Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When ME sacked Jim 06:21 - Apr 1 with 9435 viewsStevieWhitton

When ME sacked Jim, and appointed Keane, he said he did it to allow the new Manager to have the last few games of that season to allow him to have a look at the squad.

Forward a few years and now it's the complete opposite. How is MM staying benefiting us at all? It wouldn't matter who was in charge of the 1st team. We can't go up or down.

As usual with the Club, just trundling along.
When ME sacked Jim on 07:54 - Apr 2 with 1274 viewschristiand

When ME sacked Jim on 22:21 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

We'll win tomorrow now, just wait.

Hope you're right!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

When ME sacked Jim on 07:59 - Apr 2 with 1271 viewsHoppersblue10

When ME sacked Jim on 19:40 - Apr 1 by christiand

Although other teams have made a similar managerial move, it doesn't make it right. Put MM on gardening leave and pay him until his contract is up to show your loyalty ME, then cover his absence internally until the official replacement is named. As you rightly say Herbivore it is only 7 games, but it could be 7 games for someone else to breathe a little life back into this club rather than drifting aimlessly towards the end of the season under MM. I'd be amazed if we get another win this season everything about the club is flat and lacks direction.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:42]

This. 👍🏻

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

When ME sacked Jim on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 1248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I actually think it will drift for another match or two before MM decides enough is enough and agrees something where he goes early. He is going to gain as little as the club if things do just drift.

Whoever gets caretaker manager (assuming it isn't TC) gains a little experience (if it is TC he has been there, done that several times already but I suppose he could show how he has learnt from those experiences). No one in caretaker control would be considered for the job would they? However, what if they got us playing some football and looking competitive over the last 4 or 5 matches? Is it fair (to them and to the club) to appoint them on that basis?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When ME sacked Jim on 09:50 - Apr 2 with 1222 viewsDarth_Koont

When ME sacked Jim on 08:29 - Apr 1 by TractorWood

Anyone. Just anyone to resolve this madness.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 8:30]

Just a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

Pronouns: He/Him

When ME sacked Jim on 09:54 - Apr 2 with 1215 viewsHerbivore

When ME sacked Jim on 09:50 - Apr 2 by Darth_Koont

It's odd. A week ago people wanted the managerial situation clarified. It's been clarified and Mick is going, which is what people wanted. Now said people are losing their heads because we've lost 1-0 at Birmingham and are adamant that anything other than Mick leaving immediately is unacceptable. Our fans really are bonkers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When ME sacked Jim on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 1197 viewsSwansea_Blue

When ME sacked Jim on 09:50 - Apr 2 by Darth_Koont

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When ME sacked Jim on 10:14 - Apr 2 with 1182 viewsRadlett_blue

When ME sacked Jim on 08:32 - Apr 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I actually think it will drift for another match or two before MM decides enough is enough and agrees something where he goes early. He is going to gain as little as the club if things do just drift.

Whoever gets caretaker manager (assuming it isn't TC) gains a little experience (if it is TC he has been there, done that several times already but I suppose he could show how he has learnt from those experiences). No one in caretaker control would be considered for the job would they? However, what if they got us playing some football and looking competitive over the last 4 or 5 matches? Is it fair (to them and to the club) to appoint them on that basis?

Please explain how putting TC in as a caretaker for the rest of the season might improve anything, especially as he isn't going to be at the club next season.
I could see some point in Mick quietly walking & Nash/Klug seeing out the season, especially if we plan to give young players some experience.
However, the real issue is that we make the right appointment. That doesn't have to be in the next couple of weeks, although I hope a new man is given time to assess who should be given contracts/extensions for next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024