Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan 11:39 - Jan 25 with 3612 viewsLord_Lucan

s hired an open top bus and went round Nodge prior to a game with foil cut outs of League, FA Cup and UEFA Cup trophys.

Does anyone else remember this.

Pretty sure it was the day The Coach and Horses got ruined and Ipswich basically had every bar on Prince of Wales Rd.

We must have won as I remember me and my mate Gazza went into a BBC radio box after the final whistle and tried to take over the mikes in Lord Haw Haw fashion.

Must have been early to mid 90's??????????

Edit; Or am I going mad.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 11:44]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:51 - Jan 25 with 3537 viewsJackSted

You sure it wasn't a dream?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:53 - Jan 25 with 3513 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:51 - Jan 25 by JackSted

You sure it wasn't a dream?

Sounds like it doesn't it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 3493 viewshorsehollerer

No, but it's a genius idea. It should be an annual event!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 3499 viewsPJH

Probably dreaming although a great dream.

Our only win there in that time span I think was just before xmas 1992 on SKY and the bobble hat game.
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:59 - Jan 25 with 3482 viewsITFC_Forever

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:57 - Jan 25 by PJH

Our only win there in that time span I think was just before xmas 1992 on SKY and the bobble hat game.

May be a Hospital Cup game at the end of the 80s / start of the 90s?

I've been going to Norwich away since 1992 and can't remember such an event....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 12:03 - Jan 25 with 3468 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:57 - Jan 25 by PJH

Yes, I think that might have been the game.

I know it was definitely planned but I can't honestly say that I saw it - I sort of assumed that it went ahead and my brain is now convinced it did.

It was a helluva day mind.

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 12:04 - Jan 25 with 3457 viewsPJH

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 11:59 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

May be a Hospital Cup game at the end of the 80s / start of the 90s?

I've been going to Norwich away since 1992 and can't remember such an event....

Could have been, I don't think I went to any Hospital Cup games there, very few if any.

We are fast approaching the 50th anniversary of my first witnessed win at Carrot Rud but that is for a thread next week.
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 15:30 - Jan 25 with 3164 viewsChe

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 12:04 - Jan 25 by PJH

Could have been, I don't think I went to any Hospital Cup games there, very few if any.

We are fast approaching the 50th anniversary of my first witnessed win at Carrot Rud but that is for a thread next week.

First witnessed win

Texico Cup Final 1973
Login to get fewer ads

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 18:20 - Jan 25 with 3019 viewsColin_Viljoen

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 15:30 - Jan 25 by Che

First witnessed win

Texico Cup Final 1973

Our best pitch invasion!
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 00:42 - Jan 26 with 2780 viewsBlue_Moses

1997? My first Norwich away game, that sounds very much how i remember it.
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 16:39 - Jan 26 with 2588 viewsbluejake78

My 1st Narwich away was 75/76 a wee slip of a lad.....SCENES.
In those days Nodge would come to Portman Road in a taxi.
Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 16:50 - Jan 26 with 2565 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 16:39 - Jan 26 by bluejake78

My 1st Narwich away was 75/76 a wee slip of a lad.....SCENES.
In those days Nodge would come to Portman Road in a taxi.

Not sure when my first Norwich away was, probably late 70's.

I do remember though that they never came top FPR in numbers.

"We took the middle"

Whilst having a PM chit chat just now I was reminded of when a group of Town fan on 22:58 - Jan 27 with 2407 viewsNorthFar

You're not going mad. I was just chatting to a mate at the game today and telling him how we once went to Norwich on an open top bus. He mentioned this thread. So, here I am to prove your sanity.

It was March '95. I've no idea why I agreed to it. It was a friend of mine called Mike Houchell who organised the whole thing. It was freezing. It was a bit of a giggle up until about Asda (we were cheering on Whitton Utd as we went past their ground) but when we hit the A140 it was bitter.

We did have a couple of tin foil trophies to wave I recall and some CHASE IN flyers that were confiscated on the way into the ground. As we entered Carrow Road on the bus it was all quite friendly. I don't think their fans could believe it and we had a few of them clapping. I remember Ian Butterworth and couple of their other players just cracking up as we drove past the stand. The game was awful. Warky got sent off (for being too old I think). We all sat downstairs on the way back - it was so cold. It's all documented (with pictures) in the fantastic fanzine 'Score! Ipswich Score!'. I should know. I was the editor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024