Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing petition 21:42 - Apr 11 with 6226 viewsnewlurker

Any lads fancy signing this and sharing, please?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

already at over 10k so a response is required, need to get over 100k to be considered for debate.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 21:59]
The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicion on 07:36 - Apr 21 with 447 viewsnewlurker

The timing on this survey is refreshingly suspicion on 22:37 - Apr 19 by Superfrans

I was old enough. And I don’t get the opposition.

The idea is to allow limited areas for standing. We’re never going to go back to the old days of grounds being 50-75% terracing. Even at the lower levels, in divisions where it is allowed, standing is usually only behind the goals and causes no problem.

At the bigger clubs (in the higher leagues) football has become so sanitised, the grounds have been improved so much, thee won’t be problems there either. Blimey, at places like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, the crowds are so tame, a few standing areas are not going turn the clocks back to the Eighties.

For me, it’s all about choice. As it is, we all stand in the SBR lower anyway. Taking the seats away won’t change the atmosphere for the worse (ie make it more threatening) at all - but it would make it safer... imho.

I’d be interested to know what the basis of your objection is.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:40]

bump, still needs exposure this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024