Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's football is sh*t 19:41 - Apr 6 with 9177 viewsMaySixth

Watched 5 games now

Its woeful

Don;t beat about the bush and don't patronise it

Awful quality
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 20:15]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Women's football is sh*t on 21:28 - Apr 6 with 2899 viewsFtnfwest

Women's football is sh*t on 21:20 - Apr 6 by Clapham_Junction

I enjoyed today's game. Brilliant defensive performance from Wales who had clearly set out to get a 0-0 and did thanks to some good saves.

I agree with the comment above that it's vastly improved in the last few years. The players look much more natural on the ball and there is some decent skill, which I guess is as a result of them playing the game from a young age.

Didn’t see it and I’m sure it was although the comparison with the men’s game is clear. If England’s men’s team played for a 0-0 and achieved it, they would be hung drawn and quartered by the media and fans who would be demanding to know why they hadn’t won 6-0
Women's football is sh*t on 21:31 - Apr 6 with 2888 viewsClapham_Junction

Women's football is sh*t on 21:28 - Apr 6 by Ftnfwest

Didn’t see it and I’m sure it was although the comparison with the men’s game is clear. If England’s men’s team played for a 0-0 and achieved it, they would be hung drawn and quartered by the media and fans who would be demanding to know why they hadn’t won 6-0

I recall a rather different reaction to us getting that 0-0 draw in Rome
Women's football is sh*t on 22:19 - Apr 6 with 2840 viewsbritbiker

Sorry but just watched some women's games including England v Wales tonight and thought the skill level is vastly improved over the last 5 years. Ok they don't have the power of the men's game and fortunately havnt yet learnt to fall over with minimal contact. The Wales keeper tonight was really good. Likewise, I was surprised how entertaining women's rugby has also become.
Women;s football is shi*t on 22:23 - Apr 6 with 2835 viewsPlums

Women;s football is shi*t on 20:19 - Apr 6 by MaySixth

Whatever.

It's bloody awful

Don’t watch it then.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Women's football is sh*t on 22:26 - Apr 6 with 2831 viewsFtnfwest

Women's football is sh*t on 21:31 - Apr 6 by Clapham_Junction

I recall a rather different reaction to us getting that 0-0 draw in Rome

Yeah disbelief! Draw against Italy now and we get destroyed though
Women's football is sh*t on 22:45 - Apr 6 with 2822 viewsm14_blue

Women's football is sh*t on 21:20 - Apr 6 by Clapham_Junction

I enjoyed today's game. Brilliant defensive performance from Wales who had clearly set out to get a 0-0 and did thanks to some good saves.

I agree with the comment above that it's vastly improved in the last few years. The players look much more natural on the ball and there is some decent skill, which I guess is as a result of them playing the game from a young age.

I usually quite enjoy the games but today was utterly, utterly dreadful.

Wales set up like Andorra in the men's game and often were literally just trying to kick it in vaguely the right direction without any intention of looking for a red shirt, it was like an under 10's game. Unusually, the keeper was excellent though.

Very frustrating for England to play so badly on prime time tv in front of such a big crowd.

Phil'a got work to do!
Women's football is sh*t on 22:57 - Apr 6 with 2813 viewsMelford

Everybody complains about the lady goalies but won't having boobies get in the way of diving about and saving shots?. Never mind about the size of them, they must be sensitive when they get a ball smacked right into the nipple, or when they dive for a ball and hit the ground chest first.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Women's football is sh*t on 23:29 - Apr 6 with 2789 viewsbritbiker

Women's football is sh*t on 22:57 - Apr 6 by Melford

Everybody complains about the lady goalies but won't having boobies get in the way of diving about and saving shots?. Never mind about the size of them, they must be sensitive when they get a ball smacked right into the nipple, or when they dive for a ball and hit the ground chest first.

I'm guessing from that statement you have never been poleaxed by a shot to the peanuts.
Login to get fewer ads

Women;s football is shi*t on 00:18 - Apr 7 with 2763 viewsgt81

Women;s football is shi*t on 20:18 - Apr 6 by Deano69

Ok.

For a start there’s been little or no football at her school for girls. Her for game for the school has been this year and she aged 11.

There’s very very few Sunday league teams for girls too, they have just 10 teams at her age group across the whole of Suffolk.

TV coverage has been pretty much non-existent until the last couple of years.

They have adopted the game with all the same rules and regulations which is a good thing.

I quite like the lack of spitting, swearing, play acting, diving and poor attitude. Be a shame if that creeps in to the women’s game, but inevitably I suspect it will (as it has in boys football)

Women's football is sh*t on 02:44 - Apr 7 with 2725 viewsharlingblue

Women's football is coming on leaps and bounds, and is only now being taken more seriously, by both players and punters.
Most of the international players are now professional and contracted to clubs with great training facilities, with good coaches, you can tell by the build and technique of the players what a difference it has made, in such a short time.
The England game against Wales, was like watching Ipswich Town at home, good whole team defence with great goalkeeper, but with no intent to score.
Women;s football is shi*t on 03:25 - Apr 7 with 2710 viewsSpruceMoose

Women;s football is shi*t on 20:21 - Apr 6 by Anthony_Carmichael

SpruceMoose is a soy boy

Well, I am rather saucy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Women;s football is shi*t on 08:17 - Apr 7 with 2666 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Women;s football is shi*t on 20:19 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh its come on leaps and bounds over the years.

One of fastest rising sports in in the Uk

The best thing about it is no longer are children scared to give it a go and at childrens ages there are mixed boys and girls sides which is fantastic.

Some of the quality isnt great however I think youre watching it wrong. You dont tend to get female versions on messi or ronaldo but you get some very talented ball players like a carrick or a scholes type.

To appreciate it on TV go down to local womens games and enjoy the atmosphere, have a drink and slowly youll learn to appreciate it being a great tv spot.

A Carrick or a Scholes type? Not sure I would fancy either.

BOT

Women's football is sh*t on 08:38 - Apr 7 with 2648 viewsBerlinBlue

Did you watch the World Cup in 2015 or the Euros last year? Some really entertaining games and lots of quality.

Without wanting to make you spit out your cornflakes, some of the women could do a job in a men's team.
Women's football is sh*t on 08:39 - Apr 7 with 2646 viewsoneonmyknee

Women's football is sh*t on 08:38 - Apr 7 by BerlinBlue

Did you watch the World Cup in 2015 or the Euros last year? Some really entertaining games and lots of quality.

Without wanting to make you spit out your cornflakes, some of the women could do a job in a men's team.

no they couldn't
Women's football is sh*t on 09:28 - Apr 7 with 2620 viewsm14_blue

Women's football is sh*t on 08:38 - Apr 7 by BerlinBlue

Completely agree with the first paragraph.

Completely disagree with the second.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024