Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hermes 12:51 - Jan 1 with 3941 viewsuefacup81

Any tips/experience on managing to speak to a real person at this shower of a company?

Ordered some stuff online that was 'delivered' by them yesterday. They updated the tracking that it was 'left securely in the porch' - but I don't have a porch. Arrived home today and there's no sign of the package on site.

I'm guessing it's either been lobbed casually over the nearest fence, or left on my doorstep and nicked.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Hermes on 13:03 - Jan 1 with 3901 viewsWD19

Sounds very irritating.
Hermes on 13:06 - Jan 1 with 3897 viewsuefacup81

Yeah, they've got form for being a shower of sh1te, but unfortunately businesses keep using them...

Hermes on 13:08 - Jan 1 with 3892 viewsgerard1947

Your claim is with the company you bought the goods from. Contact them giving full details they should sort it for you. It is their responsibility until you have actually received the item. The problem you mention is typical of Hermes, they are cheap and useless.
Hermes on 13:15 - Jan 1 with 3872 viewsMedwayTractor

Exactly what happened to me a couple of times before Christmas, same courier both times. One of the parcels had glass in it, the parcel was thrown into the porch without any attempt to find out if anyone was in. A few minutes later, I received an email telling me that "the parcel had been delivered successfully". I have told the Company which sent the parcel and told them that they should find another courier company. They have replied that they are taking it up with Hermes.

I have complained to Hermes & told them I won't use them again & that the couriers should be dismissed.

Two ways to to deal with this problem: (1) Complain, always (2) Use the Post office, or a courier with a "signed for" option.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Hermes on 13:16 - Jan 1 with 3876 viewsstainless

Hate to say it but that has gone, you won't see that parcel again or get any compensation. If you've bought it from a decent company they might send you a replacement, but in my experience most companies will just blame the courier and leave you to fight it out.
Hermes on 13:36 - Jan 1 with 3826 viewsbrogansnose

Have a word with the company you purchased from. If you don't get any joy then try and get a refund from ( I assume you paid by card ) from your card company. Your contract is with the company you ordered the goods from not the delivery company and its down to them to make sure you get what you bought.

Good luck.
Hermes on 13:40 - Jan 1 with 3814 viewsblue75

You have to contact the company you purchased from tell them you haven’t received anything they’ll send it out again. Then look in bins under bushes anywhere where they might have hidden your package it’ll be there somewhere. Then you’ll have 2 of what you ordered 1 to keep 1 to sell. Everyone does that and companies will stop using Hermes.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Hermes on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 3791 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hermes on 13:16 - Jan 1 by stainless

Hate to say it but that has gone, you won't see that parcel again or get any compensation. If you've bought it from a decent company they might send you a replacement, but in my experience most companies will just blame the courier and leave you to fight it out.

If their message says it was left securely in a porch and the address to which it should have been delivered does not have a porch they haven't got a leg to stand on. As others have said, your contract was with who you purchased from and they have not fulfilled it until the item is delivered how you agreed. Take it up with them and if they do not rectify the issue to your satisfaction then trading standards.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Hermes on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 3768 viewsgerard1947

Hermes on 13:16 - Jan 1 by stainless

You actually have more consumer rights when you home shop. The company who supplied the goods are bound by Distant Selling Regulations, they cannot simply blame the delivery company. I would always recommend contacting the seller as a first resort. Trading Standards, Citizens Advice are options but it shouldn't come to that.
Hermes on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 3720 viewsuefacup81

Hermes on 13:15 - Jan 1 by MedwayTractor

Exactly what happened to me a couple of times before Christmas, same courier both times. One of the parcels had glass in it, the parcel was thrown into the porch without any attempt to find out if anyone was in. A few minutes later, I received an email telling me that "the parcel had been delivered successfully". I have told the Company which sent the parcel and told them that they should find another courier company. They have replied that they are taking it up with Hermes.

I have complained to Hermes & told them I won't use them again & that the couriers should be dismissed.

Two ways to to deal with this problem: (1) Complain, always (2) Use the Post office, or a courier with a "signed for" option.

It seems most couriers are engaged in a race to the bottom these days.

Had ParcelForce deliver some perishable goods back in the summer - they forged the signature on them and left them under our bottle caddy.

Instead of leaving a card in the external post box, they untaped the letter box and posted it into the unoccupied front bedroom. Needless to say that when my housemate returned and gave me the card, the items had well and truly perished!

