Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I heard something at my son's football match 08:22 - Sep 1 with 10204 viewsGlasgowBlue

That I though had been consigned to the 1970's.

A team mate of my son is of mixed race. He fouled an opponent who then got up and called him a monkey.

The poor kid (17 years old) left the pitch in tears. I though the coach should have told the team to leave the pitch and forfeit the match.

The more I think about it the more upsetting it is.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:31 - Sep 1 with 7877 viewsWeWereZombies

Yeah, it does seem to have been on the increase over the last five years. And salesman who, when a woman answers the phone or the door, ask if they can speak to the man of the house is another throwback one I have heard about.

You just have to knuckle down and challenge them when they occur and reason them out with the perpetrator, life is never going to completely trouble free I guess.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:41 - Sep 1 with 7819 viewsbahri

Why didn't the referee take action?

redandella

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:47 - Sep 1 with 7805 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:41 - Sep 1 by bahri

Why didn't the referee take action?

He sent the boy off and will be putting in his match report.

My view is that at that age the boy should be banned from football for a year and be forced to find a new club once that ban is over.

Aparently the subs were calling him n1gger from the sidelines but I was over the other side of the pitch so didn't hear this. I used to coach my son's last team until they reached under 17 and would be in an area very close to the opposition coaches and subs and I have never heard this sort of abuse before. It shocked me.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 7764 views26_Paz

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:47 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

My view is that at that age the boy should be banned from football for a year and be forced to find a new club once that ban is over.

Aparently the subs were calling him n1gger from the sidelines but I was over the other side of the pitch so didn't hear this. I used to coach my son's last team until they reached under 17 and would be in an area very close to the opposition coaches and subs and I have never heard this sort of abuse before. It shocked me.

That's about all the referee has the power to do at the time. Now its in the match report its up the local FA to determine the length of the ban. I'd like to think he's looking at a year at least ...

The Paz Man

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:55 - Sep 1 with 7744 viewsLord_Lucan

Not nice but the black kid should have headbutted the other one rather than start crying. Mind you it's really not very nice is it. What did all the other parents do or say? I think I would have lost it a bit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:03 - Sep 1 with 7715 viewsbahri

Well done ref ,then. Couldn't do much more. Hope the touchline abuse are put in the report as well.

redandella

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:53 - Sep 1 with 7571 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Amazed to hear that happened.

I guess the match official cant do much more than send the player off. Hopefully the players club or the local FA will then take further severe action.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:55 - Sep 1 with 7554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:31 - Sep 1 by WeWereZombies

Yeah, it does seem to have been on the increase over the last five years. And salesman who, when a woman answers the phone or the door, ask if they can speak to the man of the house is another throwback one I have heard about.

You just have to knuckle down and challenge them when they occur and reason them out with the perpetrator, life is never going to completely trouble free I guess.

...salesman asking to speak to the 'man of the house'.

I've never heard an actual example of that happening. Not really on a par with GB's example.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:58 - Sep 1 with 7531 viewsOjc

Had this with my step sons under 15 side last season, we have an Asian lad wonderfully gifted and we were battering this side from Richmond, full of white rich kids and the subs on the other side started abusing our lad, was disgusting and like your player he came off crying.

Utterly disgusting and comes from one place, their homes and parents.
I heard something at my son's football match on 10:07 - Sep 1 with 7490 viewsartsbossbeard

I can't say too much but there's a Suffolk case that's gone to the English FA on something v similar although the ref, aged 14, didn't send the lad off.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I heard something at my son's football match on 10:38 - Sep 1 with 7378 viewsimsureazzure

The football team of my youth in Ipswich, Nicholians colts had three black lads who played, if any racial abuse had been given the perpetrators would have been chinned.
I heard something at my son's football match on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 7333 viewsblueislander

I heard something at my son's football match on 10:38 - Sep 1 by imsureazzure

The football team of my youth in Ipswich, Nicholians colts had three black lads who played, if any racial abuse had been given the perpetrators would have been chinned.

I playerfor "Nicks" cerca 1963.
I heard something at my son's football match on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 7311 viewsimsureazzure

I heard something at my son's football match on 10:48 - Sep 1 by blueislander

I playerfor "Nicks" cerca 1963.

Great club now sadly defunct, winners of the SIL and Suffolk senior cup double.

