Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks 10:15 - Nov 15 with 31939 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haven't seen much discussion on this.

I can't help but feel that if a white Tory MP or candidate had me similar remarks about a black candidate from another party then certain people, I won't name them but we all know who they are, would have been all over this story faster than Michael Fallon's hands over a female journalist.

Just to recap:

Emma Dent Coad, Labour MP for Kensington, called black Tory candidate Shaun Bailey a “token ghetto boy” and “free-loading scumbag” who is “not welcome” in her Kensington constituency.

Some good responses to Ms Coad:

Women’s Equality Party candidate Nimco Ali
“You Emma Dent Coad are a racist and as some who is the sister of a Tory black young man, you disgust me. My brother is a black Tory man and the left have acted like they owned him and I am so angry right now. I got the same BS for standing for WEP. She is a racist and should go.”

Shaun Bailey, the victim of the racist remarks
“I am shocked and saddened by the hate-filled, racist article written by Labour MP Emma Dent-Coad which has surfaced this afternoon. During my time in politics I have dealt with prejudice and attacks from hard-line groups, including the BNP, but not once have I been labelled a ‘token ghetto boy’.

Her use of language, including the caption of ‘keeping it real’, is more akin to that of a white supremacist group than that of an elected politician and she should be ashamed. As someone who was born into a poor family in Ladbroke Grove, I am proud of my charity work helping deprived community groups in the area Ms Dent-Coad now represents.

Ms Dent-Coad has a long history of public intimidation. She should publicly apologise for these latest slurs — not just to me but to the wider black community — and the Labour Party should consider her position.”

Tory MP Kemi Badenoch
“I’m a black conservative. I don’t think every offensive comment is racism, but when I see real prejudice I have to call it out. Emma Dent Coad’s comments were profoundly distressing, and a toxic reminder of the struggle black people face daily in defeating stereotypes. The fact that she made them while an elected councillor is a disgrace. This is why it is still relevant to discuss today. The tragedy is that someone who holds these views is an MP, representing a sizeable black population, make no mistake, this is racism…

An assumption that there’s only one way to be black, and anyone who doesn’t conform is a “coconut” an “Uncle Tom” or a race traitor. It is a poisonous belief and destroys the lives of so many children. I once heard a black boy accuse another of “acting white”. Why? Because he wore glasses and liked reading. Imagine what it’s like being in a classroom where everyone thinks like that?

Where do such attitudes come from? From “Community leaders” like Ms Dent-Coad, who want to tell us what to think and how to behave. They haven’t given us permission to leave our ghettoes, be Conservative or make friends with posh white people. This was Shaun’s crime. This attitude traps many black children within imaginary boundaries they believe they aren’t allowed to cross. They end up living less than the very best lives they can.

I have read Clive Lewis’s awful remarks to Nimko Ali. Patronising and wrong-headed. Denying blacks a basic human right to support a party of their choosing. It’s the attitude I referred to in my conference speech -that you can’t be black and conservative. Emma Dent-Coad did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.

My message to young black people everywhere is please, please feel free to be who you want to be. Don’t let Labour’s stereotypes and low expectations hold you back and never let them treat you like black sheep who will always follow them.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:19 - Nov 15 with 8736 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A Tory would be crucified for that comment, and their resignation would be demanded. Especially if they were male, middle class and middle aged!

To be fair to Labour, where they are very sharp is jumping on ANY mistake, no matter how small and snowballing it through twitter and the media. They are second only to Putin in terms of manipulating social media.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:22 - Nov 15 with 8725 viewsStokieBlue

Lowhouse posted a few things yesterday including the doodle she did of a stickman hanging from the Tory logo which she decided to post on the internet.

Clearly she's a rather abhorrent individual. I do agree some on here would have been salivating at the prospect of bashing a Tory but in this case I am not sure it's a Labour specific issue - she's just not a very nice person.

Lovely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:25 - Nov 15 with 8715 viewsArcher4721

You fail to mention she will have Whip removed

https://www.change.org/p/jeremy-corbyn-mp-labour-suspend-whip-from-mp-emma-dent-
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 10:26]
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:25 - Nov 15 with 8708 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:22 - Nov 15 by StokieBlue

Lowhouse posted a few things yesterday including the doodle she did of a stickman hanging from the Tory logo which she decided to post on the internet.

Clearly she's a rather abhorrent individual. I do agree some on here would have been salivating at the prospect of bashing a Tory but in this case I am not sure it's a Labour specific issue - she's just not a very nice person.

Lovely.

SB

Wouldn't disagree that it reflects the person and not the whole party.

But then again, turn the tables and that principle wouldnt be accepted.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:27 - Nov 15 with 8695 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:25 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

https://www.change.org/p/jeremy-corbyn-mp-labour-suspend-whip-from-mp-emma-dent-

No she hasn’t. That’s a petition to have the whip removed.

https://news.sky.com/story/no-action-against-emma-dent-coad-over-token-ghetto-bo

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:31 - Nov 15 with 8673 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:27 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

No she hasn’t. That’s a petition to have the whip removed.

https://news.sky.com/story/no-action-against-emma-dent-coad-over-token-ghetto-bo

I know it is... She's also apologised and asked the Labour party to consider her position.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/14/labour-mp-apologises-for-calling-black-tory-a-toke
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:33 - Nov 15 with 8666 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:25 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

Cheeky little edit...

