Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn captain 11:40 - Apr 5 with 2195 viewsgrimboy

I think he should be our new skipper he seems to speak well has a winning mentality and agrees that the way foward is to play footballl on the deck passing it around in stead of being direct,He is the first player to come out and say it’s time for change in our style which I and I am sure most fans agree with.
Waggy for captain.
Waghorn captain on 12:21 - Apr 5 with 2117 viewsYallop

Not sure about that. Chambers does a fine job.

Loved Waggy's wiggle when Millwall were giving him stick when Skuse was being treated.
Waghorn captain on 12:54 - Apr 5 with 2037 viewsgrimboy

Waghorn captain on 12:21 - Apr 5 by Yallop

Loved Waggy's wiggle when Millwall were giving him stick when Skuse was being treated.

im Not sure he does usually your captain leads the team by example his defending has been dubious this season on occasions I also think the new manager might see this and drop him,I think Waghorn would offer us a bit more he is enthusiastic and wants to play the ball on the ground I’m sure he could get the team onside.
Waghorn captain on 12:56 - Apr 5 with 2028 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As nice as all that is, you’ve not mentioned a single trait that would actually make him suitable as captain.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Waghorn captain on 12:56 - Apr 5 with 2024 viewsTractorCam

If Chambo leaves, why not.

Chambers is the best captain we've had in my lifetime however. As long as he's here, he's the skipper and rightly so.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Waghorn captain on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 2000 viewsPJH

Waghorn captain on 12:56 - Apr 5 by TractorCam

If Chambo leaves, why not.

Chambers is the best captain we've had in my lifetime however. As long as he's here, he's the skipper and rightly so.

Agree with most of that although as my lifetime is longer than yours I would say Mick Mills is the best in my time.
Mills always led by example and I think he first became club captain at age 21.
He was our very own "leader,legend"for almost all of the SBR years.
Waghorn captain on 13:05 - Apr 5 with 1991 viewsTractorCam

Waghorn captain on 13:03 - Apr 5 by PJH

Agree with most of that although as my lifetime is longer than yours I would say Mick Mills is the best in my time.

I can only dream of what those days were like unfortunately. I only really have De Vos to rival Chambo.

Grant Leadboots comfortably sits bottom of my list

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Waghorn captain on 13:07 - Apr 5 with 1980 viewsyungblue

Waghorn captain on 12:21 - Apr 5 by Yallop

I like Waghorn, can see him as leader, but doesn't mean he should be the captain. I think hen Chambers plays he should be the captain.

I actually don't think he should play week in week out next year, i think he should be back up. I think going forward he just isn't consistently good enough

I think Skuse or Bart should be on field captain next year, Chambers remaining as club captain.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

Waghorn captain on 13:08 - Apr 5 with 1979 viewsPJH

Waghorn captain on 13:05 - Apr 5 by TractorCam

I can only dream of what those days were like unfortunately. I only really have De Vos to rival Chambo.

Grant Leadboots comfortably sits bottom of my list

Yes De Vos was good as was Matty Holland and I suppose Captain Jim.
Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn captain on 13:25 - Apr 5 with 1939 viewsNo9

Hard to think of a better skipper than Mick Mills
although before his falling out with SBR Billy Baxter was a good leader
Waghorn captain on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 1890 viewstcblue

Waghorn captain on 13:07 - Apr 5 by yungblue

I like Waghorn, can see him as leader, but doesn't mean he should be the captain. I think hen Chambers plays he should be the captain.

I actually don't think he should play week in week out next year, i think he should be back up. I think going forward he just isn't consistently good enough

I think Skuse or Bart should be on field captain next year, Chambers remaining as club captain.

A club captain who isn't a cemented first team reg just sounds daft to me.

Chambers gets the first team nod partly because he's such a good captain. That's an incredibly important dimension for a team.
Waghorn captain on 14:31 - Apr 5 with 1825 viewsYallop

I'd plump for Butcher
Waghorn captain on 14:39 - Apr 5 with 1800 viewstheblueginger

Waghorn captain on 13:07 - Apr 5 by yungblue

I agree Waghorn does seem to have some potential to captain the side. However Chambers must remain skipper as long is he is here imo, and incidentally i think he's had a decent season given he has had an erratic Webster and/or 2 average RB's either side of him.
Waghorn captain on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 1787 viewsPJH

Waghorn captain on 14:31 - Apr 5 by Yallop

I'd plump for Butcher

For pure leadership and example there was nobody better but I think that Mick Mills was also able to be "Bobby Robson" on the pitch.
I know that Butch did not captain ITFC under SBR so it is not comparing like for like but I would say that Millsy was next to perfect for what was needed in a captain during SBR'S reign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024