Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh well, it had to happen! 17:26 - Sep 8 with 12975 viewsRammo

I was hoping that as my little man grew older he'd start coming to more games with me and we'd enjoy the football experience together. He used to like coming to the occasional game and has been a junior blue for several years.
But tonight he came home from school and announced he is going to support Chelsea and a small piece of my soul died
I've even got to go and buy a strip for him now as the ITFC one he doesn't want to wear any more!
I just hope he sees the error of his ways when he gets old enough to know better.

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:38 - Sep 8 with 7993 viewsjas0999

Can you blame him? ITFC used to appeal to the kids. A real family club with gpfamily friendly feel. It doesn't seem to have that anymore.

There is also more pressure on kids to support the so called glory clubs.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:44 - Sep 8 with 7969 viewsgmanrom

He will come round if we get back in the prem and he gets to see all big name stars while following the town.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 7954 viewsBlue_Order

You've failed as a parent.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:51 - Sep 8 with 7935 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just say "no".

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:59 - Sep 8 with 7910 viewsbrogansnose

Supporting Ipswich, or similiar club, is character forming and you've let him be bowed by peer pressure.

You need to work hard so that he doesn't become a jellyfish. Start by not getting him the Chelsea shirt.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:01 - Sep 8 with 7897 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:51 - Sep 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just say "no".

Yeah, tell him that when he has his own paypacket he can buy whatever strip he likes. Until then, ITFC owns him.

Forbid it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 18:13 - Sep 8 with 7878 views_

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:14 - Sep 8 with 7869 viewsDinnernotTea

Oh well, it had to happen! on 17:38 - Sep 8 by jas0999

Can you blame him? ITFC used to appeal to the kids. A real family club with gpfamily friendly feel. It doesn't seem to have that anymore.

There is also more pressure on kids to support the so called glory clubs.

Not true. The Fanzone is incredible for getting kids to go to games. Over 2 hours of playing football, organised football as well before the game. Bouncy castle too. My nephew was never really into going but bugs me no end to go now (only reason is the fanzone). Cannot wait until my son is old enough to go.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:18 - Sep 8 with 7845 viewsSpruceMoose

on 18:13 - Sep 8 by _

Frankly, you need to treat this situation much the same as when you have a want away player. Explain to him that he will be training with the reserve family members until another family meets your valuation of him as a human. Then he will be sold.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:23 - Sep 8 with 7824 viewsFtnfwest

Any particular reason?
Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:25 - Sep 8 with 7818 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:23 - Sep 8 by Ftnfwest

Any particular reason?

I'm going to suggest shambolic parenting.

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:27 - Sep 8 with 7802 viewsgainsboroughblue

If I had come home and asked for a Liverpool/Man Utd top in the early 80's, I'd have been smacked round the head and rightly so.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:36 - Sep 8 with 7779 viewsWestSussexBlue

I sympathise and can fully relate to you Mate.
My lad chose Chelsea when he was around 6 years old.
I took him to his first game at Stamford bridge against my beloved Town in the FA cup tie around 7 years ago and we all know what happened then. He always pipes up about that game if I'm winding him up. What pains me most is that now he's almost 14, he's only ever known Town as a Championship club, He has that real disinterested look when I start reeling off our great we were and even as recent as 2001.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:37 - Sep 8 with 7770 viewsFtnfwest

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:25 - Sep 8 by SpruceMoose

I'm going to suggest shambolic parenting.

It's more than that. Why Chelsea of all teams? Which is an important distinction, kids choose teams not clubs now
Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:39 - Sep 8 with 7744 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:36 - Sep 8 by WestSussexBlue

I took him to his first game at Stamford bridge against my beloved Town in the FA cup tie around 7 years ago and we all know what happened then. He always pipes up about that game if I'm winding him up. What pains me most is that now he's almost 14, he's only ever known Town as a Championship club, He has that real disinterested look when I start reeling off our great we were and even as recent as 2001.

It is not too late to whack him up for adoption...

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:53 - Sep 8 with 7717 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had a similar experience 2 years ago when my boy was 15. He was a season ticket holder from the age of seven, been a mascot and loved the club.Some national newspapers did a story on us when he won the True Blue award for all the travelling we did to and from Scotland to watch games. My proudest moment was when Arsenal scored their third goal against us in the League Cup semi final and he burst into tears. I thought he was a Town fan for life.

Two years ago he was packing for a school trip to Barcelona to train at their complex and he wouldn't pack his Ipswich kit because people would laugh at him. I had to buy him a Rangers, Man U and Arsenal strip.

He listens out for out results but that's as far as it goes.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 18:55]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:54 - Sep 8 with 7704 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:53 - Sep 8 by GlasgowBlue

I had a similar experience 2 years ago when my boy was 15. He was a season ticket holder from the age of seven, been a mascot and loved the club.Some national newspapers did a story on us when he won the True Blue award for all the travelling we did to and from Scotland to watch games. My proudest moment was when Arsenal scored their third goal against us in the League Cup semi final and he burst into tears. I thought he was a Town fan for life.

Two years ago he was packing for a school trip to Barcelona to train at their complex and he wouldn't pack his Ipswich kit because people would laugh at him. I had to buy him a Rangers, Man U and Arsenal strip.

Should have made him play in pants and vest.

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:04 - Sep 8 with 7660 viewsjeera

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:54 - Sep 8 by SpruceMoose

Should have made him play in pants and vest.

Ah. Is that how Vestenpance came about, you reckon?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 7659 viewsBlue_Order

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:53 - Sep 8 by GlasgowBlue

Consider yourself lucky it wasn't a celtic top he was wanting.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:07 - Sep 8 with 7647 viewsjeera

Ah well. Everyone has to say goodbye to their kids someday chap.

Wish him well and send him on his way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:11 - Sep 8 with 7617 viewsTractorWood

Oh well, it had to happen! on 18:36 - Sep 8 by WestSussexBlue

'Even as recent as 2001'. Says it all.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:38 - Sep 8 with 7553 viewsFifeITFC

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:05 - Sep 8 by Blue_Order

Consider yourself lucky it wasn't a celtic top he was wanting.

He'd be chained round the ankle and thrown in a river with a heavy rock attached! 😂

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:45 - Sep 8 with 7526 viewsVic

Why on earth have you got to buy him a Chelsea kit just because he's come home from school and said he supports Chelsea? Get a grip man. He can't have his cake and eat it too. If he's going to support another team he needs to know it cannot be done painlessly.

Just say NO.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:51 - Sep 8 with 7505 viewsWD19

I am with the others, just say no. It's not your job to facilitate him becoming a fully paid up bellend.

Or alternatively, if put under extreme pressure, buy him a Town kit and patiently explain that it is pretty much last seasons Chelsea kit anyway.
Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 7499 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh well, it had to happen! on 19:51 - Sep 8 by WD19

I am with the others, just say no. It's not your job to facilitate him becoming a fully paid up bellend.

Or alternatively, if put under extreme pressure, buy him a Town kit and patiently explain that it is pretty much last seasons Chelsea kit anyway.

You control his world at that age. Just deny Chelsea even exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024