Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really can't motivate myself to go tonight 11:19 - Apr 10 with 8941 viewsBrixtonBlue

£30 on the train, get back home late, all in the hope of maybe seeing Folami again... maybe Cotter. I'm thinking maybe I'll stay here and watch the Champions League game in a pub, which is really really unlike me. I used to get angry if I missed Town games I already had a ticket for (ST).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 12:57 - Apr 10 with 4094 viewsTractorCam

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 12:13 - Apr 10 by SWGF

You can watch it at home for a fiver.

The point of staying at home is to not watch it

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 4079 viewsSteve_M

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 12:07 - Apr 10 by Superfrans

Do you remember the halcyon days of a couple of years ago when we couldn't stop winning on Tuesday nights? We went something like two years without failing to win on a Tuesday, didn't we? Those were the days...

Yep, that came after a fairly dreadful run on Tuesday evenings under Magilton and Keane. Think they were more mixed under Jewell but a 3-3 draw with Middlesbrough plus the West Ham one were balanced by some very poor ones too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:16 - Apr 10 with 4067 viewsHerbivore

For those of you who have STs and get the train, do you pay on the day? You really should take advantage of the deals Greater Anglia offer, you can save a fortune. They do either a ST for match days or books of ten tickets.

Anyway, I'm not going tonight as I've got work commitments that make it impossible for me to get there on time. I'm not all that bothered that I can't go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 4057 viewsAce_High1

Stay at home and watch the Champions League, its going to be a great game I am still expecting City to get right back into it.
I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:22 - Apr 10 with 4050 viewsBurwell_Blue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 12:04 - Apr 10 by TractorWood

I'm watching the champs league. I watched the first leg last week and thought it was awesome both tactically and as a spectacle. Town games on a Tuesday night are a bit of an effort from Cambridge, especially as Ipswich is a sea of double yellow lines.

Portman Road car-park - £2

That's the least of my concerns.
I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:24 - Apr 10 with 4038 viewsBenters2

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 11:36 - Apr 10 by BrixtonBlue

I've given up drinking for a year!

Who was that G&T for then on the train out of Dodge after the Norwich game?
I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 4034 viewsSteve_M

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:16 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

For those of you who have STs and get the train, do you pay on the day? You really should take advantage of the deals Greater Anglia offer, you can save a fortune. They do either a ST for match days or books of ten tickets.

Anyway, I'm not going tonight as I've got work commitments that make it impossible for me to get there on time. I'm not all that bothered that I can't go.

They don't from London I believe, or certainly didn't last time I looked at them. Gold card or group save and splitting at Maningtree keeps the cost down a bit..

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:29 - Apr 10 with 4024 viewsHerbivore

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:27 - Apr 10 by Steve_M

They don't from London I believe, or certainly didn't last time I looked at them. Gold card or group save and splitting at Maningtree keeps the cost down a bit..

I'm surprised if that's the case as I'd have thought Greater Anglia would offer it on all of their services. That's a bit of a piss take if London is excluded.

Login to get fewer ads

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:32 - Apr 10 with 4015 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:29 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

I'm surprised if that's the case as I'd have thought Greater Anglia would offer it on all of their services. That's a bit of a piss take if London is excluded.

Romford is excluded too

Steve’s right - it’s really only the Anglia places that the deal is for

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:34 - Apr 10 with 4011 viewsHerbivore

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:32 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Romford is excluded too

Steve’s right - it’s really only the Anglia places that the deal is for

According to this you can get them from London Liverpool Street, not Romford though as it's not a Greater Anglia station: https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/football/ipswich-town-tickets/ipswich-town-

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:42 - Apr 10 with 3986 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:34 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

According to this you can get them from London Liverpool Street, not Romford though as it's not a Greater Anglia station: https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/football/ipswich-town-tickets/ipswich-town-

£656.90 still isn’t really much value though is it from Liverpool Street. £28.56 per match.

