Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Embassy Bangkok 08:01 - Feb 1 with 2852 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

The UK has just sold its embassy site in Bangkok for £420 million. The site measures 10 acres. A hell of a lot of money if you ask me.
British Embassy Bangkok on 08:24 - Feb 1 with 2809 viewsMJallday

i believe it happened in just one night.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

British Embassy Bangkok on 08:30 - Feb 1 with 2795 viewsTractorWood

I just have an image of all of our diplomats spending the proceeds on one debaucherous night out.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

British Embassy Bangkok on 09:12 - Feb 1 with 2764 viewsLord_Lucan

Where do you live in Thailand TB?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

British Embassy Bangkok on 09:21 - Feb 1 with 2739 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

British Embassy Bangkok on 09:12 - Feb 1 by Lord_Lucan

Where do you live in Thailand TB?

I live in a city called Khon Kaen.
British Embassy Bangkok on 11:42 - Feb 1 with 2668 viewsLord_Lucan

British Embassy Bangkok on 09:21 - Feb 1 by THAILAND_BLUE

I live in a city called Khon Kaen.

Up north, I bet it's hot right now.

Silly question, is there a nightlife up there with bar girls and all that or do they all move south?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

British Embassy Bangkok on 16:35 - Feb 1 with 2574 viewsGeoffSentence

For that sort of money, it must have planning permission.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

British Embassy Bangkok on 19:28 - Feb 1 with 2529 viewsbournemouthblue

Have they moved to a new one, have we a made a profit?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:25 - Feb 2 with 2434 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

British Embassy Bangkok on 11:42 - Feb 1 by Lord_Lucan

Up north, I bet it's hot right now.

Silly question, is there a nightlife up there with bar girls and all that or do they all move south?

Hi Lucan

Khon Kaen is in the northeast. We have 3 seasons...winter, summer and rainy. We are currently in the winter months and the average day time temperature for winter is around 32 degrees.
Plenty of nightlife with a combination of bars and nighclubs. KK is home to the second largest university in Thailand so you can imagine there are plenty of pretty girls. There's also a lot of young working ladies looking for western boyfriends. Most of them have university degrees and work in hotels, banks and offices.
Login to get fewer ads

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:34 - Feb 2 with 2431 viewsLord_Lucan

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:25 - Feb 2 by THAILAND_BLUE

Hi Lucan

Khon Kaen is in the northeast. We have 3 seasons...winter, summer and rainy. We are currently in the winter months and the average day time temperature for winter is around 32 degrees.
Plenty of nightlife with a combination of bars and nighclubs. KK is home to the second largest university in Thailand so you can imagine there are plenty of pretty girls. There's also a lot of young working ladies looking for western boyfriends. Most of them have university degrees and work in hotels, banks and offices.

Morning TB.

Sounds great, I must make an Isan effort before I get too old.

I really have no idea what it’s like up there, unfortunately I presume it has the usual KFC and McDonalds infiltration.

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:35 - Feb 2 with 2431 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

British Embassy Bangkok on 19:28 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

Have they moved to a new one, have we a made a profit?

Hi BB

They currently rent space in an office block. The old embassy must have cost the UK a fortune to run and maintain. Quite a few services have been outsourced to companies outside of Thailand. When I had to change my passport 5 years a go it got renewed in Hong Kong. I think that has changed again and all passports are issued in the UK now. The visa service is another change. Although you can submit your forms in Bangkok, the final decision and visa is processed in India.
British Embassy Bangkok on 03:41 - Feb 2 with 2426 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:34 - Feb 2 by Lord_Lucan

Morning TB.

Sounds great, I must make an Isan effort before I get too old.

I really have no idea what it’s like up there, unfortunately I presume it has the usual KFC and McDonalds infiltration.

Yes, but there are still a lot of inexpensive restaurants serving Isan and Thai food. We also have a very good night market.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297926-d3410261-Reviews-Ton_Tann_
British Embassy Bangkok on 03:42 - Feb 2 with 2425 viewsSwansea_Blue

We're slashing the embassy budgets all round the world (outside of the EU). All part of Boris' Global Britain master plan.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:47 - Feb 2 with 2420 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

British Embassy Bangkok on 03:42 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

We're slashing the embassy budgets all round the world (outside of the EU). All part of Boris' Global Britain master plan.

Can't blame them really. Even when the British Embassy was fully staffed they did very little work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024