Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe 16:24 - Mar 25 with 2871 viewsLord_Lucan

lation anyway but I don’t get the massive downer on him.

What were you all hoping for? He is a very experienced ex England manager who has actually won something. With the time that he will be afforded it could work out.

What were you expecting? Mogga hasn’t actually been a rip roaring success wherever he’s been.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:30 - Mar 25 with 2840 viewsCoco

You are absolutely right of course. My initial reaction is one of frar and horror but in reality it could be a good fit. Whilst im fearing McClaren we are probably really chasing Steve bloody Cotterill.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:32 - Mar 25 with 2828 viewsGuthrum

People crave excitement - even if it's a really bad idea. McClaren is at least a pretty safe pair of hands and a competent manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:38 - Mar 25 with 2796 viewsGeoffSentence

And he's dutch. Kinda. Sorta.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:41 - Mar 25 with 2795 viewsLord_Lucan

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:30 - Mar 25 by Coco

You are absolutely right of course. My initial reaction is one of frar and horror but in reality it could be a good fit. Whilst im fearing McClaren we are probably really chasing Steve bloody Cotterill.

Anyone bemoaning the possible - and unlikely - hiring of Steve McClaren is rather setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment I think.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Someone younger, with a less..... on 16:48 - Mar 25 with 2770 viewsBloots

..."entrenched" view of the game.

Someone with modern ideas, not an old school manager/coach with views inbuilt after years of plodding around the game.

We've already got one of those.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:49 - Mar 25 with 2763 viewsBasuco

I personally would love to see Steve McClaren at Town, great coach and known for his passing football.
Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:50 - Mar 25 with 2757 viewsBluefish

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:41 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Anyone bemoaning the possible - and unlikely - hiring of Steve McClaren is rather setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment I think.

He will have one good season and then it will become a circus. I can see it being true but he will want a big budget.

Edit: the good season may not last the whole season and once the wheels fall off there will be no going back. His ego will run the club and his signings will be full of themselves on big money. Derby fans say don't touch him with a barge pole
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 16:55]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Someone younger, with a less..... on 16:54 - Mar 25 with 2744 viewsLord_Lucan

Someone younger, with a less..... on 16:48 - Mar 25 by Bloots

..."entrenched" view of the game.

Someone with modern ideas, not an old school manager/coach with views inbuilt after years of plodding around the game.

We've already got one of those.

I can understand your thinking but who in that case?

McClaren is only two years older than Mogga.

Login to get fewer ads

Well it's not my job to..... on 17:03 - Mar 25 with 2709 viewsBloots

Someone younger, with a less..... on 16:54 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

I can understand your thinking but who in that case?

McClaren is only two years older than Mogga.

....scour the world looking for a manager, it's the job of our clueless owner.

But personally I like Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury.

McClaren has been coaching in one way or another for 23 years, he's just a relatively easy option for Evans and nothing more than a safe pair of hands.

Again.

No, that'll be the people.... on 17:05 - Mar 25 with 2690 viewsBloots

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:41 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

....demanding the current manager is sacked and thinking that our owner will make a decent appointment when he goes.

Well it's not my job to..... on 17:47 - Mar 25 with 2559 viewsHennikerBlu

Well it's not my job to..... on 17:03 - Mar 25 by Bloots

....scour the world looking for a manager, it's the job of our clueless owner.

But personally I like Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury.

McClaren has been coaching in one way or another for 23 years, he's just a relatively easy option for Evans and nothing more than a safe pair of hands.

Again.

The sums of money involved in todays game make being a good coach/manager meaningless, unless you can couple that with a good deal of 'nounce' for dealing in the transfer market and for frees/loanees.

In fairness the days of small town/City clubs punching above their weight (for long) have gone, the odd exception proving the rule. The following are squad values: Leicester £210mil, Huddersfield £80mil, Town perhaps £10mil? Man City just for interest £770mil.

Not to mention our £90mil debt, fairly recent brush with administration and the impact of parachute payments on the league. Without substantial investment, I think we will see a manager with established credentials appointed.
Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 17:51 - Mar 25 with 2541 viewsHennikerBlu

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 16:50 - Mar 25 by Bluefish

He will have one good season and then it will become a circus. I can see it being true but he will want a big budget.

Edit: the good season may not last the whole season and once the wheels fall off there will be no going back. His ego will run the club and his signings will be full of themselves on big money. Derby fans say don't touch him with a barge pole
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 16:55]

Yes Derby went wrong, but so did Celtic for Mowbray and really you have only two clubs that should dominate that league.

Are there any perfect candidates that will unite the fan base?.....
Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 17:54 - Mar 25 with 2524 viewsBlueBadger

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 17:51 - Mar 25 by HennikerBlu

Yes Derby went wrong, but so did Celtic for Mowbray and really you have only two clubs that should dominate that league.

Derby of course, went wrong twice.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 18:31 - Mar 25 with 2468 viewsBluefish

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 17:51 - Mar 25 by HennikerBlu

Derby went wrong, boro went wrong, even twente went wrong

Can't really remember forest but I'm guessing that went wrong too

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 18:38 - Mar 25 with 2442 viewswallyvincent

Rather than respond to every McClaren thread - and at the moment it’s just spe on 17:54 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

Derby of course, went wrong twice.

But 1st time round he left them in a better place than where he found them, albeit money had started being spent.

I'm not wild about him, but he's an experienced guy and maybe under Evans he'd get the time to develop a pattern of play and bring on the youngsters, something I'd have more confidence in him doing than others on the manager go round.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024