Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing petition 21:42 - Apr 11 with 6101 viewsnewlurker

Any lads fancy signing this and sharing, please?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

already at over 10k so a response is required, need to get over 100k to be considered for debate.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 21:59]
Safe Standing petition on 22:06 - Apr 11 with 5627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It’s the Hilsbrough anniversary on Sunday..... I now see why the politician bottled the decision.

I think even the spirit of shankly group have stated support for safe standing. The decision was baffling.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Safe Standing petition on 23:20 - Apr 11 with 5589 viewsBasuco

Is there any point? At the moment the stands behind the goals at most prem and championship grounds stand anyway, if safe standing areas were to be introduced then most likely there would be a clampdown on standing everywhere in the ground apart from the designated standing area. That would be full so many who currently stand would be forced to sit down.
Safe Standing petition on 08:42 - Apr 12 with 5524 viewsnewlurker

Safe Standing petition on 23:20 - Apr 11 by Basuco

Is there any point? At the moment the stands behind the goals at most prem and championship grounds stand anyway, if safe standing areas were to be introduced then most likely there would be a clampdown on standing everywhere in the ground apart from the designated standing area. That would be full so many who currently stand would be forced to sit down.

So, if you like to stand you'd move to when the standing rails are? Do you really think it's safer to standing now than it would with the rails? People are constantly falling over seats in front and behind. Yeah, there is a point, it works, it increases capacity, increases atmosphere...
Safe Standing petition on 08:43 - Apr 12 with 5518 viewsHerbivore

Can women sign and share too?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Safe Standing petition on 19:27 - Apr 17 with 5450 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Bump. Be good to get this over the 100,000 mark.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Safe Standing petition on 21:05 - Apr 17 with 5403 viewsrgp1

We can have a safe watching campaign now free from the risk of neck injuries.
Safe Standing petition on 07:30 - Apr 18 with 5354 viewsTendring_Blue

Signed it, won't change much but that stupid law needs to go, it's one of the major issues with modern football.
Safe Standing petition on 18:12 - Apr 19 with 5311 viewsnewlurker

Safe Standing petition on 07:30 - Apr 18 by Tendring_Blue

Signed it, won't change much but that stupid law needs to go, it's one of the major issues with modern football.

Nearing that 100k

Poor effort locally though

http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=207040
Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing petition on 19:02 - Apr 19 with 5275 viewsfabian_illness

As mentioned, the SBR lower already stand, everybody has their own place to stand, no milling about other than to the loo/bar and back.
I've never seen anyone fall over the seats, plus it gives you somewhere to sit down at half time and watch the awesome variety of light entertainment that ranges from fat guys trying to score a penalty to fat girls with Pom poms.
No disrespect, but I'd be a bit miffed if I turned up and someone had removed my seat.
I like to stand, but I don't think our club needs to change.
Safe Standing petition on 19:32 - Apr 19 with 5262 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Safe Standing petition on 19:02 - Apr 19 by fabian_illness

As mentioned, the SBR lower already stand, everybody has their own place to stand, no milling about other than to the loo/bar and back.
I've never seen anyone fall over the seats, plus it gives you somewhere to sit down at half time and watch the awesome variety of light entertainment that ranges from fat guys trying to score a penalty to fat girls with Pom poms.
No disrespect, but I'd be a bit miffed if I turned up and someone had removed my seat.

That’s as maybe but standing is against the ground regulations and one day they may enforce them leading to your ejection.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Safe Standing petition on 20:03 - Apr 19 with 5240 viewsLuk38644

Safe Standing petition on 19:02 - Apr 19 by fabian_illness

'I've never seen anyone fall over the seats'

I have and have had it happen to myself. It's absolutely lethal. Always has been and always will be until safe standing is brought in.

The current set-up is a lot more dangerous than safe-stainding, it's as simple as that.
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:08 - Apr 19 with 5239 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Safe Standing petition on 20:03 - Apr 19 by Luk38644

'I've never seen anyone fall over the seats'

I have and have had it happen to myself. It's absolutely lethal. Always has been and always will be until safe standing is brought in.

The current set-up is a lot more dangerous than safe-stainding, it's as simple as that.

In reality, the Premier League don't want rail seats.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/18/premier-league-fans-standing-su

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:12 - Apr 19 with 5233 viewsLuk38644

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:08 - Apr 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/18/premier-league-fans-standing-su

The PL can p*ss off, and anyway, 5% of the bigger grounds is a decent number of railseats.
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:14 - Apr 19 with 5231 viewsTendring_Blue

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:08 - Apr 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

So what, have small sections of rail seats for those that do want to stand. The current set up is dangerous.

I think if safe standing was legalised, some would come round to the idea of standing up. At the moment the rules say you can't.
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 5221 viewsTendring_Blue

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:12 - Apr 19 by Luk38644

The PL can p*ss off, and anyway, 5% of the bigger grounds is a decent number of railseats.

Very true. Its a minority but a sizable one. Each club could canvas support and individually set the size of there standing area.

Atm if you didn't know the tradition you could buy a ticket without knowing the area is traditionally standing and get caught out.

It's ridiculous, and we need common sense. Standing in seated areas is dangerous, why piss those who stand by enforcing seating when a tried and tested alternative exists.

Politics ruins nearly everything, this is one of those situations.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 20:21]
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:23 - Apr 19 with 5209 viewsTendring_Blue

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:19 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Very true. Its a minority but a sizable one. Each club could canvas support and individually set the size of there standing area.

Atm if you didn't know the tradition you could buy a ticket without knowing the area is traditionally standing and get caught out.

It's ridiculous, and we need common sense. Standing in seated areas is dangerous, why piss those who stand by enforcing seating when a tried and tested alternative exists.

