Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? 18:53 - Aug 8 with 4444 viewsIpswichChris

Firstly, iFollow is a mess.

I just put down my $140 on it and am already concerned about the service's capabilities.

Anyhow, I know the league cup games won't have video coverage, but does anyone know if there will be audio for today?
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 18:57 - Aug 8 with 4410 viewsIllinoisblue

what are you concerned about? The camera work was a little sloppy at times and there was no commentary, but other than that it worked fine on Saturday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:02 - Aug 8 with 4390 viewsIpswichChris

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 18:57 - Aug 8 by Illinoisblue

what are you concerned about? The camera work was a little sloppy at times and there was no commentary, but other than that it worked fine on Saturday.

Well, after logging in, I attempted to put my CC information in 3 times and clicked to finalize my purchase, which took me back to the login screen. On the 4th time it worked.

When I go to the matches page and click "Live on iFollow", it brings me back to the subscription choice page as if I didn't just fork over $140.

Basically, the layout is horrendous. Hope it improves.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:07 - Aug 8 with 4357 viewsRozz

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 18:57 - Aug 8 by Illinoisblue

The service was fine for the Brum game, bar missing commentary. Even at 320p (borrowing internet from the flat downstairs) the picture was ok on a laptop and the video didn't stall.

All raw footage from football matches is of a similar standard. They'll reset frames in odd places when the ball's out of play, zooming in like feck to the corner spots, for instance. It's not unusual for cameras to stay rolling during half time and to hear commentators (if there are any) re-do snippets of commentary they messed up. These cameras are usually only recording for highlights reels.

The site, at a larger level however, is difficult to navigate to the point of being a bit bizarre. Why would you want to upload the full match highlights in the highlights section, where everyone would expect it? That would be boring.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:28 - Aug 8 with 4302 viewsIllinoisblue

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:02 - Aug 8 by IpswichChris

Well, after logging in, I attempted to put my CC information in 3 times and clicked to finalize my purchase, which took me back to the login screen. On the 4th time it worked.

When I go to the matches page and click "Live on iFollow", it brings me back to the subscription choice page as if I didn't just fork over $140.

Basically, the layout is horrendous. Hope it improves.

oh, I don't disagree that the UX, especially on desktop, is pretty awful.

62 - 78 - 81

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:32 - Aug 8 with 4286 viewsMullet

Just tried it and got a "due to rights restrictions you can't listen to this game" type message here in the UK.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:38 - Aug 8 with 4260 viewsRozz

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:32 - Aug 8 by Mullet

Just tried it and got a "due to rights restrictions you can't listen to this game" type message here in the UK.

Commentary is so far working from 'Canada', will check back after KO.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:39 - Aug 8 with 4252 viewsBluebell

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:32 - Aug 8 by Mullet

I can't get anything. Signed in but can't get any further.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:39 - Aug 8 with 4255 viewsmichaeldownunder

Strange how on site it has the Luton game to be shown, then on facebook I get a msg saying they cannot show it due to commercial rights !!!

I agree who ever designed the site must have thought how can I make this as hard to use as poss. Maybe it's the person who deals with Q so they can keep themselves in a job Haha
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 19:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:43 - Aug 8 with 4228 viewsGuthrum

Being a Cup game, will it not be available online with Radio Suffolk?

Possibly not so helpful for those overseas, given the BBC blocks some content.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 4225 viewsIllinoisblue

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:38 - Aug 8 by Rozz

Commentary is so far working from 'Canada', will check back after KO.

are you on mobile or desktop? Desktop is not working for me. go to matches, click on the ifollow link and it just takes you to the subscription page - and I'm already signed in. Absolute shower of a website.

62 - 78 - 81

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 4205 viewsBluebell

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:43 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

Usually goes off when the game starts. Maybe it works in Ipswich.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 4205 viewssparks

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:43 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

Seemingly not...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 4200 viewsGuthrum

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:46 - Aug 8 by Bluebell

Usually goes off when the game starts. Maybe it works in Ipswich.

Just cut off.

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:47 - Aug 8 with 4187 viewsIpswichChris

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:46 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

Just cut off.

BBC Radio Suffolk cut off for me.

I started up iFollow and am now listening to commentary.

(Located in US)
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:51 - Aug 8 with 4157 viewstractorian

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:47 - Aug 8 by IpswichChris

BBC Radio Suffolk cut off for me.

I started up iFollow and am now listening to commentary.

(Located in US)

Went into iFollow, into preview, then loudspeaker. Works.
Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:53 - Aug 8 with 4131 viewsIllinoisblue

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:51 - Aug 8 by tractorian

Went into iFollow, into preview, then loudspeaker. Works.

yep, working here. Of course it would be hidden in the preview section. Who the fook designs these sites?

62 - 78 - 81

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:57 - Aug 8 with 4095 viewsGuthrum

Luton v Town Audio Commentary on iFollow? on 19:53 - Aug 8 by Illinoisblue

yep, working here. Of course it would be hidden in the preview section. Who the fook designs these sites?

iFollow working for me now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024