Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If, as some are speculating, Mick and Marcus didn't share the same ambition 14:55 - Mar 29 with 632 viewsFinidiCentenary

Then why would Evans be about to have an on camera interview?

Some are suggesting Mick wanted to stay with funds and Evans isn't prepared to back him with those, based on Mick's comments. But if anything I am inclined to think Evans may be leaning the other way.

I wanted Mick gone, but also don't think too many managers could do a better job at giving us an outside shot of the playoffs on the current budget. They may improve the entertainment or style, keep us safe from the drop, but get us in and around the playoffs on this budget? Probably not.

So the fact Evans is letting Mick walk without a fight suggests to me that he is ready to back a new manager a little and knows if he doesn't then we may well fall below what we already have under Mick.

I just can't see any way that Evans, after 10 years, finally comes on camera (let's not forget he goes to games and some people still don't know what he looks like) and puts his face out there, then appoints an underwhelming manager and gives him no funds. It makes him a target.

Part of me wonders if the club is close to, or has been sold. Even then I wouldn't expect Evans to do an on camera piece but at least it would make some kind of sense. Especially with the change of sponsor. Maybe a goodbye / thank you type thing.

But the most likely scenario is to try and appease fans by accepting mistakes were made, committing to youth, setting out a plan, telling fans we want to try and entertain etc and try and get some of the fans who have left to come back.

I just can't see that Mick wanted money, Marcus said we'll continue to function on scraps and then that's the time he decides to put his face out there. Makes no sense does it!

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024