Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell next season 09:57 - Feb 13 with 16659 viewsBluefish

This won't be popular but the best thing we could do is get the fella out on loan for at least the 1st half of the season. He needs to be a world beater not a bit part.

This has nothing to do with who our manager will be, I would just rather see long term gain put ahead of short term.

Flynn Downes will hopefully come back all the better for his loan and go straight in.

If we are serious about our academy we should have a production line of players loaned through the levels.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Andre Dozzell next season on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 4755 viewslongtimefan

I think the only issue with sending youth players out on loan is the level the majority end up playing, either Confrrence Premier or Conference North/South rather than L1 or 2. That’s not to say the experience isn’t valuable but the football is very different. I also know that it’s not for the lack of trying from the Club to get them playing at a higher level, but a general reluctance from L1 and 2 clubs to take them. Which sort of illustrates how well regarded Flynn Downes must be to get on the team sheet of a team at the top of L2.
Andre Dozzell next season on 17:41 - Feb 13 with 4722 viewsjaykay

on 14:09 - Feb 13 by _

again that hasnt happen with this club. even phil could add titus to the list.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

on 17:47 - Feb 13 with 4715 views_

Andre Dozzell next season on 17:41 - Feb 13 by jaykay

Andre Dozzell next season on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 4713 viewschicoazul

Andre Dozzell next season on 17:41 - Feb 13 by jaykay

You make a fair point but it is also probably fair to say reserve football, such as it is, does nothing to help prepare youngsters for making the jump to league football nowadays the way it did probably even 6 or 7 years ago. So sending Downes Nydam Morris etc out on loan may now prove to be a better way of getting them ready for the first team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Andre Dozzell next season on 08:22 - Feb 14 with 4657 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:07 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

You really do chat sh(t sometimes.

Dozzell is the most gifted player at the club, terrible idea.

Don’t get your hopes up he could well be another hyam / thatonewithshinsplintswhosenameiforgot
Andre Dozzell next season on 11:01 - Feb 14 with 4641 viewstheblueginger

For me is has got to be involved from the start of next season, as has Downes.

Fans will need to be patient to the fact they will have off days, but those 2, with
Huws/Adeyemi/Skuse and another proper goalscoring CM would be excellent, before we even get to Bishop, Nydam etc.
Andre Dozzell next season on 11:03 - Feb 14 with 4640 viewsNo9

Flynn Downes will, if reports are true, be a major cog in Luton's football wheel & playing a type of football unlikely to be played at PR unless MM goes.
It will be up to whoever is TM to fit him in.
Andre Dozzell next season on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 4282 viewsBluefish

Called this one. It makes sense

Login to get fewer ads

If he's fit he's good enough to be a nailed on starter for ITFC (n/t) on 14:35 - Aug 11 with 4261 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell next season on 14:27 - Aug 11 by Bluefish

Called this one. It makes sense

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Andre Dozzell next season on 09:12 - Jan 9 with 3938 viewsBluefish

I expect all parties regret this now. 3rd choice and has not developed at all in this time

Andre Dozzell next season on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 3709 viewsBluefish

Andre Dozzell next season on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 3682 viewsBenters2

Andre Dozzell next season on 09:27 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

Boooo Truce out!
Andre Dozzell next season on 10:03 - Apr 28 with 3651 viewsartsbossbeard

I've said this for the last two seasons.

Division 3 football isn't going to be for him unless he gets some meat in his bones either.

Time to cash in and let him be another clubs issue.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:08 - Apr 28 with 3638 viewsartsbossbeard

Didn't see the dates of these posts, soz.

Fishers called it correct.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 3614 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:03 - Apr 28 by artsbossbeard

I've said this for the last two seasons.

Division 3 football isn't going to be for him unless he gets some meat in his bones either.

Time to cash in and let him be another clubs issue.

While we're here, for what it's worth, Dozzell's game would benefit hugely right now with a couple of seasons in the Spanish or German league, would suit his game and the experience and confidence he'd gain would be massive for him, a loss for us but it would broaden him as a player no doubt....he's already technically good enough..
Andre Dozzell next season on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 3592 viewspointofblue

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:18 - Apr 28 by strikalite

While we're here, for what it's worth, Dozzell's game would benefit hugely right now with a couple of seasons in the Spanish or German league, would suit his game and the experience and confidence he'd gain would be massive for him, a loss for us but it would broaden him as a player no doubt....he's already technically good enough..

Is he though? He shows flashes of quality but disappears for the majority of matches. He cannot retain the ball and he struggles to pass or dribble on most occasions. I think it’s either a case of loan him to a League Two side next season or cut our losses; I’d prefer the former personally and give him one more shot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:29 - Apr 28 with 3589 viewsmrshallisfit

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:07 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

You really do chat sh(t sometimes.