I played in the late 70s and early 80s both for the colts and senior side.
I heard something at my son's football match on 11:01 - Sep 1 with 7272 viewshampstead_blue

This is why I didn't allow my youngest boys to play football at local clubs. They played cricket and rugby instead.

It's shocking.

You may disagree but I posted against some base sexist remarks the other day. I got shot down for that.

Personally I think allowing sexism is the seed from which many other intolerance is grown.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:12 - Sep 1 with 7213 viewsartsbossbeard

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:01 - Sep 1 by hampstead_blue

This is why I didn't allow my youngest boys to play football at local clubs. They played cricket and rugby instead.

It's shocking.

You may disagree but I posted against some base sexist remarks the other day. I got shot down for that.

Personally I think allowing sexism is the seed from which many other intolerance is grown.

You are Modern Parents from Viz.

I claim my £5.00

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:26 - Sep 1 with 7161 viewsWeWereZombies

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:55 - Sep 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've never heard an actual example of that happening. Not really on a par with GB's example.

Was pointing out that it is part of a general falling back in standards of people questioning their own prejudices (I don't think anyone is free of these and we all need a degree of introspection to consider how we act towards others). The couple of women I know who have had this treatment have laughed in the faces of the salesman and, needless to say, not bought what they were trying to sell. I would say the abusive individual who chanted at the lineswoman last Saturday was on a par with Glasser's example though.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 11:30]

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:28 - Sep 1 with 7141 viewshampstead_blue

I heard something at my son's football match on 09:55 - Sep 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

any good sales person knows that you sell to the wife.

Talk to the husband, sell to the wife.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:29 - Sep 1 with 7139 viewsWeWereZombies

Post duplicated - might as well use the space to say I thought the lineswoman did a decent job and, if anything, gave us the rub of the green...
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 11:31]

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 7103 viewslegal_blue

Disgraceful. It's well documented that, post-Brexit, racist abuse has increased, markedly. Same in the US with Trump.

Wait for the club to take action and/or any governing body. If that's inadequate, then there may well be further legal remedies. It wouldn't hurt to contact the Equalities and Human Rights Commission.

Irrespective, a complaint could be lodged with the police; the conduct could well amount to a racially aggravated offence under either s. 4 or 5 of the Public Order Act 1986.
I heard something at my son's football match on 11:38 - Sep 1 with 7074 viewssparks

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:33 - Sep 1 by legal_blue

Disgraceful. It's well documented that, post-Brexit, racist abuse has increased, markedly. Same in the US with Trump.

Wait for the club to take action and/or any governing body. If that's inadequate, then there may well be further legal remedies. It wouldn't hurt to contact the Equalities and Human Rights Commission.

Irrespective, a complaint could be lodged with the police; the conduct could well amount to a racially aggravated offence under either s. 4 or 5 of the Public Order Act 1986.

You raise it with the local FA and the club concerned's welfare officer...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I heard something at my son's football match on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 6927 viewsJohnny_Boy

I heard something at my son's football match on 11:29 - Sep 1 by WeWereZombies

Post duplicated - might as well use the space to say I thought the lineswoman did a decent job and, if anything, gave us the rub of the green...
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 11:31]

I was watching the RB Liepzieg match on telly at the weekend & there was a lady referee taking charge. Was interesting to see how the players did actually respect her.
I heard something at my son's football match on 13:04 - Sep 1 with 6901 viewsArnieM

Name and shame the Football Club concerned. No place for them imo

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I heard something at my son's football match on 13:11 - Sep 1 with 6874 viewsStokieBlue

I heard something at my son's football match on 10:38 - Sep 1 by imsureazzure

Played in the same side as Titus and Tesfaye (both were younger and of course massively better). As you say, any abuse like that would have resulted in a brawl.

Not sure the ref could do more in this case, well handled by him and now up to the FA.

GB is right, this should be long gone as I thought it was, certainly hope it is by the time mine are playing (if they wish to of course!).

SB
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 13:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I heard something at my son's football match on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 6866 viewsRyorry

I heard something at my son's football match on 08:31 - Sep 1 by WeWereZombies

I'm afraid I'd simply tell them that I can swear just as well as the average man, and that he could eff off with his timewasting coldcalling & sexist cr@p!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I heard something at my son's football match on 13:15 - Sep 1 with 6842 viewsRyorry

Who said it needed to be on a par? It's a discussion, not an 'isms' competition!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024