Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, to sum up the presser 14:01 - Mar 29 with 1902 viewsVic

No more money, Bart off, Jonas off

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So, to sum up the presser on 14:13 - Mar 29 with 1830 viewschristiand

Certainly frustrating that ME appears reluctant to part with more money to boost the playing side. Therefore, what's the point of staying as the owner? If it is that much of a burden pull your bloody finger out ME and sell it. ITFC is his business but he just appears happy to run it down and grind it into the dirt. Why? Lets not forget it has his ME Group branding around the stadium even though PR looks tired and in deperate need of some TLC. Such pride he must have of the club as he parades around his business colleagues. The sooner ME goes the better!

Think many of us thought Bart was going to go due to the hesitation in signing his new contract. So that won't be a surprise for me come the summer. If I was managerial candidate the first thing I'll be asking is what's the budget I'll have for transfers? If it isn't reasonable I'm walking.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So, to sum up the presser on 14:16 - Mar 29 with 1804 viewsDyland

So, to sum up the presser on 14:13 - Mar 29 by christiand

Certainly frustrating that ME appears reluctant to part with more money to boost the playing side. Therefore, what's the point of staying as the owner? If it is that much of a burden pull your bloody finger out ME and sell it. ITFC is his business but he just appears happy to run it down and grind it into the dirt. Why? Lets not forget it has his ME Group branding around the stadium even though PR looks tired and in deperate need of some TLC. Such pride he must have of the club as he parades around his business colleagues. The sooner ME goes the better!

Think many of us thought Bart was going to go due to the hesitation in signing his new contract. So that won't be a surprise for me come the summer. If I was managerial candidate the first thing I'll be asking is what's the budget I'll have for transfers? If it isn't reasonable I'm walking.

Oh not again. There aren't people queuing round the block to buy ITFC. Not for a reasonable/fair price anyway.

People talk as if MEG can, or SHOULD, just write off £50m+. Get in the real world ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So, to sum up the presser on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 1765 viewschristiand

So, to sum up the presser on 14:16 - Mar 29 by Dyland

Oh not again. There aren't people queuing round the block to buy ITFC. Not for a reasonable/fair price anyway.

People talk as if MEG can, or SHOULD, just write off £50m+. Get in the real world ffs.

There are investors out there Dyland as other clubs seem to be able to attract the interest. Only recently Charlton Athletic in League One had buyers interested, but we can't? If ME didn't realise that owning a football club would involve writing off a considerable amount of money, then it just confirms how inept he really is!! He remains the main problem and until he goes the club will continue to stagnate.

So, to sum up the presser on 14:26 - Mar 29 with 1696 viewsDyland

So, to sum up the presser on 14:21 - Mar 29 by christiand

There are investors out there Dyland as other clubs seem to be able to attract the interest. Only recently Charlton Athletic in League One had buyers interested, but we can't? If ME didn't realise that owning a football club would involve writing off a considerable amount of money, then it just confirms how inept he really is!! He remains the main problem and until he goes the club will continue to stagnate.

If MEG had had a reasonable offer Evans would have sold. He's not spunking money up the wall just to p1ss you off :)

So, to sum up the presser on 14:35 - Mar 29 with 1617 viewsBent_double

So, to sum up the presser on 14:16 - Mar 29 by Dyland

Of course he can write off the money he's spent - it was his money, not borrowed funds.

No different to you or I spending tens of thousands on an old car or house just to keep it running, but finding out it hasn't added any value.

The money's gone, spent. Football is an expensive, richpersons hobby nowadays. If someone offers him £10m for the club he should cut his losses and accept.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

"If someone offers him £10m for the club he should cut his losses and accept" on 14:39 - Mar 29 with 1588 viewsDyland

So, to sum up the presser on 14:35 - Mar 29 by Bent_double

Of course he can write off the money he's spent - it was his money, not borrowed funds.

No different to you or I spending tens of thousands on an old car or house just to keep it running, but finding out it hasn't added any value.

The money's gone, spent. Football is an expensive, richpersons hobby nowadays. If someone offers him £10m for the club he should cut his losses and accept.

Arf.

I'm not sure Evans would find your reasoning or analogy particularly compelling.

So, to sum up the presser on 14:45 - Mar 29 with 1512 viewshype313

I wouldn't cite Charlton as a great comparison.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, to sum up the presser on 14:49 - Mar 29 with 1464 viewsartsbossbeard

He'd sell tomorrow if someone came in, I have absolutely no doubt on this.

Sheepshanks sold him a pup and he's simply propping things up until one of the hoards of Arabian Oil tycoons, Russian Oligarchs or Far East consortiums that are queueing outside the PR gates blink first.

Are you renewing?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

So, to sum up the presser on 14:49 - Mar 29 with 1463 viewschristiand

So, to sum up the presser on 14:45 - Mar 29 by hype313

I wouldn't cite Charlton as a great comparison.

Why? I side in a lower division than us can get an investor/potential new owner but we appear unable to. I appreciate off the pitch they are in a mess, but it does show investors can be attracted.

So, to sum up the presser on 14:55 - Mar 29 with 1396 viewschristiand

So, to sum up the presser on 14:49 - Mar 29 by artsbossbeard

He'd sell tomorrow if someone came in, I have absolutely no doubt on this.

Sheepshanks sold him a pup and he's simply propping things up until one of the hoards of Arabian Oil tycoons, Russian Oligarchs or Far East consortiums that are queueing outside the PR gates blink first.

Are you renewing?

I'm waiting to see what develops. If we go and appoint Sam Allardyce or the Cowley brothers then we are in exactly the same boat as we were under MM. I'm holding tight artsbossbeard, although I know you asked me the other day. It was never about the ticket pricing for me personally, I like watching good football so getting the right manager in to encourage this is the main issue for me and has been all along.

I don't disagree with that (n/t) on 14:58 - Mar 29 with 1351 viewsDyland

So, to sum up the presser on 14:55 - Mar 29 by christiand

I'm waiting to see what develops. If we go and appoint Sam Allardyce or the Cowley brothers then we are in exactly the same boat as we were under MM. I'm holding tight artsbossbeard, although I know you asked me the other day. It was never about the ticket pricing for me personally, I like watching good football so getting the right manager in to encourage this is the main issue for me and has been all along.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024