Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So today 15:48 - Feb 28 with 10474 viewshype313

Maplins and Toys'r'us, have gone into administration. Prezzo are shutting down 100 stores.

Brexits working a dream.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 19:00]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So today on 11:14 - Mar 1 with 1864 viewsitfcjoe

So today on 11:10 - Mar 1 by hype313

Agreed, and to be honest Trongs is the most overrated place within a 50 mile radius of the town.

Surely that is Wongs...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So today on 11:20 - Mar 1 with 1856 viewshype313

So today on 11:14 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Surely that is Wongs...

No doubt Wongs has gone downhill dramatically, but it was only ever a decent local Chinese takeaway, the hyperbole surrounding Trongs is bizarre.

It's ok, but certainly nothing to write home about, not in my opinion anyway.

So today on 11:25 - Mar 1 with 1849 viewsChe

Failed austerity is ruining the economy, people have less spare money to spend on going out (including football) and are looking for cheaper online goods.
So today on 11:35 - Mar 1 with 1831 viewsTractorWood

So today on 11:08 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

I don't think we are saying that it's great, just that it isn't terrible for what i need/want from a town

It has some decent establishments but on the whole it's pretty grim compared to the rest of East Anglia to the (Bury, Cambridge, Newmarket, Norwich all pretty gentrified) and London. If it wasn't for supporting ITFC I'd swerve it with all of the above 4 being preferential.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So today on 11:37 - Mar 1 with 1828 viewsBluefish

So today on 11:35 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

It has some decent establishments but on the whole it's pretty grim compared to the rest of East Anglia to the (Bury, Cambridge, Newmarket, Norwich all pretty gentrified) and London. If it wasn't for supporting ITFC I'd swerve it with all of the above 4 being preferential.

Newmarket? Ffs!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So today on 11:37 - Mar 1 with 1826 viewshype313

Newmarket has more to offer than Ipswich? Not for me.

So today on 11:38 - Mar 1 with 1827 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't classify it as a destination, but as a resident if people do head this way there is plenty enough to do to have a decent day or night here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So today on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 1812 viewsHennikerBlu

So today on 10:59 - Mar 1 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry but I disagree with you and Joe here. You are both holding up a few establishments as beacons of our towns greatness but you are looking at things upside down. Rather than say "Ipswich isn't too bad, we've got Trongs, Arcade etc" you should be saying "Ipswich is sh1te, for such an urban sprawl we've only got Tron gs, Arcade etc"

Having visited nearly every town in the UK in a four week period during "The great product recall" of 2009 I would say that on a scale of population to decentness Ipswich is second from bottom in the country.

To say its second from bottom is a bit of a stretch based on what measures? In this region we have Lowestoft and Gt Yarmouth, how about Colchester, Clacton? Plenty of run down towns in the Midlands, Lincolnshire etc.

The worst part of the town for me is the central high street, but that is like many, as people change their shopping habits, they have done well with the docks. Like many large towns a new strategy is needed. Not forgetting that you have almost a second and third shopping areas over Ravenswood and Martlesham which has taken customers away from the centre (which does reduce traffic from the centre). So to take the whole sprawl and its eateries and shops its pretty reasonable and I can get to the coast in 10mins. Kesgrave Hall is a nice environment and not too pricey for a more upmarket feel.

You hit on precisely the problem it is too spread out, a proper strategy in the centre of Ipswich 20 yrs ago would have made a huge difference and would have discouraged Ipswich people from shopping in Bury St E and Norwich. The High Street is too long and they have done little to sort out the COOP site.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 11:48]
Login to get fewer ads

So today on 11:47 - Mar 1 with 1810 viewsLord_Lucan

So today on 11:20 - Mar 1 by hype313

No doubt Wongs has gone downhill dramatically, but it was only ever a decent local Chinese takeaway, the hyperbole surrounding Trongs is bizarre.

It's ok, but certainly nothing to write home about, not in my opinion anyway.

It's ok but basically it is an English restaurant selling Cantonese food and it tastes the same throughout the world.

IMHO no Cantonese restaurant is different from another - aside from ambience and service.

And the amount of sugar and MSG

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So today on 11:58 - Mar 1 with 1778 viewsRadlett_blue

So today on 11:47 - Mar 1 by Lord_Lucan

It's ok but basically it is an English restaurant selling Cantonese food and it tastes the same throughout the world.

IMHO no Cantonese restaurant is different from another - aside from ambience and service.

And the amount of sugar and MSG

The "generic Chinese" - bit like 75% of the curry houses in England, where you don't actually need to look at the menu.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So today on 11:58 - Mar 1 with 1776 viewsHennikerBlu

Bury St E has done a marvellous job in reinventing itself. But prior to the redevelopment of the Cattle Market (Cinema, retail and car parking), it had started to become a pretty desperate town and a bit rough.

Pleasure to go there now and wonderful history to view. Much Ipswich planners can learn not least of all the significant parking facilities.
So today on 12:04 - Mar 1 with 1761 viewshype313

So today on 11:58 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

The "generic Chinese" - bit like 75% of the curry houses in England, where you don't actually need to look at the menu.

Yep, one base mix and then throw in a couple of extra chillies if someone want's something a bit hotter.

So today on 12:47 - Mar 1 with 1736 viewsTractorWood

So today on 11:37 - Mar 1 by hype313

Newmarket has more to offer than Ipswich? Not for me.

No it doesn't have more to offer but it is less grim. It's had some decent places open in the last few years and I'm convinced it's getting better on the whole whereas Ipswich has had some cool places open and thrive but on the whole is getting worse.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 12:50]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So today on 16:17 - Mar 1 with 1688 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

So today on 11:25 - Mar 1 by Che

Failed austerity is ruining the economy, people have less spare money to spend on going out (including football) and are looking for cheaper online goods.

We could always go your preferred Cuban route where the only thing for sale anywhere are cigarettes or, if you’re lucky, a secondhand toaster
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024