Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest ideas thread 08:32 - Nov 1 with 11162 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ok, most of us are fed up with this sh!te, so we need to start doing something. This is your official TWTD protest ideas thread.

Idea 1: Bring peanuts with you on Saturday... and throw them on the pitch once we go 1-nil down. To symbolise the peanuts Evans invests in our team.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Protest ideas thread on 08:36 - Nov 1 with 6666 viewstrncbluearmy

March from the station pre game with bloody great banners/posters/leaflets with pictures of Marcus Evans on
Protest ideas thread on 08:40 - Nov 1 with 6643 viewsBrixtonBlue

Protest ideas thread on 08:36 - Nov 1 by trncbluearmy

March from the station pre game with bloody great banners/posters/leaflets with pictures of Marcus Evans on

Slight problem with that is that any sane Town fan will be in the pub pre-game.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Protest ideas thread on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 6628 viewstrncbluearmy

Protest ideas thread on 08:40 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

Slight problem with that is that any sane Town fan will be in the pub pre-game.

decent point well made

right........ leaflets with pics of Evans on, make into paper planes as per scum game with those blue cards, and launch them all together
Protest ideas thread on 08:51 - Nov 1 with 6624 viewsBluebell

You think I am wasting peanuts?

They would be eaten long before I got to the game.
Protest ideas thread on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 6613 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This should be fun..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Protest ideas thread on 08:56 - Nov 1 with 6615 viewsJ2BLUE

Pre-game: ST holders and regular attendees, if they feel strongly enough, send Evans/Milne a letter with your customer number and full details of why you are apathetic/annoyed/bored. Again if they feel strongly enough make it very clear that the style of football and lack of investment leaves very little for the fans to enjoy and that you won't renew/attend regularly unless there is a new manager in place with competitive resources. Be polite, don't call him a **** and demand £20m, just point out that his strategy is not going to work and that 'competitive resources' doesn't mean competing with the relegated teams but enough money to give the new manager a realistic chance of finishing top 6. If enough people do this it will force Evans to change course, realise he can't do it and look to sell or continue down his current path with ticket sales plummeting. Might seem a harsh choice but the fans have been incredibly patient. Perhaps people could also point out that when the club gets an unexpected bonus like £8m profit on Mings it really shows an incredible lack of ambition not to reinvest it in the squad. That really did show us everything we needed to know.

During the game: No protest

After the game and the players have left the field: Sit in protest if protesters can agree on what they are protesting. If it's split between Evans and MM then it won't work. Again, on balance MM is doing a reasonable job with the resources available. One forum regular's reaction to MM's comments last night was 'Try getting in some decent defenders then you baffoon!!!!'. With what, magic beans?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Protest ideas thread on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 6603 viewsYallop

Think I'd rather stick with getting behind the team on Saturday and am hoping that now Huws, Smith, Webster and Adeyemi all returning and Cellina having an impact that we can be competitive again.
Protest ideas thread on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 6573 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Protest ideas thread on 08:56 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Pre-game: ST holders and regular attendees, if they feel strongly enough, send Evans/Milne a letter with your customer number and full details of why you are apathetic/annoyed/bored. Again if they feel strongly enough make it very clear that the style of football and lack of investment leaves very little for the fans to enjoy and that you won't renew/attend regularly unless there is a new manager in place with competitive resources. Be polite, don't call him a **** and demand £20m, just point out that his strategy is not going to work and that 'competitive resources' doesn't mean competing with the relegated teams but enough money to give the new manager a realistic chance of finishing top 6. If enough people do this it will force Evans to change course, realise he can't do it and look to sell or continue down his current path with ticket sales plummeting. Might seem a harsh choice but the fans have been incredibly patient. Perhaps people could also point out that when the club gets an unexpected bonus like £8m profit on Mings it really shows an incredible lack of ambition not to reinvest it in the squad. That really did show us everything we needed to know.

During the game: No protest

After the game and the players have left the field: Sit in protest if protesters can agree on what they are protesting. If it's split between Evans and MM then it won't work. Again, on balance MM is doing a reasonable job with the resources available. One forum regular's reaction to MM's comments last night was 'Try getting in some decent defenders then you baffoon!!!!'. With what, magic beans?

I saw that comment as well J2

Bonkers

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Protest ideas thread on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 6573 viewsBrixtonBlue

Protest ideas thread on 08:51 - Nov 1 by Bluebell

You think I am wasting peanuts?

They would be eaten long before I got to the game.

