Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Sherwood 11:17 - May 9 with 13301 viewsitfcitk

He really impressed ME over the weekend but wants to bring in all his own staff and completely overhaul the club. His aim would be to create something similar to tottenham.

ME, is a little nervous about such a big project so Sherwood will not be offered the job.

I have it on good authority a steady pair oh hands aka Mark Warburton will be announced shortly.
Tim Sherwood on 14:46 - May 9 with 3005 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 13:21 - May 9 by tractordownsouth

Sprucey what do you reckon to this?

Certainly worth an patented SpruceMoose Upvote, that's for sure!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tim Sherwood on 15:09 - May 9 with 2971 viewsitfcjoe

Tim Sherwood on 14:16 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

That's not a million miles away from what I'd heard re Sherwood's thinking subsequent to Monday's story, but not heard anything re Warburton, which isn't to say you might not be right.

It always concerns me if a manager can persuade a chairman to change tact from a plan that they have in place - unless the manager is very, very good then chances are it will end in tears

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tim Sherwood on 15:15 - May 9 with 2951 viewsitfcitk

Tim Sherwood on 12:55 - May 9 by JackSted

Imagine creating an account and calling yourself "ITFCITK (in the know)".

Aye m8 everyone's gonna believe you with that name

"m8" how old are you 12?
Tim Sherwood on 15:32 - May 9 with 2922 viewsBehindBlueEyes

"A safe pair of hands" doesn't exactly fit with the trying something different comment

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Tim Sherwood on 16:09 - May 9 with 2880 viewsPhilTWTD

Tim Sherwood on 15:09 - May 9 by itfcjoe

It always concerns me if a manager can persuade a chairman to change tact from a plan that they have in place - unless the manager is very, very good then chances are it will end in tears

Yes, I think the OP is correct that ME would shy away from someone proposing a major change in thinking however impressed he was with him.

The way it was put to me suggested TS saw the manager's role as the one running everything from there downwards, including the academy I assume, which has deliberately not been the way things have been run at Town.

There has been a conscious effort to maintain continuity at the academy regardless of managers coming in with the academy manager working to ME or the MD/chief exec rather than the manager.
Tim Sherwood on 16:14 - May 9 with 2849 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 16:09 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

Yes, I think the OP is correct that ME would shy away from someone proposing a major change in thinking however impressed he was with him.

The way it was put to me suggested TS saw the manager's role as the one running everything from there downwards, including the academy I assume, which has deliberately not been the way things have been run at Town.

There has been a conscious effort to maintain continuity at the academy regardless of managers coming in with the academy manager working to ME or the MD/chief exec rather than the manager.

If so, that kind of attitude should hopefully instantly rule him out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tim Sherwood on 16:15 - May 9 with 2856 viewsitfcjoe

Tim Sherwood on 16:09 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

It's almost a Director of Football role he wants then, and in that structure would require a lot more staff, and upheaval.

I can't see past Paul Hurst or Mark Warburton currently, everyone else seems to be in a job and signing a contract currently unless it is someone like Scott Parker

Tim Sherwood on 16:20 - May 9 with 2837 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well he doesn’t impress ME (why are we shouting?).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Sherwood on 16:24 - May 9 with 2824 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 16:20 - May 9 by Swansea_Blue

Well he doesn’t impress ME (why are we shouting?).

Alright Shania Twain, back to the 2000s with you.

Tim Sherwood on 16:25 - May 9 with 2834 viewsPhilTWTD

Tim Sherwood on 16:15 - May 9 by itfcjoe

It's almost a Director of Football role he wants then, and in that structure would require a lot more staff, and upheaval.

I can't see past Paul Hurst or Mark Warburton currently, everyone else seems to be in a job and signing a contract currently unless it is someone like Scott Parker

Perhaps or maybe a more old school approach, like Bobby Robson running everything back in his day.

The way I'd see a director of football/sporting director would be more hands-off in terms of working with the team directly than I'd envisage what he seems to be suggesting, the one doing the deals, sorting the contracts with a head coach the one working with the first team and picking the side.

I don't think TS wants to be that, think he wants to be more of a traditional manager running the first team and then having his say on the entire show. That's not what ME wants from what he said a couple of weeks ago and I think he's right not to want that.

I suspect the reaction to Monday's story has knocked TS off the list even if he was still on it anyway as they do seem very keen to build bridges with fans. Another contentious manager is the last thing they need.
Tim Sherwood on 16:31 - May 9 with 2813 viewsitfcjoe

Tim Sherwood on 16:25 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps or maybe a more old school approach, like Bobby Robson running everything back in his day.

The way I'd see a director of football/sporting director would be more hands-off in terms of working with the team directly than I'd envisage what he seems to be suggesting, the one doing the deals, sorting the contracts with a head coach the one working with the first team and picking the side.

I don't think TS wants to be that, think he wants to be more of a traditional manager running the first team and then having his say on the entire show. That's not what ME wants from what he said a couple of weeks ago and I think he's right not to want that.

I suspect the reaction to Monday's story has knocked TS off the list even if he was still on it anyway as they do seem very keen to build bridges with fans. Another contentious manager is the last thing they need.

Are they leaking the stories to see the reaction then?

I agree, that it would be a huge backward step to cede so much control to one man.

I'd see a DoF as the head of football side of club - being reported into by Head of Academy, head of Sports Science, head of recruitment and first team coach

Tim Sherwood on 16:39 - May 9 with 2789 viewsLord_Lucan

Tim Sherwood on 16:15 - May 9 by itfcjoe

We just don't know, Warbuton must be in with a shout but the fact that ME isn't making decisions until after the play offs speaks volumes to me.

