Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell next season 09:57 - Feb 13 with 16664 viewsBluefish

This won't be popular but the best thing we could do is get the fella out on loan for at least the 1st half of the season. He needs to be a world beater not a bit part.

This has nothing to do with who our manager will be, I would just rather see long term gain put ahead of short term.

Flynn Downes will hopefully come back all the better for his loan and go straight in.

If we are serious about our academy we should have a production line of players loaned through the levels.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:32 - Feb 13 with 4209 viewsWestcountryblue

Andre Dozzell next season on 10:45 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

It is highly unlikely that we will have the same injury crisis again next season so we will have

Skuse
Huws
Adeyemi
Downes
Bishop
Ward
Hyam
Nydam (if not loaned)
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 10:46]

I think Hyam will probably move on, Ward utilised out wide and one of Downes, Dozzell or Bishop will head out on loan.

Wouldn't be against the idea of phasing out Skuse in favour of Downes and moving forward with a young midfield 3.
Andre Dozzell next season on 11:38 - Feb 13 with 4192 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:23 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

Would love to see those three in a central three, Downes sitting, Nydam doing the running and Dozzell pulling the strings. Bit of exerience in front and behind and we'd have a midfield full of beans, admittedly inexperienced, but we're getting nowhere with Skuse in the side.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 11:27]

A midfield diamond with Skuse sitting, Huws at the top and the three youngsters rotating along with Adeyemi to the left and right could work well. We'd need the full backs getting up and down and to actually keep the ball but there'd be real quality in that midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 4182 viewschristiand

I agree with this Truce. I doubt that Dozzell will be ready to instantly return to our first team after such a serious injury and being out of the game for so long. A loan to a decent League 1 or 2 club for a few months would do him the world of good and get him up to speed quickly. Sitting on our bench, playing the odd 20 minutes or playing for our U23s won't do the job, he needs to be playing regularly at a decent standard .

Also, I believe the loan of Flynn Downes will be the making of this young lad too especially to somewhere like Luton Town who are a good side and have ambitions of their own.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 13:37]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 4178 viewsBiGDonnie

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:38 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

A midfield diamond with Skuse sitting, Huws at the top and the three youngsters rotating along with Adeyemi to the left and right could work well. We'd need the full backs getting up and down and to actually keep the ball but there'd be real quality in that midfield.

I stopped reading after I saw the name Skuse ;o)

Seriously, he's never achieved anything in the game. While an ok player, Id ratehr us put the time and effort into one of these three youngens. Adeyemi is a crock and can't play more than two games it seems.

We need to try something different. Desperate for a new manager with new ideas. I wonder if whoever we get keeps Skuse in the side, be interesting.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:56 - Feb 13 with 4168 viewsPJH

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:52 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

Seriously, he's never achieved anything in the game. While an ok player, Id ratehr us put the time and effort into one of these three youngens. Adeyemi is a crock and can't play more than two games it seems.

We need to try something different. Desperate for a new manager with new ideas. I wonder if whoever we get keeps Skuse in the side, be interesting.

For someone that boasted about turning your son against ITFC you seem to have quite a lot to say about us.

Now 57 years and counting since your Spurs won the League, that is not very good is it?
Andre Dozzell next season on 11:59 - Feb 13 with 4165 viewsBiGDonnie

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:56 - Feb 13 by PJH

For someone that boasted about turning your son against ITFC you seem to have quite a lot to say about us.

Now 57 years and counting since your Spurs won the League, that is not very good is it?

C'mon gramps, nothing wrong with wanting the boy to support a club who actually strive to achieve things instead of a club who distance themselves form the fanbase with every waking day.

Time you got over it, come see me at the next game, I'll let you buy me a beer.

COYBs

Andre Dozzell next season on 12:14 - Feb 13 with 4150 viewsFixed_It

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:59 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

C'mon gramps, nothing wrong with wanting the boy to support a club who actually strive to achieve things instead of a club who distance themselves form the fanbase with every waking day.

'...nothing wrong?

Well - apart from just about everything!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Andre Dozzell next season on 12:50 - Feb 13 with 4127 viewsjaykay

just out of interest how many players have been out on loan and have come back here and been a first team regular.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell next season on 12:50 - Feb 13 with 4125 viewsBiGDonnie

Andre Dozzell next season on 12:50 - Feb 13 by jaykay

just out of interest how many players have been out on loan and have come back here and been a first team regular.

Harry Kane.

