Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? 14:17 - Feb 18 with 2200 viewsDublinBlue84

Listening to the phone-in we're seeing some attempt to justify it from the host, no doubt the usual cosying up to the club interview will take place soon.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 14:19]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Was McCarthy Justified in swearing at the fans? on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 2185 viewsjas0999

Not in my opinion.
Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:19 - Feb 18 with 2173 viewsCrofty

In a word - No
Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:20 - Feb 18 with 2135 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm glad we have all decided that's what was happening. It's nice to know that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:22 - Feb 18 with 2074 viewspointofblue

I am smiling at the thought of Brenner trying to ask the question in such a way that the answer can be broadcast on a Sunday afternoon!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:22 - Feb 18 with 2065 viewsLankHenners

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:20 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

I'm glad we have all decided that's what was happening. It's nice to know that.

Ridiculous, yet sadly predictable, that so many have seemingly forgotten there was a game of football on today, instead desperately falling over themselves to paint themselves a victim in order to abuse the manager once again. Utterly, utterly pathetic.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 2026 viewsSomethingBlue

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:22 - Feb 18 by LankHenners

Ridiculous, yet sadly predictable, that so many have seemingly forgotten there was a game of football on today, instead desperately falling over themselves to paint themselves a victim in order to abuse the manager once again. Utterly, utterly pathetic.

It's genuinely very sad that so many people loathe themselves to the degree they show here.

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 2018 viewssparks

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:22 - Feb 18 by LankHenners

To be fair, it was a pretty extraordinary incident if intended as it appears. Even the wife commented on it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:26 - Feb 18 with 1952 viewsbraveblue

Have you ever seen a manager of any club react like that? He said he wanted to win it for the fans. That is hardly clear from that reaction. Disgraceful.
Login to get fewer ads

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 1919 viewsDublinBlue84

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:22 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

I am smiling at the thought of Brenner trying to ask the question in such a way that the answer can be broadcast on a Sunday afternoon!

You assume it's going to be asked in the proper way.

ITFC supply commentators to Radio Suffolk, Radio Suffolk will not want to risk that so they wll suck up to the club like always.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 1913 viewsSomethingBlue

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:26 - Feb 18 by braveblue

Have you ever seen a manager of any club react like that? He said he wanted to win it for the fans. That is hardly clear from that reaction. Disgraceful.

It just looked like spur-of-the-moment elation/aggression to me. See it in football every week.

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:29 - Feb 18 with 1875 viewsLankHenners

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:23 - Feb 18 by sparks

To be fair, it was a pretty extraordinary incident if intended as it appears. Even the wife commented on it.

Hard to really tell who it was aimed at - shouting 'fck off' as a release in a moment of celebration is hardly a problem (indeed, people were gleefully sharing the clip of Mick shouting it directly at Bradley Johnson from the match a few years ago). Anyone using the footage as proof either way is being very disingenuous.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 1860 viewsBloomBlue

Yes if fans were telling him to f off. The fans should stop being snowflakes if you cannot take it don't give it out.
Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 1841 viewsRyorry

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:27 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

It just looked like spur-of-the-moment elation/aggression to me. See it in football every week.

IF it were aimed at the fans, I'm sorry, but he's supposed to be a professional.

How can he expect the players to remain disciplined on the pitch, if he can't remain disciplined himself off it?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 1835 viewssparks

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:29 - Feb 18 by LankHenners

Hard to really tell who it was aimed at - shouting 'fck off' as a release in a moment of celebration is hardly a problem (indeed, people were gleefully sharing the clip of Mick shouting it directly at Bradley Johnson from the match a few years ago). Anyone using the footage as proof either way is being very disingenuous.

The footage showing the whole thing and the agressive stare which goes with it, at the Town end, is clearly evidence which is relevant. Plainly its not clear proof, but it is significant evidence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:37 - Feb 18 with 1755 viewsconnorscontract

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:30 - Feb 18 by sparks

The footage showing the whole thing and the agressive stare which goes with it, at the Town end, is clearly evidence which is relevant. Plainly its not clear proof, but it is significant evidence.

As I say in a different thread, there is a possibility that a Norwich player may have been on the same angle who said something to him as he was celebrating.

Otherwise it is in the direction of the Town fans.

However, I'm hearing that Town fans had been singing "Mick McCarthy, your football is sh1t" which if true makes that response more understandable, if not fully justifiable.

But on first viewing it looks awful, the glare even more than the swearing: anger bordering on hate.
Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:37 - Feb 18 with 1755 viewsnshearman1

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:30 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

IF it were aimed at the fans, I'm sorry, but he's supposed to be a professional.

How can he expect the players to remain disciplined on the pitch, if he can't remain disciplined himself off it?

Whether or not he meant to tell our own fans to f off, the fact that he made it look like that on national TV is really disgraceful. He should be way old enough and experienced enough not to do that. It reflects the fact that sadly the criticism - and he's taken a lot of it - has got to him. I think he's a decent man but he's allowed this rift to widen on various occasions and doesn't seem able to contain himself. However, unfortunately I think he'll still be here next season. It suits ME financially, and the stubborn old b****r is clearly determined to prove his critics wrong.
on 14:38 - Feb 18 with 1742 views_

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:23 - Feb 18 by sparks

Was McCarthy Justified in apparently swearing at the fans? on 14:44 - Feb 18 with 1702 viewsstantheman

Many think our team is poor and many think our manager is rubbish. The main issue is some of our fans are utterly idiotic. We are all disappointed but some of the comments I have read could be written by someone who has never watched football in their lives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024