Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit 22:10 - Dec 16 with 1706 viewstpsontour

Two points off the play-offs, second highest scorers in the league, seven home wins out of 11. If only we had a 'progressive young manager' like Garry Monk, Mark Warburton, Slavisa Jokanovic, Jaap Stam, Carlos Carvalho, Daniel Farke. Oh wait, they're all below us in the table despite having tens of millions more than us to spend in transfer fees and wages. Maybe some of our so-called supporters could start giving Mick the credit he deserves for being top ten for the third season in four on what is now the 19th highest budget out of 24 clubs in the division?
Credit on 22:21 - Dec 16 with 1669 viewsBobbychase

Yeah but he was mean in a press conference. And played Douglas a lot.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Credit on 22:32 - Dec 16 with 1646 viewsDyland

Credit on 22:21 - Dec 16 by Bobbychase

Yeah but he was mean in a press conference. And played Douglas a lot.

To be fair... teehee your first point, but the second is not funny at all :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Credit on 23:07 - Dec 16 with 1593 viewsipswichben

Couldn’t agree more. On the budget we have as a club I cannot see how we could do better than we are. If in a season or two’s time I am proved wrong then I will more than happily hold my hand up for not having a clue but I really think that despite not being ‘fashionable’ Mick has turned it round again after some real dross last year. I see about 10 games a season and the 5 I’ve seen this year are light years better than last season. Onwards and upwards. If we finish top half it would be a good season when you consider the sort of budgets we are up against and yes, unfortunately football is about money these days. You only have to look at the Premier League to see that. There will always be a Huddersfield to buck the trend but that’s a once in 5/10 years thing
Credit on 23:21 - Dec 16 with 1572 viewspowinswitch

Credit on 23:07 - Dec 16 by ipswichben

Couldn’t agree more. On the budget we have as a club I cannot see how we could do better than we are. If in a season or two’s time I am proved wrong then I will more than happily hold my hand up for not having a clue but I really think that despite not being ‘fashionable’ Mick has turned it round again after some real dross last year. I see about 10 games a season and the 5 I’ve seen this year are light years better than last season. Onwards and upwards. If we finish top half it would be a good season when you consider the sort of budgets we are up against and yes, unfortunately football is about money these days. You only have to look at the Premier League to see that. There will always be a Huddersfield to buck the trend but that’s a once in 5/10 years thing

What seems like a series of fair comments. However do you really think that Robert Robson, latterly a Baron of this parish had anywhere near the funding of his big city rivals. No he didn’t. However he had Cyril Lea, the Cobbolds and a plethora of excellent scouts who developed a squad, and ethos and a systeem that entertained, while having a fair degree of success. In reality we should have won at least two championships and another FA Cup during his tenure.

McCarthy is the antiRoson ( in my opinion). I acknowledge his success in terms of points. I further acknowledge that he has left us a significantly better squad than he inherited. I am grateful for that. But if you think we are ‘light years’ ahead of where we were last season, then your understanding of light years is light years from mine. His football is shi1t,and has been for some time. Accumating points yes. Entertaining not on your chuff. Awful. Effing awful
Credit on 01:34 - Dec 17 with 1499 viewsJohnTy

Credit on 23:21 - Dec 16 by powinswitch

What seems like a series of fair comments. However do you really think that Robert Robson, latterly a Baron of this parish had anywhere near the funding of his big city rivals. No he didn’t. However he had Cyril Lea, the Cobbolds and a plethora of excellent scouts who developed a squad, and ethos and a systeem that entertained, while having a fair degree of success. In reality we should have won at least two championships and another FA Cup during his tenure.

McCarthy is the antiRoson ( in my opinion). I acknowledge his success in terms of points. I further acknowledge that he has left us a significantly better squad than he inherited. I am grateful for that. But if you think we are ‘light years’ ahead of where we were last season, then your understanding of light years is light years from mine. His football is shi1t,and has been for some time. Accumating points yes. Entertaining not on your chuff. Awful. Effing awful

The financial structure of the game has changed a little since Robson's day - the sharing of gate receipts which ended in 1983 was the first big blow to smaller clubs. In those days as well as giving the away side 20%, 4% was pooled and distributed evenly to all 92 clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024