Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate penalty preparation mind games 14:13 - Jul 4 with 5360 viewsLord_Lucan

Apart from the final winner none of our penalty takers celebrate their goals, apparently this is all part of the penalty tactics master plan and instructions from the brain shrinks. I also heard something about the keeper or A N Other handing our designated taker the ball in the same way prior to every kick. This is all part of the same same approach for every kick, noticeable that Henderson deviated and was playing keepy up before he took it.

I'm very impressed that England have taken on board an approach to penalties that I guess teams like Germany have done for years.

I cannot begin to describe how impressed I am with Gareth Southgate.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 14:19]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 23:35 - Jul 4 with 618 viewsHennikerBlu

I have been a fan from the start, this must be seen in the context of St Georges Park and the youth teams, it's about developing a philosophy and system and insuring that the players that are brought in understand that completely. Ideally they grow together so it becomes very much second nature and not a complete surprise when they come together for Internationals and look a bit clueless, it wont always work as we have seen from time to time with Germany and Spain; however we know with those two nations they will always be competing there or thereabouts.

At the highest level, it means sticking to the team and culture you have created, not giving in to media pressure to pick players and being prepared to drop big names and therefore not disrupting the mental strength, which has been highlighted by previous England players talking about the splits in the camp.

Well done Gareth, he would be the first to congratulate his staff, including Steve Holland and Pippa Grange to name but two which have helped get things right.
Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 07:37 - Jul 5 with 548 viewswkj

Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 17:52 - Jul 4 by connorscontract

It should have been Oxlade-Chamberlain. His link up play with Salah this year was exceptional.

I thought it was Sterling who was linking up with Salah

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 08:01 - Jul 5 with 535 viewswrightsrightglove

Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 17:12 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

This WC was supposed to be about a young team gaining experience fir 2022. The way the group has fallen has slightly changed that. But regardless, I think we have 4 years to find a Gazza type figure who can win a game from midfield with a little bit if magic. That’s the one type of player we lack.

A certain young lad called Andre will be a perfect age in 2022...……..
Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 08:08 - Jul 5 with 533 viewsGeoffSentence

Southgate penalty preparation mind games on 17:12 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

This WC was supposed to be about a young team gaining experience fir 2022. The way the group has fallen has slightly changed that. But regardless, I think we have 4 years to find a Gazza type figure who can win a game from midfield with a little bit if magic. That’s the one type of player we lack.

In 2022 it will probably be Ben Knight.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024