Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 22:39 - Apr 1 with 2682 viewsyungblue

Ostersunds English manager has grown their club from the lower depths of Swedish football to be high end Swedish division side, competiting in the Europa League, actually perceived to have performed a "masterclass" over Galatasaray last year in a 2-0 win.

The prospect of coming to manager a championship wouldn't be too attractive if he wasn't English. But for the chance to be one step off the premier league would potentially be an opportunity he couldn't refuse.

a man who has developed if club in a 3-4-3 system, playing groundwork football in between the lines, also loyal as this year his 6th, gurnanteed support from ME and wages enough to lure loans/frees and the ever growing academy prospects.

Certainly a very, very good option.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

Graham Potter on 22:49 - Apr 1 with 2645 viewsTIB

I think folk mentioned him on another thread and said we wouldn’t be an attractive option as he’s got interest from Prem clubs. That said, I think testing your skills from Sweden in England would be best done in Championship rather than a prem club where he’ll get five minutes to prove himself. As you say, ME will give him time.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Graham Potter on 22:50 - Apr 1 with 2637 viewsfactual_blue

Graham Potter on 22:49 - Apr 1 by TIB

I think folk mentioned him on another thread and said we wouldn’t be an attractive option as he’s got interest from Prem clubs. That said, I think testing your skills from Sweden in England would be best done in Championship rather than a prem club where he’ll get five minutes to prove himself. As you say, ME will give him time.

We need Harry Potter.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Graham Potter on 22:53 - Apr 1 with 2633 viewsPlums

Going after this sort of manager worries me. Not because he’s not a good coach - he clearly is. But his success is built on so much off the field innovation and activity he has led in the community, it simply isn’t replicable at a bigger club.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Graham Potter on 22:57 - Apr 1 with 2613 viewsyungblue

Graham Potter on 22:53 - Apr 1 by Plums

Going after this sort of manager worries me. Not because he’s not a good coach - he clearly is. But his success is built on so much off the field innovation and activity he has led in the community, it simply isn’t replicable at a bigger club.

I actually listened to one of his best interviews, where he talked about the work he has done in the community, but he interestingly said when he first talk over at Ostersunds, the club had no identify, the fans had lost interest and he wanted the players to develop by expressing themselves and enjoying their football again.

Sounds like the type of mould we need at ITFC right now

Graham Potter on 22:58 - Apr 1 with 2608 viewsyungblue

Graham Potter on 22:49 - Apr 1 by TIB

Only really been linked as an outsider to the Stoke City job, and ultimately they went with Paul Lambert, that was proabably due to the fact he has never managed in English football, so think he love to take the opportunity to manage in the championship to prove himself.

Graham Potter on 23:03 - Apr 1 with 2597 viewsPlums

Graham Potter on 22:57 - Apr 1 by yungblue

I actually listened to one of his best interviews, where he talked about the work he has done in the community, but he interestingly said when he first talk over at Ostersunds, the club had no identify, the fans had lost interest and he wanted the players to develop by expressing themselves and enjoying their football again.

Sounds like the type of mould we need at ITFC right now

I just can’t see our proper blokes getting up for a stint at the culture academy or putting on performances of Swan Lake in the town.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Graham Potter on 23:22 - Apr 1 with 2558 viewsSWGF

Just signed a 4yr contract so certainly a very, very expensive option.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Graham Potter on 01:48 - Apr 2 with 2446 viewsyungblue

Graham Potter on 23:22 - Apr 1 by SWGF

Yeah believe he would be urged to resign beforehand.

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 01:53 - Apr 2 with 2443 viewstextbackup

Graham Potter on 23:03 - Apr 1 by Plums

I just can’t see our proper blokes getting up for a stint at the culture academy or putting on performances of Swan Lake in the town.

I bet they would

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Graham Potter on 05:06 - Apr 2 with 2398 viewsfelixblue

Graham Potter on 01:48 - Apr 2 by yungblue

Yeah believe he would be urged to resign beforehand.

I did mention his name already but nice to see someone else thinking outside the box, I just want the best manager for ITFC not just another has been. Didn't know he had just signed another new deal but maybe he has a clause in there ?? also given that he has worked wonders for them they might just might let him go on to prove himself elsewhere and should he fail with us he always has the fall back of returning home a bit like the current Bournemouth manager.
Graham Potter on 08:18 - Apr 2 with 2318 viewsPendejo

Graham Potter on 23:22 - Apr 1 by SWGF

Everything is relative...

The £10k we paid for Tyrone Mings was probably a big deal for the club we signed him from.

A second hand XC90 with a boot stacked full of lager might just be enough...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Let’s hope he Ostersunds the Championship (n/t) on 09:06 - Apr 2 with 2278 viewsMenton

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Graham Potter on 09:28 - Apr 2 with 2249 viewsSomethingBlue

He is a fascinating option and I've been banging on about him for nearly a year. Just signed a new contract, although with the caveat that he'll leave when he thinks he can't take them any further. Think it'd be astonishing if he takes them any higher than he has and he won't see the four years out, but still don't think he is going anywhere particularly quickly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024