Dozzell is the most gifted player at the club, terrible idea.

Is he, Wish he'd show it.
Andre Dozzell next season on 11:26 - Apr 28 with 3538 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:27 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Is he though? He shows flashes of quality but disappears for the majority of matches. He cannot retain the ball and he struggles to pass or dribble on most occasions. I think it’s either a case of loan him to a League Two side next season or cut our losses; I’d prefer the former personally and give him one more shot.

His touch is first class, always looking for pockets of space, always looking for a one touch pass, all this "like a lost boy" stuff is simply because imo he sees the game ahead of the rest and for me apart from Bishop they aren't good enough to work with him...he passes and moves, then we lose the ball and he's dead, out of the game...ball retention overseas with technically better players would suit him, League Two loan would destroy him.
Andre Dozzell next season on 12:45 - Apr 28 with 3488 viewspointofblue

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:26 - Apr 28 by strikalite

His touch is first class, always looking for pockets of space, always looking for a one touch pass, all this "like a lost boy" stuff is simply because imo he sees the game ahead of the rest and for me apart from Bishop they aren't good enough to work with him...he passes and moves, then we lose the ball and he's dead, out of the game...ball retention overseas with technically better players would suit him, League Two loan would destroy him.

The best players adapt to the scenario they’re in - they spot plays that others will read instead of constantly trying things outside their remit. They stay in the game and dictate the tempo and control of midfield. Dozzell does none of that and it’s nothing to do with his age as Downes, Nydam and Bishop have shown that ability.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 3466 viewsbraveblue

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:11 - Feb 13 by hype313

If we were in the PL, then you might have a point, but we're not, and the Championship is a great place for someone like Dozzell to come into.

Also, he has been excellent whenever he has played for us, he shone for the national team, what makes you think chucking him into League 2 would make him better than he would be in our first team? He clearly has the talent to hold his own in our first team.

Did I miss something? Always excellent? Gone missing the last few times he has played and knocked off the ball too easily.
Andre Dozzell next season on 14:22 - Apr 28 with 3439 viewsNo9

I'm sure his minders will do what is best for him but that will likely be to a permanent move rather than as a loan.
Andre Dozzell next season on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 3398 viewsArnieM

Tbh Dozzell has failed to put down his mark on a first team place. He lacks physical presence, is mostly anonymous during games when he does come on.

I don’t know if that cruciate injury has done for him, or if he was another example of a brilliant youngster , just not quite able to make his mark at senior level?

If it’s his injury / recovery, he might need a whole season playing regularly and a summer break beefing up to cope with the physical demands in the game.

For those suggesting sell, well I doubt we’d get much for him now. If we had to sell anyone , I suspect it will be Bart. Gerkin is more than good enough for League One, and Lambert could use the Bart money to get a decent striker. One with physicality. Keane is far too injury prone and I’ll be very disappointed if we sign him, we need to offload ALL the injury prone players 9n our books this summer. Come to an agreement about their contracts and get rid.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Andre Dozzell next season on 17:05 - Apr 28 with 3368 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozzell next season on 12:45 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

The best players adapt to the scenario they’re in - they spot plays that others will read instead of constantly trying things outside their remit. They stay in the game and dictate the tempo and control of midfield. Dozzell does none of that and it’s nothing to do with his age as Downes, Nydam and Bishop have shown that ability.

He has a football brain, I can see that, a different player to Bishop obviously, but nobody can quickly see a pass like Dozzell, my opinion he'd learn far more in the German league for example, much more possession based....
Andre Dozzell next season on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 3344 viewsfloridaboy

Andre Dozzell next season on 16:41 - Apr 28 by ArnieM

Tbh Dozzell has failed to put down his mark on a first team place. He lacks physical presence, is mostly anonymous during games when he does come on.

I don’t know if that cruciate injury has done for him, or if he was another example of a brilliant youngster , just not quite able to make his mark at senior level?

If it’s his injury / recovery, he might need a whole season playing regularly and a summer break beefing up to cope with the physical demands in the game.

For those suggesting sell, well I doubt we’d get much for him now. If we had to sell anyone , I suspect it will be Bart. Gerkin is more than good enough for League One, and Lambert could use the Bart money to get a decent striker. One with physicality. Keane is far too injury prone and I’ll be very disappointed if we sign him, we need to offload ALL the injury prone players 9n our books this summer. Come to an agreement about their contracts and get rid.

Agree but Bart wont bring in much. Been poor this season. He may want to move on if he has to take a pay cut which seems likely.

But at best he will be a bench warmer somewhere. If he is prepared to take the pay cut I for one would like to see him here as No 1. A decent pre season and no World Cup distraction would be a massive help to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024