Politics ruins nearly everything, this is one of those situations.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 20:21]

Just to add, you can fit more people in a safe standing section compared to an equivalent sized seated area so the greedy pl clubs could up there capacities and make more cash!

It's win win
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:29 - Apr 19 with 5206 viewssparks

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:23 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Just to add, you can fit more people in a safe standing section compared to an equivalent sized seated area so the greedy pl clubs could up there capacities and make more cash!

It's win win

I cant help thinking that people who were not old enough to really experience how things were in the 80s dont really get the opposition to standing....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 5196 viewsTendring_Blue

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:29 - Apr 19 by sparks

I cant help thinking that people who were not old enough to really experience how things were in the 80s dont really get the opposition to standing....

Hence why I am talking about safe standing, not the unsafe crumbling terraces of the past. Please look at the evidence, instead of dusting down a dated and fundamentaly flawed argument.

IF you sit in an unsafe stadium it's unsafe. If you stand in an unsafe stadium it's unsafe. Like wise, safe infrastructure means it is just as safe to sit or stand. Standing is not intrinsically unsafe, that's what the report said all those years ago.
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:51 - Apr 19 with 5172 viewsSlambo

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:38 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Hence why I am talking about safe standing, not the unsafe crumbling terraces of the past. Please look at the evidence, instead of dusting down a dated and fundamentaly flawed argument.

IF you sit in an unsafe stadium it's unsafe. If you stand in an unsafe stadium it's unsafe. Like wise, safe infrastructure means it is just as safe to sit or stand. Standing is not intrinsically unsafe, that's what the report said all those years ago.

My concern is that these rail seats are not the panacea we think. You need to have some freedom of movement so that those that want to sing and jump about can congregate together; rail seats still lock you in your place, meaning you're still just as likely to be hemmed in by people you don't know and/or don't want to get as involved as you...

I'd also like to make the point that there was nothing inherently dangerous about the old style terracing. To stop the large surges you used to get, put in more crush barriers; to stop the terrace becoming too crowded in the first place, more scrupulous ticketing arrangements. Much easier in the digital age...

On a personal note, i'd love to experience the old sway and surge of a crowd on an old school terrace...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 21:14 - Apr 19 with 5145 viewsTendring_Blue

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:51 - Apr 19 by Slambo

My concern is that these rail seats are not the panacea we think. You need to have some freedom of movement so that those that want to sing and jump about can congregate together; rail seats still lock you in your place, meaning you're still just as likely to be hemmed in by people you don't know and/or don't want to get as involved as you...

I'd also like to make the point that there was nothing inherently dangerous about the old style terracing. To stop the large surges you used to get, put in more crush barriers; to stop the terrace becoming too crowded in the first place, more scrupulous ticketing arrangements. Much easier in the digital age...

On a personal note, i'd love to experience the old sway and surge of a crowd on an old school terrace...

Totally agree with you. Sadly to young to remember football before all seaters. Partly I watch old football thinking wow that's dangerous, seeing how packed it got. But bloody hell I missed out on some fun. I pick safe standing because it's the winnable battle. A safe terrace is safe but to tainted by the past. Safe standing atatches standing to the modern "seat" idea, I believe the chance of legalised standing is higher by fighting that battle.
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 21:46 - Apr 19 with 5115 viewsSlambo

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 21:14 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Totally agree with you. Sadly to young to remember football before all seaters. Partly I watch old football thinking wow that's dangerous, seeing how packed it got. But bloody hell I missed out on some fun. I pick safe standing because it's the winnable battle. A safe terrace is safe but to tainted by the past. Safe standing atatches standing to the modern "seat" idea, I believe the chance of legalised standing is higher by fighting that battle.

Oh totally - i'd rather see some form of standing area than none at all. And i'm convinced it will happen in the next few years. I have a theory that the authorities know full well there is no logical argument against reintroducing standing areas. They resist, because to concede on this might embolden the long oppressed football fan. Why, give them standing areas and they'll be demanding to be able to drink in view of the ground next! Then they'll want cheaper tickets! And a greater say in the running of the game and their club..! Makes me seem a bit of conspiracy nut, but it doesn't seem that far fetched if you think about...

UPPA TOWEN!

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 5105 viewsSlambo

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 21:14 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Also, if you go on YouTube there're some really cool old British Pathe newsreels of the Kop back in the day. All the fans swaying and undulating with their scarves held aloft. Beautiful...

UPPA TOWEN!

Safe Standing petition on 21:50 - Apr 19 with 5096 viewsElderGrizzly

I did like this yesterday. They want standing, but not all game. Their legs will get tired...

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 22:23 - Apr 19 with 5067 viewssparks

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:38 - Apr 19 by Tendring_Blue

Those sorts of silly and blinkered comments simply serve to consolidate opposition.

Its usually best, if you wish to shift opinion, to try to understand and engage other views, rather than to be fallaciously and simplistically disdainful of them.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:25]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicion on 22:37 - Apr 19 with 5046 viewsSuperfrans

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicious. on 20:29 - Apr 19 by sparks

I was old enough. And I don’t get the opposition.

The idea is to allow limited areas for standing. We’re never going to go back to the old days of grounds being 50-75% terracing. Even at the lower levels, in divisions where it is allowed, standing is usually only behind the goals and causes no problem.

At the bigger clubs (in the higher leagues) football has become so sanitised, the grounds have been improved so much, thee won’t be problems there either. Blimey, at places like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, the crowds are so tame, a few standing areas are not going turn the clocks back to the Eighties.

For me, it’s all about choice. As it is, we all stand in the SBR lower anyway. Taking the seats away won’t change the atmosphere for the worse (ie make it more threatening) at all - but it would make it safer... imho.

I’d be interested to know what the basis of your objection is.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:40]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024