Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager 11:31 - Apr 25 with 4291 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

The Elite Coaches award shows he is highly regarded by our own FA, and this level of attainment is very difficult to accomplish.

His achievements have been exceptional with the limited resources he has had access to, which is not dissimilar to the situation here.

He wants to develop the players and youth, without heading straight for the chairman's cheque book. An excellent approach which is needed here.

He has shown great adaptability, coaching abroad in different countries and within different cultures.

Wants to remembered alongside Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Bobby Robson. This suggests he is aiming to be here for a significant period of time and build a legacy.

The point that he hasn't managed here before is a moot one, as his track record suggests he will acclimatise to the rigours of the Championship.

He wants to come here and the interview indicates he doesn't want to be under the radar anymore.

This appointment appears to be a very natural fit - let's hope Marcus announces this, either today in the coming days/weeks.

I was happy that Shefki Kuqi threw his hat in the ring and applied for the job, but I believe Gary White is a better candidate.

Gary White's Blue And White Army anyone?
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:34 - Apr 25 with 4257 viewsdavblue

whilst the interview he said the right things talk is cheap.

He might end up being a great appointment, but let's face it, you probably had never heard of him last week..
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:38 - Apr 25 with 4230 viewsHerbivore

Thanks for your interest Gary, unfortunately it's a no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:45 - Apr 25 with 4199 viewsITFC_Forever

Far better option than Shefki.

And the ME interview teasers suggest we will try something different... whether it will be something this different remains to be seen.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:47 - Apr 25 with 4175 viewsBlueBadger

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:45 - Apr 25 by ITFC_Forever

And the ME interview teasers suggest we will try something different... whether it will be something this different remains to be seen.

So, Pardew it is then!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:48 - Apr 25 with 4177 viewsGavTWTD

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:45 - Apr 25 by ITFC_Forever

Something different? I reckon it'll be Cherie Lunghi.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:48 - Apr 25 with 4177 viewsHeathlander

He'd bring Lancaster with him, his assistant at Taiwan. Also on the elite coaches programme. this sounds like the sexy, thinking out of the box appointment we need. Ipswich Town - Made in Taiwan.

While the Taiwan national team, who have won five of their first six matches under Gary White, are the current beneficiaries of White and Lancaster’s experience. Most of the other course members are either working with the FA directly at youth or under-17 level, or at Premier League clubs or academies such as Liverpool, Newcastle United, and Burnley, and have been instrumental in helping develop England’s next generation of stars.

Lancaster, who coached Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho for three seasons while he was at Watford working with their academy’s elite players, says the course helped him flip his thinking into ‘’preparing the player for the pathway, not prepare the pathway for the player’’. He says that while the manager might pick the team, the work behind-the-scenes is helping develop England’s elite young players like Sancho by creating the right environment and mentoring these young players so they make the right choices. The things that Lancaster and his peers learned on the course was one of the factors that is helping produce the kind of players that helped England have not just it’s most successful year ever in youth football in 2017, but the most successful year of any nation in the world at that level.
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:51 - Apr 25 with 4148 viewsBluetone

Gary White a risk?well yes But so were Bobby and Alf . Could be just what we need

Blog: My Life and Times as an Ipswich Supporter

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:51 - Apr 25 with 4150 viewshampstead_blue

I think your point about development is going to strike a chord with many here.

If we do go for someone with minimal Championship experience there may be a need for someone to sit 'upstairs'.

Half the problem is the managers network and reputation.
Look at Klug. When he came back from Spurs he had built a network there and could tap into it for loans and transfers. Same with MM.

A new manager without a network could be good as they wouldn't fall back to old players (Ellington anyone) to rekindle long lost magic.

I'm torn between the excitement of risk and the balance of an older lag.

I can say that I'm chuffed it's not my money at stake. ME has my respect for what he does.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:54 - Apr 25 with 4129 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:34 - Apr 25 by davblue

whilst the interview he said the right things talk is cheap.

He might end up being a great appointment, but let's face it, you probably had never heard of him last week..

TBF, your point is valid. However, coaching badges in 3 or 4 different countries and Elite Coaching awards are not gained without a great level of hard work, determination, expertise and desire.

