Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans today 20:39 - Apr 2 with 4481 viewsbritbiker

After all the bad headlines they receive, often correctly. Have to say i was impressed with them today. Joined in with the minute applause as well.
Millwall fans today on 20:41 - Apr 2 with 4440 viewsFtnfwest

And I didn’t get harassed when going past them on the way to frankie and bennies with ftnfwest junior either!
Millwall fans today on 20:51 - Apr 2 with 4332 viewsbritbiker

Millwall fans today on 20:41 - Apr 2 by Ftnfwest

And I didn’t get harassed when going past them on the way to frankie and bennies with ftnfwest junior either!

i normally go the back route out of portman road, but today i deliberately walked through the millwall fans. not a hint of aggression, just talked about their team and the run they are on.
Millwall fans today on 20:58 - Apr 2 with 4264 viewsReuser_is_God

Millwall fans today on 20:51 - Apr 2 by britbiker

i normally go the back route out of portman road, but today i deliberately walked through the millwall fans. not a hint of aggression, just talked about their team and the run they are on.

Good bunch who are let down by a small minority & have never shaken their reputation.

The more corporate & souless football becomes the more I like fans like Millwalls.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Millwall fans today on 21:36 - Apr 2 with 4084 viewsHerbivore

They made a ton of noise and all good natured. When the PA started up to talk about the minute's applause they instantly fell silent and then wholeheartedly joined in for the full minute. Very respectful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Millwall fans today on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 3978 viewsSteve_M

Yep, loud and supportive almost throughout.

I was chatting to a few in the pub pre-match, they know football is cyclical and are very much enjoying being on the at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Millwall fans today on 21:51 - Apr 2 with 3935 viewsclive_baker

Proper club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Millwall fans today on 22:22 - Apr 2 with 3734 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Millwall fans today on 20:58 - Apr 2 by Reuser_is_God

Good bunch who are let down by a small minority & have never shaken their reputation.

The more corporate & souless football becomes the more I like fans like Millwalls.

The loudest, wittiest & best away support at PR this season by a country mile.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Millwall fans today on 00:39 - Apr 3 with 3456 viewsbritbiker

Millwall fans today on 20:58 - Apr 2 by Reuser_is_God

Their problem seems to be when they go on a cup run and all the idiots who dont regularly attend turn up.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans today on 01:02 - Apr 3 with 3417 viewsFootballpete

I remember playing them New Year's Day a few years back when both home and away would drink in the station hotel together. They were a very friendly bunch without a hint of trouble. I've also witnessed the flip side of that but as another post adheres to, I think that usually occurs at games when an unsavoury element turns up. The last game of the 96 season springs to mind.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Millwall fans today on 01:08 - Apr 3 with 3405 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Millwall fans today on 00:39 - Apr 3 by britbiker

Their problem seems to be when they go on a cup run and all the idiots who dont regularly attend turn up.

At the infamous Cup game in 1985 with Luton, believe read a large proportion responsible for that night's reckless behavior weren't even associated with them. In other words fans from other London clubs took it upon themselves to invade the field and cause mayhem, to what end I don't know.

But Yes in fairness they do have a certain label about them that isn't always justified. Usually associated with crowd trouble and disturbance but as mentioned the good among them far outweighs the more negative elements.

Wish them well in their play-off endeavors. Near 30 years outside the top league, at least allow them the opportunity to celebrate making it back if they can achieve it. Neil Harris takes all the accolades going, that was a very good appointment for them.
Millwall fans today on 07:53 - Apr 3 with 3140 viewstextbackup

The fans are old skool and proper. Anyone acting disrespectfully would get a wallop from an elder.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Millwall fans today on 08:10 - Apr 3 with 3087 viewstheblueginger

Living near the Den, I've been to a few games and always found them likeable, with a gallows humour towards their reputation. Quite a likeable club and it would be good to see them inj CT some soul back into the Premium.

Interesting I also lived in Leeds for a year and didn't exactly develop a liking of Leeds United.
Millwall fans today on 08:27 - Apr 3 with 3033 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Millwall fans today on 08:10 - Apr 3 by theblueginger

Living near the Den, I've been to a few games and always found them likeable, with a gallows humour towards their reputation. Quite a likeable club and it would be good to see them inj CT some soul back into the Premium.

Interesting I also lived in Leeds for a year and didn't exactly develop a liking of Leeds United.

This with bells on having lived even more years near Leeds.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Millwall fans today on 08:35 - Apr 3 with 3003 viewsITFC_Forever

Millwall fans today on 22:22 - Apr 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

The loudest, wittiest & best away support at PR this season by a country mile.

The only fans that rival them each year are Sheffield Wednesday's.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024