By two bags. One for throwing, one for eating.

You've got to look at the bigger picture here Bellers. Yes, you'll be one bag of peanuts down. But you'll also be one step towards saving ITFC.

Protest ideas thread on 09:11 - Nov 1 with 6567 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Throw peanuts on? So the Idea is a seagull pitch invasion?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Protest ideas thread on 09:11 - Nov 1 with 6560 viewsJ2BLUE

Protest ideas thread on 09:09 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

You've got to look at the bigger picture here Bellers. Yes, you'll be one bag of peanuts down. But you'll also be one step towards saving ITFC.

Evans will collect them all up and sell them back to you for £3.99 a packet as Portman Nuts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Protest ideas thread on 09:14 - Nov 1 with 6547 viewsBrixtonBlue

Protest ideas thread on 08:59 - Nov 1 by Yallop

Think I'd rather stick with getting behind the team on Saturday and am hoping that now Huws, Smith, Webster and Adeyemi all returning and Cellina having an impact that we can be competitive again.

You know it's possible to protest AND get behind the team on Saturday?

Protest ideas thread on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 6539 viewsuncle

Protest ideas thread on 09:11 - Nov 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Throw peanuts on? So the Idea is a seagull pitch invasion?

Squirrels. Lots and lots of militarised squirrels.
Protest ideas thread on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 6536 viewsBrixtonBlue

Protest ideas thread on 09:11 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Evans will collect them all up and sell them back to you for £3.99 a packet as Portman Nuts.

The Portman Nuts are us lot for putting up with this sh!te!

Protest ideas thread on 09:17 - Nov 1 with 6526 viewsLancsBlue

Do nothing and hope things get better. Worked well so far......

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Protest ideas thread on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 6436 viewsNewcyBlue

The goalkeeper walks over to see what has landed on the pitch, gets too close and goes into anaphylactic shock. Unfortunately he had a nut allergy and you killed him.

You beast.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Protest ideas thread on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 6437 viewslazyblue

Or we just get behind the team for 90mins hope sooner rather than later we have our full strength midfield available for a game first time this season and watch things improve.

Amazes me how players of all clubs have said this time and time that a toxic atmosphere helps nobody yet a few still seem to encourage want it.
Protest ideas thread on 09:59 - Nov 1 with 6427 viewsStokieBlue

Throw haribos.

Still symbolic and can give the players an energy boost if they eat a few.

I didn't think you were in the MM out camp?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Protest ideas thread on 10:01 - Nov 1 with 6421 viewsdirtyboy

Are you sane?!?!?
Protest ideas thread on 10:53 - Nov 1 with 6360 viewsMonkeysChuff

Whose fans threw tennis balls on the pitch at the weekend? Certain I saw it somewhere.
Protest ideas thread on 11:00 - Nov 1 with 6342 viewsBrixtonBlue

Protest ideas thread on 09:59 - Nov 1 by StokieBlue

Throw haribos.

Still symbolic and can give the players an energy boost if they eat a few.

I didn't think you were in the MM out camp?

SB

I'm veering towards it. I have my toes in but it's cold and I'm a bit scared about fully jumping in.

Protest ideas thread on 11:03 - Nov 1 with 6324 viewsDyland

Protest ideas thread on 09:14 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

You know it's possible to protest AND get behind the team on Saturday?

Not sure throwing peanuts on to the pitch is a good way of getting behind the team. The connotation is also that you pay peanuts and you get monkeys, i.e. the players are crap.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Protest ideas thread on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 6302 viewsGodzilla

What about waving white hankies Real Madrid style, as well as suiting the outers, the inners could claim that the hankies symbolise a liking for a good blub and other tissue/hanky uses - win-win.
Protest ideas thread on 11:19 - Nov 1 with 6279 viewsBluebell

Protest ideas thread on 09:09 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

"by" Dolly.

Has your spelling ability gone with your last user name?
Protest ideas thread on 11:57 - Nov 1 with 6242 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Just don't go.. Which is how I've been protesting for the most of this season so far.

We open ourselves to ridicule if we do some of the suggested ideas.. The issue isn't with how things are going results wise.. it's with the sheer mind numbing boredom of the 90 minutes we sit through.. So the obvious answer is to just not sit through it.

Things are not bad enough to be protesting the way Hull, Sunderland, Charlton etc. have been and not only will ME get the message, but you'll not get yourselves into a fit of rage every Saturday evening and have far less to moan about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024