Ooops, wrong board

COYBs

on 13:24 - Feb 13 with 4100 views_

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:26 - Feb 13 with 4095 viewsPJH

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:59 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

I am not going to get over it and I do not see how anyone else that saw your thread boasting about it can either.
You made your feelings about ITFC very clear in that thread so for that reason I give anything you post about us exactly the amount of respect it deserves.
Andre Dozzell next season on 13:29 - Feb 13 with 4092 viewsBiGDonnie

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:26 - Feb 13 by PJH

I am not going to get over it and I do not see how anyone else that saw your thread boasting about it can either.
You made your feelings about ITFC very clear in that thread so for that reason I give anything you post about us exactly the amount of respect it deserves.

Pathetic silly man!

COYBs

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:33 - Feb 13 with 4084 viewsPJH

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:29 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

Pathetic silly man!

Yes but it is a bit late you admitting that fact and apologising now, you posted it.
Andre Dozzell next season on 13:36 - Feb 13 with 4079 viewsjaykay

on 13:24 - Feb 13 by _

so one then. i was thinking about this the other day,when posters kept saying so and so should go out on loan. it doesn't seem to be very successful

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 4072 viewsRadlett_blue

An interesting point. apart from Tommy Smith, I guess the answer is zero. The big problem now is that U23 football doesn't really prepare a player for the Championship so therefore we loan out far more players. Some will obviously be good enough, while the best ones get snapped up by he PL clubs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:40 - Feb 13 with 4067 viewsBiGDonnie

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:33 - Feb 13 by PJH

Yes but it is a bit late you admitting that fact and apologising now, you posted it.

I'm not apologising, I stand by my decision. ITFC have done f**k all for anyone this last ten years. The footballs sh*t, the managers a blunt pr*ck, prices go up, and the chairman shows zero ambition.

If my old man had told me to support them these days I'd tell him to jog. ITFC used to be an exciting club to follow with a proud history. We've fallen so far behind the curve its embarrasing.

You won't be pleased to know that my boy isn't the only fan ITFC have lost over these past ten years.

Still, I'll never stop supporting them you'll be pleased to know.

COYBs

on 13:41 - Feb 13 with 4063 views_

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:36 - Feb 13 by jaykay

so one then. i was thinking about this the other day,when posters kept saying so and so should go out on loan. it doesn't seem to be very successful

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:45 - Feb 13 with 4057 viewstextbackup

Doz and Downes in a tiny amount of time have shown they are already ahead of most of our first time CMs. Be a little silly wasting that in league 2

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:45 - Feb 13 with 4056 viewsPhilTWTD

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:39 - Feb 13 by Radlett_blue

An interesting point. apart from Tommy Smith, I guess the answer is zero. The big problem now is that U23 football doesn't really prepare a player for the Championship so therefore we loan out far more players. Some will obviously be good enough, while the best ones get snapped up by he PL clubs.

Titus spent time at Colchester, going back a bit. Surprised there haven't been more given it's pretty much a rite of passage for young players these days.
on 13:47 - Feb 13 with 4044 views_

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:45 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Doz and Downes in a tiny amount of time have shown they are already ahead of most of our first time CMs. Be a little silly wasting that in league 2

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:47 - Feb 13 with 4040 viewsKieran_Knows

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:45 - Feb 13 by PhilTWTD

Titus spent time at Colchester, going back a bit. Surprised there haven't been more given it's pretty much a rite of passage for young players these days.

I've always thought the same. I appreciate they like to promote their own youth players, but 1 or 2 a season from us wouldn't hurt them i'm sure.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Andre Dozzell next season on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 4037 viewsPhilTWTD

on 13:47 - Feb 13 by _

Dozzell certainly looked more comfortable at this level than previously in the sadly brief spell in the Birmingham game, but I thought Downes was very up and down in his stints in the side. Some games he showed his potential, others the game went on around him a bit, which shouldn't be a surprise given he's made only five starts and seven sub appearances at this level and is 19.
Andre Dozzell next season on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 4003 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell next season on 11:52 - Feb 13 by BiGDonnie

What do you count as not achieving anything in the game? I'd say a career as an ever present in CM in the second tier of English football is a good achievement, certainly you're talking a minority of professional players (none on our books) who have achieved more.

Anyway, if you're going to give the youngsters some game time you also need some experience alongside them and Skuse is ideal. He reads the game as well as anyone at this level and would do a lot of the unglamourous side of the game whilst the youngsters can express themselves a bit more and learn that side of the game from him. Just chucking Dozzell, Downes and Nydam in every week with no experienced heads alongside them would be suicide and would do the young lads no favours.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell next season on 14:04 - Feb 13 with 3998 viewsjaykay

on 13:41 - Feb 13 by _

i agree we always gave a youth a chance right from the robsons days. that why i queried the bit where posters keep on about sending players out on loan.

on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 3991 views_

Andre Dozzell next season on 14:04 - Feb 13 by jaykay

i agree we always gave a youth a chance right from the robsons days. that why i queried the bit where posters keep on about sending players out on loan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024