Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other FM addicts out there? 15:33 - Aug 3 with 2919 viewsLaxfield_Llewellyn

November 1, 2017. Ipswich's Sergio Diaz wins the Premier League Young Player of the Month award, followed closely by Jhon Arango of Ipswich in second, with Rodrigo Betancur of the Tractor Boys finishing third. Ipswich are the 39th most valuable club in the world and are playing in the Europa League after finishing 7th in their first EPL season after promotion, and they are currently sitting at third in this season's league table.

GK: Victor Valdez, Predrag Rajkovic

DR: Petar Stojanovic, Hidde ter Avest

CB: Rui Guimaraes, Patrick Bauer, Luke Chambers, Tommy Smith

DL: Caju (on loan), Matt Birnie (regen)

DM: John Obi Mikel, Cole Skuse

CM: Rodrigo Betancur, Teddy Bishop, David Barbona, Jhon Arango

AMR: Adam Lallana, Nabil El Zhar, Freddy Sears

AML: Yoshinori Muto, Tommy Oar

ST: Sergio Diaz, Charlie Austin, David McGoldrick
Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:37 - Aug 3 with 2886 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, have just had Lowestoft promoted to the Championship after 3 back to back league titles (pending Luton not overturning a 10 point margin with 10 games left...!)

Still got next to no money to spend, will be tough!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:38 - Aug 3 with 2883 viewsLuk38644

I have been hooked of late.

Did a career with Ipswich, got them promoted but got sacked in February for losing 3 games in a row (We were 6th ffs?!) but got offered the Inter job in the summer. Took them over and won the Serie A 4 times and the CL 3 times along with basically every other trophy. Took them as far as I could and had an amazing squad (Players I've heard of take precedence over overpowered regens) so took over man City for 2 seasons, won the PL twice and the CL once. Resigned and waited for the England gig but took the Italy job instead and won the Euro's and WC so retired.

I have now started a MLS career with DC United. I love the MLS on FM, it's a challenge but really satisfying.
Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:40 - Aug 3 with 2868 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes. I'm currently in the year 2029, still managing RKC Waalwijk in Holland. After several years of being knocked out of the Champions League group stages, or first knock out round after qualification, I finally managed to win it this year.

Also in charge of Holland for the 2nd time as well. As Luke has said, I've been pretty hooked on it lately, and have no intention of leaving Holland, as I've always wanted to do a 1 team, long term save for ages.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:55 - Aug 3 with 2824 viewsLaxfield_Llewellyn

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:40 - Aug 3 by Kieran_Knows

Yes. I'm currently in the year 2029, still managing RKC Waalwijk in Holland. After several years of being knocked out of the Champions League group stages, or first knock out round after qualification, I finally managed to win it this year.

Also in charge of Holland for the 2nd time as well. As Luke has said, I've been pretty hooked on it lately, and have no intention of leaving Holland, as I've always wanted to do a 1 team, long term save for ages.

2029? That's dedication right there. I think I did an 8-9 year stint with Benfica on the 2014 version.
Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 2815 viewsLuk38644

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:40 - Aug 3 by Kieran_Knows

2029?! Fair play, I got to 2030 after about 4 years managing Italy which flew by, but I had to retire because I don't like playing too long when all the real life players have retired!
Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:01 - Aug 3 with 2793 viewsKieran_Knows

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:58 - Aug 3 by Luk38644

2029?! Fair play, I got to 2030 after about 4 years managing Italy which flew by, but I had to retire because I don't like playing too long when all the real life players have retired!

Ha, yes, have certainly gone past most real life players now. Saying that, I do still have one in my side at the moment, Armando Obispo to be precise, and what a legend he is.

Still enjoying it though. Think I got to like 2040 in a previous save, but I was travelling all round Europe in that one trying to win the League's in each country. Think I ended up only missing off the Irish and Northern Irish leagues.

Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:02 - Aug 3 with 2791 viewsKieran_Knows

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:55 - Aug 3 by Laxfield_Llewellyn

2029? That's dedication right there. I think I did an 8-9 year stint with Benfica on the 2014 version.

Ha, cheers! Still enjoying it as well, which is the main thing!

Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:09 - Aug 3 with 2771 viewsitfcjoe

Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:02 - Aug 3 by Kieran_Knows

Ha, cheers! Still enjoying it as well, which is the main thing!

As soon as I leave my first club the game loses all it's fun for me.

Had a game where I started unemployed to see how quickly I could win CL - took over Dover, kept them up in Conference then back to back promotions to L1. Was midtable and left for Middlesborough who were 16th in the Champ and got them up that year via play offs.

In the PL I was 5th, and applied for the Man City job and they sacked me....!

Have got an academy save with ITFC where I can only sign players to come through academy, but it's too difficult - got in CL one year, but all the big clubs spend £100m in every window and you just can't keep up as not producing enough players.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:16 - Aug 3 with 2739 viewsKieran_Knows

Any other FM addicts out there? on 16:09 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

As soon as I leave my first club the game loses all it's fun for me.

Had a game where I started unemployed to see how quickly I could win CL - took over Dover, kept them up in Conference then back to back promotions to L1. Was midtable and left for Middlesborough who were 16th in the Champ and got them up that year via play offs.

In the PL I was 5th, and applied for the Man City job and they sacked me....!

Have got an academy save with ITFC where I can only sign players to come through academy, but it's too difficult - got in CL one year, but all the big clubs spend £100m in every window and you just can't keep up as not producing enough players.

Yeah, I have tried all different kind of saves in the past, but I really wanted to manage in Holland, and try and topple Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord.

I've done that, 6-7 years in to the save, but really wanted to win the Champions League .... took me 12 years eventually (although probably only 6 of them have been when I've qualified for the Champions League through league position).

I think now i've won the Champions League, i'm going to try and build an all academy side. Columbia has been a very happy hunting ground for me, signed several players which I have gone on to sell for £30m +!

Any other FM addicts out there? on 17:57 - Aug 3 with 2646 viewsDubtractor

Any other FM addicts out there? on 15:55 - Aug 3 by Laxfield_Llewellyn

I've made it to 2036/37 before.

Current game is at 2026/26 with ITFC well established in the Prem, but only now starting to trouble the top 6.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Any other FM addicts out there? on 19:00 - Aug 3 with 2597 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Currently in Oct 2034, at Gillingham having had a few jobs, but taken Gills from non league back to back to league 1, but missed out on promo last 2 seasons.

I always start in non league, have had spells at Tranmere (twice), morecambe (twice), Newport, York forest green, Wigan, reggiana, Lincoln, and Eastleigh,

Several of those were ill advised short spells, FM17 is a lot harsher on the bad Brexit vote.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024