corbyn would be as a campaigner - the percentages narrowed and the hung Parliament that I think many Conseratives expected and, dare I say it, a few wanted in 2015 finally came finally came into fruition.

And that's why we are where we are. We have a Conservative leadership who wants to Remain but has a Brexit base to work with and a Labour leadership which seemingly wants to leave but has a Remain base. Both parties are at the mercy of the backbenchers yet have to try and put together coherent policy and opposition.

My opinion is it's time for party loyalties to be put to one side, all party whips to be withdrawn when it comes to Brexit and people vote for the deal based on their own views. Trying to fight on party lines will not work and just send the UK into a even greater mess than it is already trying to extract itself from the Union.

As an aside, I do think the People's Vote with three options (Leave with Deal, Leave with No Deal and Remain) should take place once a deal has been agreed with the EU but, at the same time, this cannot be revealed publically until a deal is in place - otherwise the EU will give us the worst possible one so we stay.

You are assuming Mr Cameron is an honest man. History will show you that is wrong.
Look at what he did once he became leader of the tory party and how he managed and ran the party until he resigned.
I don't see how anyone, given his actions and what those dearest to him said, could ever beleive he called the referendum to stay in the EU. All his actions leading up to the Referendum suggest he knew axactly what he was doing which is why it's so very difficult for anyone now to stop brexit.
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:06 - Jul 9 with 3189 viewspointofblue

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:03 - Jul 9 by No9

You are assuming Mr Cameron is an honest man. History will show you that is wrong.
Look at what he did once he became leader of the tory party and how he managed and ran the party until he resigned.
I don't see how anyone, given his actions and what those dearest to him said, could ever beleive he called the referendum to stay in the EU. All his actions leading up to the Referendum suggest he knew axactly what he was doing which is why it's so very difficult for anyone now to stop brexit.

Oh I never said he was an honest man, hence my suggestion he was playing fast and loose with his party’s manifesto in 2015!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 3166 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 17:59 - Jul 9 by factual_blue

Those who voted for either or both of those wouldn't be capable of explaining how to sit the right way round on a toilet, let alone anything else.

Apparently statistically the people that have now died since the referendum would have been leavers and would have been enough to swing the vote as again statistically the now old enough to vote would have voted remain.
Very Bizarre!
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 3168 viewsGuthrum

I voted Conservative in the last GE for local reasons. Have previously voted for all three major parties at different times.

Voted remain in the Referendum, as for me the economic and social factors outweigh the sovreignty issues.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 20:25]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:27 - Jul 9 with 3163 viewspeterleeblue

Ahem..................Student Fees.
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:32 - Jul 9 with 3153 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 18:33 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

48% of MPs should be very vocal about remaining actually, the other 52% need to work out what they think leaving the EU ought to look like in reality.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 19:19]

This.

And when about 26% say Hard Brexit and about 26% say soft Brexit, the 48% should finally win and what is actually best for the country should finally be done. If only the politicians were more interested in the good of the country than their own political gain.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:49 - Jul 9 with 3128 viewshomer_123

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:27 - Jul 9 by peterleeblue

Ahem..................Student Fees.

The NHS.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:59 - Jul 9 with 3113 viewsHerbivore

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:49 - Jul 9 by homer_123

The NHS.

Public services generally really.

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 21:00 - Jul 9 with 3108 viewsNo9

Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 20:49 - Jul 9 by homer_123

The NHS.

Police, LA funding, military et al
Anyone who voted Tory or for Brexit, please explain this shambles on 21:07 - Jul 9 with 3106 viewsjas0999

Didn’t vote Brexit, because this was always going to be a shambles.

Voted Tory, not because I like them or May (she should go), but because all hell would have to freeze over before I’d vote for that ‘bleep’ Corbyn. Never. Would. I. Vote. For. Him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024