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:34 - Nov 15 with 8664 viewsconnorscontract

It's a sacking offence, full stop.

What happened to the "Right of Recall" thing Cameron was banging on about a few years back, after the expenses scandal? Did it come in, because she should go for this.
Login to get fewer ads

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:36 - Nov 15 with 8653 viewsBOjK

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:34 - Nov 15 by connorscontract

What happened to the "Right of Recall" thing Cameron was banging on about a few years back, after the expenses scandal? Did it come in, because she should go for this.

It didn't come in, and I think that is probably the correct decision.

In this case I'd like to see the Labour party kick her out of the party and for her to step down as an MP.

I doubt either will happen.

Edit: I agree with the broad thrust of the OP
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 10:37]

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:37 - Nov 15 with 8648 viewsitfcjoe

Nasty woman, no way should she be a sitting MP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:38 - Nov 15 with 8636 viewsStokieBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:36 - Nov 15 by BOjK

In this case I'd like to see the Labour party kick her out of the party and for her to step down as an MP.

She only had a majority of 20 votes in the last election I believe so I seriously doubt they would risk getting her to step down.

Politics will win in this case.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 with 8633 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Im not a Labour fan... but I would bet they will kick her out.

If Labour are one thing, then they are media savvy. Unlike the Tories.

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 with 8633 viewshype313

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:25 - Nov 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Wouldn't disagree that it reflects the person and not the whole party.

But then again, turn the tables and that principle wouldnt be accepted.

Totally agree.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 with 8633 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:34 - Nov 15 by connorscontract

Zac Goldsmith bright it as a private members bill but Cameron bottled it from what I recall.

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 with 8631 viewsArcher4721

You have to bear in mind , It's claimed Bailey had already called the place a "Ghetto"
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:40 - Nov 15 with 8621 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:39 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

You have to bear in mind , It's claimed Bailey had already called the place a "Ghetto"

Would you like another spade?

Personally I hope Corbyn uses that justification...

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:41 - Nov 15 with 8614 viewshype313

Ah that's ok then to call him a “token ghetto boy” and “free-loading scumbag” who is “not welcome” in her Kensington constituency.

We can all move on now.

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:42 - Nov 15 with 8615 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:31 - Nov 15 by Archer4721

I know it is... She's also apologised and asked the Labour party to consider her position.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/14/labour-mp-apologises-for-calling-black-tory-a-toke

You said I forgot to mention that she has had the whip withdrawn. I hadn’t forgot had I because she hasn’t had it withdrawn?

Do you think she should have the whip withdrawn?

And as Kemi Badenoch says, “she did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.”

Edit. I see you edited your initial response. Massive fail.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 10:44]

Iron Lion Zion

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:48 - Nov 15 with 8591 viewsArcher4721

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:42 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

You said I forgot to mention that she has had the whip withdrawn. I hadn’t forgot had I because she hasn’t had it withdrawn?

Do you think she should have the whip withdrawn?

And as Kemi Badenoch says, “she did NOT apologise for her offensive remarks, merely for Shaun being upset by them.”

Edit. I see you edited your initial response. Massive fail.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 10:44]

These two have plenty of history allegedly.

Yes she should have whip removed or some punishment.
So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:56 - Nov 15 with 8567 viewsNewcyBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:33 - Nov 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Cheeky little edit...

An option to view posts in their original state would be rather fun.

Archer should have just admitted he was wrong.

The woman is obviously scum, she’s a politician though, it’s to be expected.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:02 - Nov 15 with 8547 viewshype313

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 10:56 - Nov 15 by NewcyBlue

An option to view posts in their original state would be rather fun.

Archer should have just admitted he was wrong.

The woman is obviously scum, she’s a politician though, it’s to be expected.

He would never admit it.

I bet if she was a Tory then it would be open house on her.

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:21 - Nov 15 with 8514 viewsNewcyBlue

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:02 - Nov 15 by hype313

He would never admit it.

I bet if she was a Tory then it would be open house on her.

That’s pretty much the way these threads go isn’t it? Entertaining to read, especially when you have seen posts before the edits.

At least we now know that Archer deems it appropriate that abuse because of race is ok sometimes.

I mean, come on, the guy joked the place was a ghetto, right Archer? Open season!

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:24 - Nov 15 with 8510 viewsNewcyBlue

Why do you have to bear that in mind? Why does that make her comments acceptable?

If MrsNewcy jokes about her mixed race heritage is it then ok for people to abuse her?

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:26 - Nov 15 with 8510 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, no real debate needed on this.

Read her comments yesterday and was slightly staggered to be honest.

If Boris had said it he would be getting (rightly) slaughtered for it.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:28]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:31 - Nov 15 with 8497 viewshype313

So Emma Dent Coad and her racist remarks on 11:21 - Nov 15 by NewcyBlue

That’s pretty much the way these threads go isn’t it? Entertaining to read, especially when you have seen posts before the edits.

At least we now know that Archer deems it appropriate that abuse because of race is ok sometimes.

I mean, come on, the guy joked the place was a ghetto, right Archer? Open season!

The mask has slipped.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024