Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn 09:06 - Feb 26 with 9381 viewsunstableblue

We had the debacle and awful display against Burton, we had an positive first half against Norwich (all bluster rather than genuine craft/System), Cardiff some real positives with the new back 3, and then a great first half against Preston and the emergence of some pace and running from a full debutant.

Let’s see if it’s genuine progress in the next two winnable games.

I can’t help but feel we’ve been here before. I don’t think the system and distribution can truly release the likes of Carayol, or before that Celina. I think the wing backs lack some real quality. And the elephant in the room is that Hyam, Connolly and skuse are not capable of both grabbing a game and the creativity and playmaker role that micks system requires. Long ball will continue with too much lost ball.

I do hope we have a real run. And I’ll be at a sparesly populated Portman Road for Hull. But mick will have to fix so many things, to win back the 75% of fans he has lost.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:18 - Feb 26 with 3260 viewshammo56

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 11:57 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

And two defeats in our last eight — it can all be spun any way you like.

And out of those 8 games we have played 4 at home, won 1 and scored 1 goal.
Might be wrong but somehow don't think that sort of form will get people rushing back to PR.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 3261 viewsSomethingBlue

Oh and hang on, I have to call you out on another bit — *Mick* has lost us 75% of our fans? I must have slept through the bulging capacity crowds the year he took over.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:40 - Feb 26 with 3226 viewsHerbivore

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:18 - Feb 26 by hammo56

And out of those 8 games we have played 4 at home, won 1 and scored 1 goal.
Might be wrong but somehow don't think that sort of form will get people rushing back to PR.

And we've played 4 away, won 2 and scored 5.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:40 - Feb 26 with 3231 viewsDarth_Koont

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:21 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

Oh and hang on, I have to call you out on another bit — *Mick* has lost us 75% of our fans? I must have slept through the bulging capacity crowds the year he took over.

He's probably using the poll that says 75% of fans want Mick to leave. But most of that will change if Mick starts winning more games as everyone knows we need to do anyway.

And I put myself among the 75% largely because of the horrible negativity a minority is pushing so relentlessly — and almost all of it onto Mick. Anything to have a break from that.

(Even though they'll likely rear their head again with a new manager because underlying difficulties like budget, Evans's leadership and the state of football at this level aren't going away.)

Pronouns: He/Him

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 3213 viewsPJH

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:21 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

I think all that means in some cases is that they no longer switch their radio's on on a Saturday afternoon.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:55 - Feb 26 with 3193 viewshammo56

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 12:40 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

And we've played 4 away, won 2 and scored 5.

Unfortunately though the majority of fans won’t have seen those away games and will only remember what they had seen at PR.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 3183 viewsBadgerBajner

Looking at the table, we are 6 points off 6th place, 18 points above the relegation zone, in fact 8 points above 15th.

POs is unlikely, as there are 7 teams above us to overhaul. Surely this is the time for MM to ditch his more cautious approach and just go for it. It's unlikely we are going to finish lower than 14th anyway, so why not be more attacking, playing 4 of Garner, Waghorn, Carayol, Celina and Sears.

We are in to the strange stage of the season where those in the top positions start to wobble, drop points against teams they expect to beat, normally a team from nowhere steals in to the play offs at the death. It could be us if we play with an attacking intent, with no pressure or expectation. Who knows, maybe it will encourage fans back, and possibly give us a taste of how things could be next season.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 13:21 - Feb 26 with 3166 viewsVic

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 09:11 - Feb 26 by No9

As P.O.'s look too hopeful & relegation very unlikely now is the time Team Management should look to build a credible midfield (the achillies heel for far too long) to really move forward next season.

Had Huws, Dozzell, Adeyemi and Nydam all been fit and playing do you reckon he'd still need to build a credible midfield?

And others saying that he won't use youngsters - I can only ask, where is the evidence of that? Last season he gave the youngsters more minutes than any other team in division, bar two I think. This season he started with Dozzell, Downes and Nydam all playing regularly until injuries got the better of them. He may be guilty of many things, but I honestly don;t think this is a stick with which we can beat the manager.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 3139 viewsRadlett_blue

If Mick is to stay, I'd like to see some signs that he's actually thinking about next season & largely playing players whom he thinks will be at the club next season. So, fewer loanees in the squad (unless we might have a chance of having them here next season).
That's unlikely as I'm sure Mick will want to finish as high as possible.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 14:41 - Feb 26 with 3100 viewsbritbiker

It may be an oxymoron but we are consistently inconsistent.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 3077 viewsunstableblue

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 11:12 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Dozzell has the ability to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. He did so superbly against Brizzle at home last season in the second half and did so in his only game this season. Not sure if Downes is quite that player, seems more of a tenacious box to box type whereas Dozzer is definitely a playmaker.

Certainly hope so Herbivore, I’ve not seen enough of him just yet.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:06 - Feb 26 with 3069 viewsLightningboy

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 09:15 - Feb 26 by SWGF

They'll do well to build a credible midfield with the current options.

Not sure what Gleeson’s done wrong to be omitted?..looked like a decent player with an eye for a forward pass to me.

The big problem is even if Huws,Adeyemi,Bishop,Dozzell,Nydam & Downes were all fit/here,there’s only 1 central midfield place up for grabs as Skuse is nailed on week in week out no matter how poor he is.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:07 - Feb 26 with 3061 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:06 - Feb 26 by Lightningboy

Not sure what Gleeson’s done wrong to be omitted?..looked like a decent player with an eye for a forward pass to me.

The big problem is even if Huws,Adeyemi,Bishop,Dozzell,Nydam & Downes were all fit/here,there’s only 1 central midfield place up for grabs as Skuse is nailed on week in week out no matter how poor he is.

That’s probably because he’s very rarely poor, and the best defensive midfielder we have by a country mile

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 3047 viewsblueislander

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:07 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s probably because he’s very rarely poor, and the best defensive midfielder we have by a country mile

There are many of us who would profoundly disagree with that. I would go as far as to say that having Skuse in midfield is preventing us from playing attractive football.
We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 3045 viewsHerbivore

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:17 - Feb 26 by blueislander

There are many of us who would profoundly disagree with that. I would go as far as to say that having Skuse in midfield is preventing us from playing attractive football.

Ha!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:23 - Feb 26 with 3039 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We’ve been here so many time before.. hint at genuine progress or a false dawn on 15:17 - Feb 26 by blueislander

😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024