Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 08:59 - Aug 16 with 3940 viewsclive_baker

I thought he was dog sh1t last night. Felt the back 4 were really exposed and he was part of the problem. With the ball he was poor too, gave it away a few too many times and conceded a completely lazy and needless free kick from which they scored their 3rd.

On a more positive not Waghorn and Garner were great. So much energy and wonderful work rate. They're proper grafters on the pitch and exactly what's required at this level and what we've been missing for a while. As for McGoldrick, pure class. I love watching him play football.

Millwall looked hideous defensively. Not sure if we made them look bad or they're genuinely that terrible. Perhaps a bit of both, but I can't see them staying up if they play like that too often. Their right sided centre half was a disaster. Championship, you're having a laugh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cole Skuse on 12:58 - Aug 16 with 793 viewsgt81

The problem with Skuse is he needs more mobile players around him to do his thing. He'd be a good anchorman for the likes of Huws, Adeyemi, Downes, proper midfield players who will give him more support.

Last night, with Sears and Waghorn you're looking at players looking to get forward that leave him exposed. I also think when Hyam is fit he could be a more mobile player in that role, as Hyam also struggles when he's been asked to carry our midfield, but would do well with better players around him.
Cole Skuse on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 768 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cole Skuse has been without doubt the best midfielder we have had in his time at the club. He is beginning to show his age ( a la Douglas ) so it would be wise to plan for a replacement. This is why I suspect Mick has gone back to Adam McDonnell. When Adam first came to the club he had a great pedigree but was not allowed by FIFA to play. When he became eligible to play there was a midfield crisis so Mick not surprisingly got in two experienced midfielders, Douglas and Coke. We all know how that went. I think the extended sidelining took its toll and Alan stagnated last year. With the injuries this season he seems to be back in the frame so I hope Mick keeps him in the senior squad. I think he should be targetted as the Skuse replacement. Other wise we should let Adam move on and use Hyam. Either way we need to be preparing for when Skuse's legs go.
Cole Skuse on 13:53 - Aug 16 with 738 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 13:31 - Aug 16 by Eireannach_gorm

Cole Skuse has been without doubt the best midfielder we have had in his time at the club. He is beginning to show his age ( a la Douglas ) so it would be wise to plan for a replacement. This is why I suspect Mick has gone back to Adam McDonnell. When Adam first came to the club he had a great pedigree but was not allowed by FIFA to play. When he became eligible to play there was a midfield crisis so Mick not surprisingly got in two experienced midfielders, Douglas and Coke. We all know how that went. I think the extended sidelining took its toll and Alan stagnated last year. With the injuries this season he seems to be back in the frame so I hope Mick keeps him in the senior squad. I think he should be targetted as the Skuse replacement. Other wise we should let Adam move on and use Hyam. Either way we need to be preparing for when Skuse's legs go.

I think we most definitely need to be looking at a better player than Hyam for that role.
Cole Skuse on 14:19 - Aug 16 with 714 viewsRadlett_blue

Cole Skuse on 13:53 - Aug 16 by OsborneOneNil

I think we most definitely need to be looking at a better player than Hyam for that role.

Agreed. Mpanzu of Luton would do for me.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cole Skuse on 14:38 - Aug 16 with 705 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse on 13:31 - Aug 16 by Eireannach_gorm

I know you'd like to see McDonnell do well, but I really think he has only had a look in due to injuries.

He has gone backwards for me since he first joined - even at games like Coggeshall this pre season he just looks an average player when he should be absolutely dominating at that level playing in what was basically an U18s team.

I can't see him making it here - i don't see him getting ahead of the plethora of CM we have and would be surprised if he gets a new contract.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024