But then again I thought Cook for a while but there may have been "Other" issues with him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tim Sherwood on 16:40 - May 9 with 2788 viewsPhilTWTD

Tim Sherwood on 16:31 - May 9 by itfcjoe

Are they leaking the stories to see the reaction then?

I agree, that it would be a huge backward step to cede so much control to one man.

I'd see a DoF as the head of football side of club - being reported into by Head of Academy, head of Sports Science, head of recruitment and first team coach

No, they're not, least not via me anyway and not really been any really strong definite info elsewhere, not recently anyway. I've just had a few whispers from here and there, I'm sure there are a few names which have been overlooked who may have been in the running or at least potentially in the running. However, they're bound to take a note of how names are received if they do make it into the public domain.

Yes, that's how I see the DoF/SD role in addition to running the business side of the football operation, but the way I understood it - and it could just be my interpretation so I could be wrong - TS wanted to be more hands on with the first team.
Tim Sherwood on 16:40 - May 9 with 2773 viewsitfcjoe

Tim Sherwood on 16:39 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

We just don't know, Warbuton must be in with a shout but the fact that ME isn't making decisions until after the play offs speaks volumes to me.

But then again I thought Cook for a while but there may have been "Other" issues with him.

Tim Sherwood on 16:42 - May 9 with 2775 viewsPhilTWTD

Tim Sherwood on 16:39 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, you may well be right re the play-offs and timing. Certainly I've been told from good sources that Hurst is a leading contender. Warburton's name had been surprisingly absent from discussions and speculation until the OP mentioned him.
Tim Sherwood on 16:45 - May 9 with 2747 viewsReuser_is_God

Tim Sherwood on 16:42 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

Yes, you may well be right re the play-offs and timing. Certainly I've been told from good sources that Hurst is a leading contender. Warburton's name had been surprisingly absent from discussions and speculation until the OP mentioned him.

I think if Warburton was a major contender he’d have been appointed by now.

If we do end up appointing him I wouldn’t be at all disappointed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Tim Sherwood on 16:50 - May 9 with 2731 viewsfooters

Tim Sherwood on 16:45 - May 9 by Reuser_is_God

I think if Warburton was a major contender he’d have been appointed by now.

If we do end up appointing him I wouldn’t be at all disappointed.

Brentford mate reckons he's not up to much, more to do with their setup and how successful at that moment in time it is. Managers, sorry first-team coaches, there are dispensable, don't have to be anything special.

Can't say I followed him at Rangers and elsewhere, though.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tim Sherwood on 16:52 - May 9 with 2727 viewsLord_Lucan

Tim Sherwood on 16:42 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

There are two or three that I'm surprised haven't been highlighted anywhere - probably for no other reason than the fact they aren't being considered but I still wouldn't put it past ME to completely shock us all - in a good way.

Not sure I'm entirely blown over by Warbuton but mainly because every time he is mentioned I get an image pop up in my mind of a loaf of bread - a bit like Reginald Perrin and his mother in law (Hippopotamus)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Tim Sherwood on 17:15 - May 9 with 2667 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 16:52 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

There are two or three that I'm surprised haven't been highlighted anywhere - probably for no other reason than the fact they aren't being considered but I still wouldn't put it past ME to completely shock us all - in a good way.

Not sure I'm entirely blown over by Warbuton but mainly because every time he is mentioned I get an image pop up in my mind of a loaf of bread - a bit like Reginald Perrin and his mother in law (Hippopotamus)

Ooh who are your two or three below the radar picks?

Tim Sherwood on 17:19 - May 9 with 2662 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Has to be Hurst, Warburton, Lampard or Parker, surely?
Tim Sherwood on 17:21 - May 9 with 2659 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 17:19 - May 9 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Has to be Hurst, Warburton, Lampard or Parker, surely?

Big Sam is most likely going to be looking for a job at end t'season.

Tim Sherwood on 17:32 - May 9 with 2646 viewsLord_Lucan

Tim Sherwood on 17:15 - May 9 by SpruceMoose

Ooh who are your two or three below the radar picks?

I'm just surprised any of the Leicester trio of Craig Shakespeare, Nigel Pearson and to a lesser extent Claudio Ranieri haven't got a mention.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 17:33]

Tim Sherwood on 17:35 - May 9 with 2626 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 17:32 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

I'm just surprised any of the Leicester trio of Craig Shakespeare, Nigel Pearson and to a lesser extent Claudio Ranieri haven't got a mention.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 17:33]

Is Ranieri not at Nantes still? I do like a bit of Claudio.

Tim Sherwood on 17:40 - May 9 with 2623 viewsLord_Lucan

Tim Sherwood on 17:35 - May 9 by SpruceMoose

Is Ranieri not at Nantes still? I do like a bit of Claudio.

Yeah he is but ME does like a name - and having no idea about French football I have no idea how good Nantes are.

ME seems a bit of an odd bod in a way, I think he would have sacked McCarthy a year ago but didn't want to pay him up, I also get the impression that he won't pay much of a release fee for a current manager yet he wouldn't quibble about paying a new manager a very good wage.

Tim Sherwood on 17:43 - May 9 with 2614 viewsSpruceMoose

Tim Sherwood on 17:40 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah he is but ME does like a name - and having no idea about French football I have no idea how good Nantes are.

ME seems a bit of an odd bod in a way, I think he would have sacked McCarthy a year ago but didn't want to pay him up, I also get the impression that he won't pay much of a release fee for a current manager yet he wouldn't quibble about paying a new manager a very good wage.

A quick Google suggests that things are not at all rosy at Nantes, so he could be out of the door this summer. One article is linking him to Spurs though!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024