Every team he has managed has had an improvement, and often one that is vast...

Sky did a piece on him last year, but at the time, I had thought of him as someone whom would work their way to the England job through a less conventional route. The fact that he is in the mix for our job is fantastic - we should grab him before someone else does!
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:56 - Apr 25 with 4104 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yep, he'll do nicely.
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 4084 viewsbenno1uk

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:51 - Apr 25 by hampstead_blue

If we do go for someone with minimal Championship experience there may be a need for someone to sit 'upstairs'.

Look at Klug. When he came back from Spurs he had built a network there and could tap into it for loans and transfers. Same with MM.

A new manager without a network could be good as they wouldn't fall back to old players (Ellington anyone) to rekindle long lost magic.

I can say that I'm chuffed it's not my money at stake. ME has my respect for what he does.

He managed the Bahamas - doesn't ME live there? Could be bezzie mates...
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 4071 viewsdavblue

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:54 - Apr 25 by Bad_Boy_Mark

TBF, your point is valid. However, coaching badges in 3 or 4 different countries and Elite Coaching awards are not gained without a great level of hard work, determination, expertise and desire.

Sky did a piece on him last year, but at the time, I had thought of him as someone whom would work their way to the England job through a less conventional route. The fact that he is in the mix for our job is fantastic - we should grab him before someone else does!

im not dismissing him, that would be foolish but those teams he has managed will have probably had a very low base to build from so it's a testament that he has improved them through coaching etc.

It's a big step up, my worry is players will dismiss him as they haven't heard of him.
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 4067 viewsHerbivore

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:54 - Apr 25 by Bad_Boy_Mark

He's had less than a year as a club manager in his career and has never played or coached at any level over here. He's got lots of badges but then so have the Scouts. He'd be one of the bigger gambles and would need a DoF working above him for sure. It'd be an interesting risk to take but he's miles from being the logical choice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 4062 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:51 - Apr 25 by hampstead_blue

Development here is crucial, without millions to spend we have to nurture our own players into the first team.
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 12:04 - Apr 25 with 4034 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:48 - Apr 25 by Heathlander

He'd bring Lancaster with him, his assistant at Taiwan. Also on the elite coaches programme. this sounds like the sexy, thinking out of the box appointment we need. Ipswich Town - Made in Taiwan.

While the Taiwan national team, who have won five of their first six matches under Gary White, are the current beneficiaries of White and Lancaster’s experience. Most of the other course members are either working with the FA directly at youth or under-17 level, or at Premier League clubs or academies such as Liverpool, Newcastle United, and Burnley, and have been instrumental in helping develop England’s next generation of stars.

Lancaster, who coached Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho for three seasons while he was at Watford working with their academy’s elite players, says the course helped him flip his thinking into ‘’preparing the player for the pathway, not prepare the pathway for the player’’. He says that while the manager might pick the team, the work behind-the-scenes is helping develop England’s elite young players like Sancho by creating the right environment and mentoring these young players so they make the right choices. The things that Lancaster and his peers learned on the course was one of the factors that is helping produce the kind of players that helped England have not just it’s most successful year ever in youth football in 2017, but the most successful year of any nation in the world at that level.

Fresh new thinking, fresh new ideas, fresh new approach!
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 12:07 - Apr 25 with 4023 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 11:59 - Apr 25 by davblue

im not dismissing him, that would be foolish but those teams he has managed will have probably had a very low base to build from so it's a testament that he has improved them through coaching etc.

It's a big step up, my worry is players will dismiss him as they haven't heard of him.

A fair point, but playing Devil's Advocate, doesn't every manager start at that point at some time in their career?
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 12:19 - Apr 25 with 3972 viewsdavblue

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 12:07 - Apr 25 by Bad_Boy_Mark

A fair point, but playing Devil's Advocate, doesn't every manager start at that point at some time in their career?

oh yes, and im an advocate of giving people a chance.
IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 3803 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

IMO, Gary White Is The Logical Choice To Become Our New Manager on 12:19 - Apr 25 by davblue

oh yes, and im an advocate of giving people a chance.

I am of the same thinking...

Wish we knew who has formally applied for the job as Marcus seemed to suggest there have been many applicants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024