Plus no Railcard’s would be allowed with that even if it did do Romford.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:43 - Apr 10 with 3981 viewsHerbivore

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:42 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

£656.90 still isn’t really much value though is it from Liverpool Street. £28.56 per match.

This isn't all about you, Rommers.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:53 - Apr 10 with 3961 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've thought about that before but not really looked into it. Is it from Liverpool Street? I wondered if it's that much of a saving when I have a Network Card already (£23 return to Ipswich, splitting at Manningtree). Are the tickets for specific games or 'any ten'? Just trying to work out if I miss any, will it still be worth it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:55 - Apr 10 with 3954 viewsHerbivore

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:53 - Apr 10 by BrixtonBlue

I've thought about that before but not really looked into it. Is it from Liverpool Street? I wondered if it's that much of a saving when I have a Network Card already (£23 return to Ipswich, splitting at Manningtree). Are the tickets for specific games or 'any ten'? Just trying to work out if I miss any, will it still be worth it?

The books of ten can be used for any home match. If you have a network card it might not work out much cheaper to be honest but it's worth looking into.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:56 - Apr 10 with 3952 viewsBrixtonBlue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:24 - Apr 10 by Benters2

Who was that G&T for then on the train out of Dodge after the Norwich game?

No idea what you're on about.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:59 - Apr 10 with 3940 viewsBrixtonBlue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:42 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Well £28.56 isn't a saving. As I said above, splitting at Manningtree and using a Network card for the rest is £23 on a Saturday (£30 during the week).

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 14:04 - Apr 10 with 3929 viewsSuperfrans

GA do a season ticket of rail tickets for matchdays?? Since when?? That's the first I've heard of it.

The fares are an absolute mess up to Suffolk. It is costing me £25 to go tonight. Splitting the ticket (Stratford to Manningtree and then Manningtree to Ipswich) and using a gold card.

But if I tried to buy tickets in a different way (all one ticket, or travelling from Manor Park, which is closer to Ipswich) it would cost £50. It's utterly ludicrous.

EDIT: Apologies - I've only just caught up with the rest of the thread/discussion on this. £28 is no saving though. Given the appalling service on almost every Saturday matchday, charging anything over £25 is taking the proverbial.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 14:07]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 14:06 - Apr 10 with 3923 viewsITFC_Forever

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:22 - Apr 10 by Burwell_Blue

Portman Road car-park - £2

That's the least of my concerns.

And Cardinal Park is £1.

Can't believe people use poor parking as an excuse not to come to games.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 14:17 - Apr 10 with 3903 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:43 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

This isn't all about you, Rommers.

Wow.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 16:20 - Apr 10 with 3840 viewsSuperfrans

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 14:17 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Wow.

[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 16:20]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 3791 viewsBenters2

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 13:56 - Apr 10 by BrixtonBlue

No idea what you're on about.

Do you remember i saw you in the bufet carriage after Nodge?
I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 3773 viewsbuoyant

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:17 - Apr 10 by Benters2

Predicted answer(s):

It wasn't me

OR

Tonic is not alcohol

UTT

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:46 - Apr 10 with 3743 viewsBrixtonBlue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:17 - Apr 10 by Benters2

Is that when you said I was wearing an Xmas jumper?

Anyway, I gave up drinking on 21st Feb, so after Nodge.

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:47 - Apr 10 with 3742 viewsBrixtonBlue

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:25 - Apr 10 by buoyant

Predicted answer(s):

It wasn't me

OR

Tonic is not alcohol

Why on earth do you think I would lie about giving up alcohol to a bunch of strangers on here?

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 18:08 - Apr 10 with 3725 viewsbuoyant

I really can't motivate myself to go tonight on 17:47 - Apr 10 by BrixtonBlue

Why on earth do you think I would lie about giving up alcohol to a bunch of strangers on here?

Lighten up fella, I was being frivolous

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024