Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments 16:51 - Feb 13 with 6778 viewsmonytowbray

Would you be happy if Mick stayed for another two years but Evans said he could have £5-10m to spend next season?

Also, if you are one of those people who won't go until Mick/Evans has gone, would it be enough to bring you back?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 20:16 - Feb 13 with 1147 viewsElderGrizzly

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:01 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

Sorry, should have added, that would be on transfer fees.

Effectively what ever we spend on transfer fees would need to be almost matched in about a 50% increase in wages.

£10m would get you 2/3 of an Assombalonga or about half a Neves. Not saying we should or would ever spend that on a player, but it shows how those level of players blow that £10m and more in one swoop.

As others have said, i don’t think it is about the money, but about the manager.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 20:20 - Feb 13 with 1141 viewsbluehook

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 16:54 - Feb 13 by hype313

Trouble is £5-10m is peanuts these days, most of that will go on a couple of players wages, that's why Evans, In my eyes, is desperate for Mick to stay as he keeps us competitive on a shoestring budget and is scared witless about what will happen if he left.

We could lose another 3-4k ST holders and I truly think Evans won't be bothered, as long as Mick stays.

“Keeps us competitive” at what - being mid table and boring as feck to watch?
but mick would need 15 milllion on 20:42 - Feb 13 with 1128 viewsunstableblue

I believe he needs a Fraser, Murphy, and a Berra. And perhaps a decent central mid.

We need spending but we also need a technical manager to gel it all.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 21:15 - Feb 13 with 1110 viewshype313

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 20:20 - Feb 13 by bluehook

“Keeps us competitive” at what - being mid table and boring as feck to watch?

I'm not saying it's right or enjoyable but it's the reality. Evans doesn't have the stomach or funds to compete with other clubs, especially ones with parachute payments so his only option is to make sure we remain in this league at the very least.

Which is why I think he will try everything in his power to keep Mick, whether Mick's stays is another matter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 1024 viewsblueblood66

no Mick out, he will never change mindset
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 13:38 - Feb 14 with 1015 viewsitfcjoe

Personally no. I have no doubt Mick would spend it well, but his relationship with the fans is beyond the point of repair so we will always be one defeat away from a negative atmosphere around the whole place - as this year has shown

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024