It baffles me how companies can get away with this stuff!

Hermes on 14:36 - Jan 1 with 3691 viewsDebsyAngel

Had problems with an Avon order a few months ago. My parcel was never delivered. I waited nearly 2 weeks then sent a complaint to Avon via Email.

Avon were great, sent a duplicate order which ironically was delivered by Hermes in just 2 days - but not the usual man who delivers them.

These companies never seem to take on board that Hermes are crap. Why Avon never kept with Royal Mail, I do not know.
Hermes on 14:43 - Jan 1 with 3669 viewsgerard1947

Hermes on 14:10 - Jan 1 by uefacup81

It seems most couriers are engaged in a race to the bottom these days.

Had ParcelForce deliver some perishable goods back in the summer - they forged the signature on them and left them under our bottle caddy.

Instead of leaving a card in the external post box, they untaped the letter box and posted it into the unoccupied front bedroom. Needless to say that when my housemate returned and gave me the card, the items had well and truly perished!

It baffles me how companies can get away with this stuff!

Companies get away with this stuff because not enough people complain direct to the sellers. If you have a bad experience you are unlikely to use that supplier again, you are also more likely to tell others of a bad experience than good one.

Complain to the seller, they are only as good as the carrier they use. There is extreme pressure on mail order margins as a result sellers often pick a carrier on price alone. The better carriers are often at full capacities but refuse to over subscribe. They can keep their reputation, their prices and customer retention up.

I could go on, it's an interesting industry, the explosion of home shopping was anticipated in the 90s but exceeded all projections.
Hermes on 14:59 - Jan 1 with 3644 viewsgeminimustang

We've had arranged Hermes collect a parcel from our house two days ago.We paid extra for next day collection.They state they tried to collect but we were out.6 of us in house at the time and no knock on the door,no press of the doorbell,no van outside.Lying shower of ------! They we're supposed to deliver a carpet yesterday according to web-site,then changed the delivery to today but no-sign of them.I accept it's new year and don't expect a delivery but why is the information on the web-site wrong.
Hermes on 15:00 - Jan 1 with 3642 viewsBurwell_Blue

Hermes on 14:36 - Jan 1 by DebsyAngel

Had problems with an Avon order a few months ago. My parcel was never delivered. I waited nearly 2 weeks then sent a complaint to Avon via Email.

Avon were great, sent a duplicate order which ironically was delivered by Hermes in just 2 days - but not the usual man who delivers them.

These companies never seem to take on board that Hermes are crap. Why Avon never kept with Royal Mail, I do not know.

Cost, plain and simple.

Your local Hermes delivery person will live local to you and essentially be self-employed.
Hermes on 15:05 - Jan 1 with 3637 viewsElderGrizzly

Twitter they respond on normally.

However, they usually wash their hands of it and say speak to the retailer.
Hermes on 21:57 - Jan 1 with 3465 viewsLord_Lucan

We use them and they are useless - but Amazon customers are so tight they won't pay for a better service.

Contact the company you ordered from - it's their problem, not yours.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hermes on 03:29 - Jan 2 with 3401 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hermes on 14:36 - Jan 1 by DebsyAngel

It could have been your usual delivery guy; you just didn't recognise him in his new makeup.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hermes on 06:53 - Jan 2 with 3377 viewsHARRY10

Hermes on 13:06 - Jan 1 by uefacup81

Yeah, they've got form for being a shower of sh1te, but unfortunately businesses keep using them...

I try and check as best as possible with the seller as to who they are using as a courier.

If it is Hermes or some of the other Mickey Mouse companies I reply back telling the seller why I shall not be buying from them.

Sometimes they ask why, sometimes not.

My point is always that, a pound or so they save is minimal compared to the time I will likely spend trying to sort out the problem with the delivery.

I don't want to use up an hour or so of my time - which even at minimum wage would be seven quid added to the cost.
Hermes on 10:07 - Jan 2 with 3324 viewsDebsyAngel

Hermes on 03:29 - Jan 2 by Swansea_Blue

It could have been your usual delivery guy; you just didn't recognise him in his new makeup.

LOL! No it was definitely another bloke. My usual one looks like Mike Reid!!

I have just learnt that something I ordered on Ebay last week is being delivered.... by Hermes! Argh!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024